Half decent SPL reformation idea

On talk sport earlier they were discussing AVB's comments about EPL teams should be allowed to have B teams in the lower league's

onne of the callers said instead of them being in the English league's how about putting them into the SPL to try and get a bit more intrest in to the scottish game.

Anyone think it would work?

Any decent idea that comes up the idiots in charge of our divisions instantly shoot them down and tell us what we have is the way forward.

English 'B' teams in the SPL I am not sure about as there would be much travelling for the supporters would there not and then you go down the line if they can come here then why can't Rangers or Celtic move down south.

Any decent idea that comes up the idiots in charge of our divisions instantly shoot them down and tell us what we have is the way forward.

English 'B' teams in the SPL I am not sure about as there would be much travelling for the supporters would there not and then you go down the line if they can come here then why can't Rangers or Celtic move down south.

would we need to move south if this happened? we could be getting better tv revinues etc and to a certain degree we would see better players in the spl

might be our way in...

although I'm sure they'll attach some conditions to stop us playing our "B" team thats better than our "A" team. Like under 21's only or at least a fair number of them being so.

If they make way for then to come up then why wouldnt we be allowed a team in their lower division? but this is where the idea would stop as their lower leagues a packed already.

I think the only way forward is a national league (which the english wont go for), with the lower leagues being regional to a point and a national cup, no league cup. just my 2 bob tho.

SPL should be 14 team and we should have 1 large 24 team below that with old firm b teams. Being saying that for ages.sssS!

would much rather:

18 team SPL

18 team SPL2 (with play off's)

regional (into a pyramid system)

scrap the league cup

bring in a Scottish super cup (SPL winner vs Scottish cup winner pre-season at Hampden)

bring in a British super cup (SPL winner vs EPL winner pre-season. alternate between Wembley/Hampden)

two legged Scottish cup, all the way to the semi finals, then final at Hampden (Hate semi finals at Hampden)

With regards to EPL B teams in the SPL, never going to happen.

With regards to Rangers in the EPL, never going to happen.

On talk sport earlier they were discussing AVB's comments about EPL teams should be allowed to have B teams in the lower league's

onne of the callers said instead of them being in the English league's how about putting them into the SPL to try and get a bit more intrest in to the scottish game.

Anyone think it would work?

NO!

would much rather:

18 team SPL

scrap the league cup

bring in a Scottish super cup (SPL winner vs Scottish cup winner pre-season at Hampden)

bring in a British super cup (SPL winner vs EPL winner pre-season. alternate between Wembley/Hampden)

two legged Scottish cup, all the way to the semi finals, then final at Hampden (Hate semi finals at Hampden)

(tu)

would much rather:

18 team SPL

scrap the league cup

A fine idea (tu)

Shame it'll probably never happen :anguish:

Don't know if I've ever heard a worse idea. Can you imagine it "this years SCOTTISH league champions. Man city reserves". Brilliant. Would the reserve team get to qualify for the champions league?

The idea was actually that bad a little bit of sickness came up. I'm going to have to take the rest of the day off.

Don't know if I've ever heard a worse idea. Can you imagine it "this years SCOTTISH league champions. Man city reserves". Brilliant. Would the reserve team get to qualify for the champions league?

The idea was actually that bad a little bit of sickness came up. I'm going to have to take the rest of the day off.

(tu)

Is this how fucking low we have sunk,an institution the size of the rangers football club being saved by the likes of Wigan or Blackburn or some other pish English team sending their b team up to play in our league.

This tells us if we didn't already know how low the English view our game.