Ortiz vows to stay at Rangers

skinnymate1690

Yeah, I don't suppose he wants to stay to actually prove himself and show he can bring something to the team. He obviously wants to stay in a foreign country, where he can barely speak the language, just to get money for doing fuck all, even though he could probably get a move back to Spain. Sounds like every footballer's dream scenario eh! <cr>

McCoist clearly doesn't want him. So whats the point? he will be getting money for fuck all.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregg Wylde will never make it at Rangers properly until he works on the above, but most importantly, using his right foot.

Using his left foot looks like a problem too.

Dont like having a go at Gers players but I said as far back as last season that this boy wasnt ready for the first team - and he still isnt.

Well Ortiz was signed as a winger...and he doesn't have the attributes for that position, looks more a centre midfielder but again would that surprise anyone if that really was his true position?

Great he wants to stay and fight for his place, but I can't see where he fits in.

While I would like to see him get more of a chance his wages could be freed up to allow us to potentially sign a striker. He's 29 too, if he was a younger player then I would be more inclined to keep him, but he's not. Should be looking to move him on, whether it be a loan deal somewhere or a permanent move.

Totally agree mate, he's played well in some games and we've took 13 out of 15 points in the league games he's started.

Played well against Liverpool, Motherwell, Malmo(a), ICT and Dunfermline in the second half. Was decent against Dundee United as well.

People are judging him mainly on the terrible team performances against Hearts, Malmo(h) and Maribor ties.

He was alright against Hearts and scored against Maribor too (tu).

Totally agree mate, he's played well in some games and we've took 13 out of 15 points in the league games he's started.

Played well against Liverpool, Motherwell, Malmo(a), ICT and Dunfermline in the second half. Was decent against Dundee United as well.

People are judging him mainly on the terrible team performances against Hearts, Malmo(h) and Maribor ties.

(tu)

Dont know why we don't give him a run out at RB, he's played there before and could be better than we have. Maybe start him against a team with a less pacy left side to see how he goes. Really hope he gets a chance as I believe he may have something to offer.

I'll say it again, it didn't help his cause one bit by being described as a fast tricky player who would get bums off seats. I have no idea how anyone watching him in La Liga could ever have described him as that.

He very rarely played on the wing and isn't a winger in any shape or form, however, an arse-up was made somewhere along the line as he seemingly was brought in to play as a winger for us.

Doesn't make him a bad player, he's technically very sound and a nice passer. Unfortunately people heard Spanish winger signed from La Liga and people had flashing Laudrup type lights going off in their heads.

We don't exactly ever play with wing backs, which arguably would be his best position so I'd say he'd then be best played at right CM, though he was hardly going to dislodge Davis when he was off form, let alone when he's back on form and official club captain. Even if Davis was out, I doubt he'd get a run there anyway as we seem to have an abundance of people who rightly or wrongly play CM for us.

If he does get back into the team I'd assume it would be at RM and I just do not see him being what people both want and expect him to be. I know RM doesn't need to be a winger, but I'd say RM isn't even a position where he will excel for us in the SPL, let alone when many will still expect him to beat three men when he gets the ball. It just aint gonna happen.

Was played mainly as a RB at Almeria so give the boy a chance there. He's not a winger whos going to get us all excited. The sooner ally realises just cause he is spanish doesnt mean he is going to be a tricky player. He is good on the ball so lets play him at RB and try playing out from the back!!

I like Ortiz if he is played more central.

He has good ball control and skill but is not a winger and should not be played as one but hey we're Rangers.

Papac and Wallace(left wingers)

Whittaker(right winger)

Wylde(right winger)

Bartley(right back)

McCulloch(everywhere)

Lafferty(left winger)

Naismith(left winger)

Ortiz(left winger)

Davis(right winger)

Edu(right back)

Wylde is our natural left sided player and guess where we play him.

I would really like to see Ortiz at RB, instead of Bartley. I only watched the 2nd half yesterday, but i wasnt convinced he is the right choise for a regular place in that position.

Agree 100% with this. He played a fair amount of games at right back and left back with almeira, and I think he is worth a try at rb instead of bartley, and who knows there's a good chance he's a better rb than Whittaker.