McKay

TerryTibbs

Please explain ally

He doesn't have to explain anything. He's not playing, its the managers decision and thats it. It doesn't matter what he's done before or elsewhere, it is the here and now that matters and for now Ally doesn't want him in his squad. I assume Ally has a very good reason for feeling that way but no way should the manager have to explain his selection policy or what goes on behind the scenes.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I don't buy into him not cutting it in training, he managed to get himself into the starting line up, then the next thing we know he can't even get on the bench against arbroath...do ppl forget he is a starter for Australia? A top 20 side? He was motm against Liverpool, set up goal in his first start, by all accounts played well against hamburg, his only poor performance was against utd... Along with every other player..,did he drop Davis? Jig? Edu? Hell no. All I wish is for someone to tell us the truth, he has bags of ability, more than good enough for arbroath, but doesn't get near the first team.why? Please explain ally

I think you will hear the truth once he is back in Australia.At the moment we are all speculating but one thing that hasnt been debated is his settling in.Not easy to moves half way across the World,especially from Oz to Scotland, and just settle in.Not featuring wont help him at all but until someone comes out with the truth we will never know.

This sort of takes us full circle here - we are all bemused at why he is not getting a chance - and there must be some reason - but that doesn't mean the manager is to blame, in fact given McKay's pedigree it makes me more inclined to think it is something else (major) has happened and until we do know then I back the managers right to not pick him whereas some seems to use this as another reason to get on the managers case.

I think people are looking to blame McCoist because of the players that he's continually put before McKay in the team TBH. That's a black and fact. We are poorer with McCulloch in the team and our manager still thought HE was good enough to keep a jersey

He doesn't have to explain anything. He's not playing, its the managers decision and thats it. It doesn't matter what he's done before or elsewhere, it is the here and now that matters and for now Ally doesn't want him in his squad. I assume Ally has a very good reason for feeling that way but no way should the manager have to explain his selection policy or what goes on behind the scenes.

Im sorry, but he should...

Ally chased him, used our limited funds to bring him in, yet won't play him...

The fans, those that spend their hard earned money on the club week in week out deserve to know why ally brought them to the club then saw fit not to use them, to watch them pick up a wage every week...given our current financial predicament this is obviously not good business sense, so ally, 3 players YOU brought in 6 MONTHS AGO are not getting a game and picking up decent wages, WHY?

The fans, those that spend their hard earned money on the club week in week out deserve to know why ally brought them to the club then saw fit not to use them, to watch them pick up a wage every week...given our current financial predicament this is obviously not good business sense, so ally, 3 players YOU brought in 6 MONTHS AGO are not getting a game and picking up decent wages, WHY?

Could we have got Bedoya for nowt but were so keen to get him we spent a bit of our very thin budget to get him early?

They aren't playing and with 2 of them it is abundantly obvious why they aren't. Less so with McKay but totally up to the manager. Ultimately, he'll be judged on such decisions and, as someone else has opined, we won't learn the truth until the lad leaves. It is folly though just to lay the potential blame at the door of the manager.

Yes I am basing that on what I have seen of him in the country where it matters and playing for the club which is most important to me.It must be obvious to everyone with eyes that he has not hit the ground running or even looked up to the standard needed.I have given my opinion on what might be best for him in this thread and in other threads why he is not being picked AT THIS TIME.

What he did in another league and country mean nothing until he does it with us and shows that he can get on the ball in our strip.

I can see your point but to judge the guy after 2 games is slightly OTT considering he had just come off a round the world flight about a day before one of the games. He was also played out of position IMO

I'm not saying McKay should be in team every week (he has to earn that) but we can ill-afford to waste a decent midfielder at a time when we are thin in that dept. I just want him to have a bloody chance in real games

The whole " might be rubbish in training is crap" firstly not every player is good in training and you also get the opposite when players are great in training but dross during the real games. only way to find out is by playing him. If he`s not played then we`ll mark it down as another crap signing by ally. But he`ll still be just better than even with his buys so far. Problem is we don`t have the money to be just even . we need nearly all his buys to be able to play for us not just half.

Ally doesn`t need to tell us why he`s not playing McKay but he`ll also know that McKay will be one of the nails in his coffin if he gets sacked.

I can see your point but to judge the guy after 2 games is slightly OTT considering he had just come off a round the world flight about a day before one of the games. He was also played out of position IMO

I'm not saying McKay should be in team every week (he has to earn that) but we can ill-afford to waste a decent midfielder at a time when we are thin in that dept. I just want him to have a bloody chance in real games

Good point, remember the start of the year when Ally signed Ortiz, he got a good few starts even though he looked below the standard after his first match. Yet Ally stuck by him and gave him a wee run, but I don't think McKay has had 2 starts on the trot

Anyone think that McKay might not be fit enough and blowing it out his arse in training? Ortiz maybe shows no interest in improving after an indifferent start and Bedoya might be shit.

ps. I only think Ortiz was a McCoist signing. The other two were bought for him to pad out the squad.

do ppl forget he is a starter for Australia? A top 20 side?

He was motm against Liverpool, set up goal in his first start, by all accounts played well against hamburg,

his only poor performance was against utd...

1. Counting Australia as a top 20 team when you get your co-efficient from games against Jakarta and Wherethefucknesia tels anyone those tables are skewed to hell and are as valueable as a burning tim.

2. Friendlies don't count. Ever. That's straw-clutching.

3. So, when it actually counted...

I understand why people are saying that Ally gets to see the players every day and obviously he isn't performing....but this doesn't make him right. Until McCoist drops McCulloch (and I mean drops him, not leaves him out because of injury or suspension) then I will reserve the right to second guess his judgement and that includes the Matt McKay enigma.

Everyone on the forum watches football, it makes us at very least a decent judge of a player. We can all (surely) see that McCulloch is not Rangers class - yet he has consistently taken this guys jersey all season. There has got to be something more in this and I mean this as a sort of defence of Mccoist because if this is purely based on footballing ability then I really fear for us.

one thing i have noticed with ally - and its just an OBSERVATION

if a player does something that irks him a bit he seems to take it very personal and they are immediatley out the team , irks might not be the right word but it's late :lol:

fleck - public bust up 3 years ago , played last 2 games but couldnt even get on the bennch never mind any game time just before that

wylde - stalls on signing a new contract , rumour of a bolton bid and he is dropped , think he came of the bench once , signs a new contract and he is back in the starting line up

TKB - comes on in a friendly and scores , starts next game . says that he has an offer from rangers and tromso , considering both offers . doesnt play again

mcKay - showed some promise , says something that it appears ally doesnt like and hasnt featured at all . and if he isnt as good as jig bartley or papac then our scouts should be sacked because they have obviously watched him play

poor man management, ally needs to work on that IMO

one thing i have noticed with ally - and its just an OBSERVATION

if a player does something that irks him a bit he seems to take it very personal and they are immediatley out the team , irks might not be the right word but it's late :lol:

fleck - public bust up 3 years ago , played last 2 games but couldnt even get on the bennch never mind any game time just before that

wylde - stalls on signing a new contract , rumour of a bolton bid and he is dropped , think he came of the bench once , signs a new contract and he is back in the starting line up

TKB - comes on in a friendly and scores , starts next game . says that he has an offer from rangers and tromso , considering both offers . doesnt play again

mcKay - showed some promise , says something that it appears ally doesnt like and hasnt featured at all . and if he isnt as good as jig bartley or papac then our scouts should be sacked because they have obviously watched him play

poor man management, ally needs to work on that IMO

We can only hope McCulloch and Whittaker say something he doesn't like.

I'm sorry, I don't buy into him not cutting it in training, he managed to get himself into the starting line up, then the next thing we know he can't even get on the bench against arbroath...do ppl forget he is a starter for Australia? A top 20 side? He was motm against Liverpool, set up goal in his first start, by all accounts played well against hamburg, his only poor performance was against utd... Along with every other player..,did he drop Davis? Jig? Edu? Hell no. All I wish is for someone to tell us the truth, he has bags of ability, more than good enough for arbroath, but doesn't get near the first team.why? Please explain ally

I believe he has upset Ally with his comments re our training methods. Is he a world beater - no, but he must have something to be Aussie player of the year and the fact we watched him and signed him. We also watched Ortiz and Bedoya and they are not too good so who really knows, but there is something amiss with our handling of players and or our scouting of players. Nothing is very clear that is for sure.

The greatest player to never get a run in the Rangers side?

Maybe not the gretest player to never get a run, mate!...But I'll tell you this for nothing.....He's arguably the best midfielder never to get a run in front of the players who have played there instead of him in that midfield...and as long as we play a "holding midfielder" with Edu doing well, and Davis being our creative midfielder, McKay will never get a run.

We need width with pace in that team and with Aluko and Wallace giving us that (and Naismith and Wylde also available) McKays only chance is if we sell one or more of the following...Davis, Edu. McCulloch,McMillan,Fleck,Bedoya, Ortiz...or even Kerkar, the way things are going.

I'm not pointing the blame at anybody here, and that includes McCoist, but it's very evident that on the evidence so far, McKay's transfer to us was not a good move for Rangers or the player...and we could probably question our dealings in who is actually signing these players and wasting good money by having them at the club.

Exactly how long has Kerkar been paid wages at our club, and how many meaningful games has he played?