***Official African Cup Of Nations Thread***

Gillete

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does it actually start?

I'd say Ivory Coast, but they always bottle it so Ghana or Senegal for me.

Can't believe how many decent outfits haven't qualifies this time around: Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, Nigeria all missing :(

Think Nigeria got banned, not 100% though. Just aswell though as Aluko would most likely have been called up :)

Fancy ivory coast strongly just looked at the odds and there 6/4 favs pretty shit but can't see any other team stopping them.

That's how I see it too

Is it worth betting them , I don't know

There's always usually a big surprise in africa

Anyone watching this ?

Ivory coast are the favourites for it

I was going to opt for Ghana but gyan is struggling to be fit for it

Anyone know where I can see the squad lists for it ?

World Soccer magazine do an indepth summary of it mate,just had mine delivered[one with Drogba on the front].ANYTHING you need to know about WORLD FOOTBALL is in here!

Think this is the most open one of all minus the big guns such as Egypt,Cameroon and Nigeria.

Personally im putting my money on MOROCCO with new boss Eric Gerets on board,and with Chamakh and Taarabt up top ably assisted with Benatia[udinese] and Boussoufa [voted the best player in Belguim] and who easily topped their group in qualifying beating Algeria twice 1-0 away and 4-0 at home.

Very strong in defence [only 2 goals conceded in qualifying] and a danger upfront.

Starts tonight,on Eurosport at 6.15 and should have some exciting teams on show,stand-outs being Ivory Coast,Ghana and Senegal, although i fancy Morocco.Some cracking players as well ie ; Drogba,Kalou,Yaya Toure,Demba Ba,Niang,Moussa Sow,Gyan,Muntari,Taarabt,Chamakh and looking forward to watching Mbark Boussoufa.

Always enertaining and worth a watch!!