2 Games Without Jela, 2 Superb Wins

StevieMac90

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simple without Jelavic we're forced to play a passing game rather than the punt up the park, if we played the way we did today with Jelavic today we'd possibly have scored more. Still some inconsistencies to iron out but a lot better today.

exactly, jelavic might be overrated by some but he is the best striker we will see at ibrox for years..its our mentality when he plays, if we play passing football when he is in the team rather than thump the ball at him we wouldnt be sitting second imo

we wont be better off without him, he will score important goals for us between now and the end of the season that the likes of healy and co wouldnt

I've got my fingers crossed, we manage to see Jelavic play in that system one day. Cause overall David Healy ain't the answer.

Me too, I hope the big man stays and Ally gets the team to keep it on the deck.

I counted three good chances for them before we scored but 3 points in the bag, a happy bear the night :crabflute:

We're kidding ourselves on if we think we don't need Jelavic just because we beat a diabolical Hibs side. Him playing gives our players an easy option of scooping it up the park to him, but with Healy we don't have that. If only we could play that way with Jelavic in the side!

Jelavic is a very good player, not world class as some suggest but very good all the same. I feel the problem we sometimes get when he plays is he becomes the main point of the team. Far too much emphasis gets put on him to do well. Everything has to go through him. When he doesnt play we seem to play as a team. Jelavic would do a lot better in a team full of players of an equal or better ability than him.

At Inter a few years ago, whenever their best player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, played, they would resort to lumping it up the park to him...a sort of 'give it to Zlatan, and he'll take care of it'. I think there's a similar story here. Jelavic is still a fantastic player, but I think when he plays, the team just ask too much on him.

I think this is correct.

The players need to rely more on themselves as they do when Jelavic is out. We need to play it on the deck more often and at pace.

The midfield apart from Wylde was good today, but our best chance is if we have Davis, Aluko and Celik all playing and creating space for two decent strikers. Edu can be the engine along with Davis as he was today. Hopefully Jelavic and another striker better than Healy.

We need our defence to play better and please play McMillan in place of Bartley.

At Inter a few years ago, whenever their best player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, played, they would resort to lumping it up the park to him...a sort of 'give it to Zlatan, and he'll take care of it'. I think there's a similar story here. Jelavic is still a fantastic player, but I think when he plays, the team just ask too much of him.

My point exactly 2 mins before you lol. It does seem to happen when a team has a player that is a class above the rest.

Never been one to say we can't win a game without Jelavic, i'm not that big a fan considering some of the awful displays he can put in.

But I do stand by being uncomfortable with our striking options for the rest of the season if Jelavic leaves with no replacement, even if Healy did score today.

At Inter a few years ago, whenever their best player, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, played, they would resort to lumping it up the park to him...a sort of 'give it to Zlatan, and he'll take care of it'. I think there's a similar story here. Jelavic is still a fantastic player, but I think when he plays, the team just ask too much of him.

Was a master stroke of a deal selling him to Barcelona and getting Eto as part of it.

When Jelavic plays we punt it long to him out of laziness from the defence/midfield , rather than play the smart creative pass . they seem to think when Jelly there we can play it long to him cos hes good enough to deal with it which is detrimental to the team . I really wish we could play the way we play without jelavic , with jelavic cos wev proved wer good enough to break teams down . play the same way with jelavic wed hammer anyone in this league

Plenty to build on from today.What it confirmed to me was that Healy is not the answer to our Striker problem,Bartley is not a RB and Wylde is wasted on the right.However,Hibs were absolutely dire and other than the 1 or 2 mistakes we made they offered nothing up front.Bartley is totally over rated in my opinion.He is a reasonable defender but prone to some really poor mistakes.He offers nothing going forward other than the "cross field diagonal" also known as the punt up the park.Maybe in time he will make a good CB but right now he can be a liability with elementary errors and poor judgement.We are wasting our time and his in playing Wilde on the right.He cant kick with his right so he is always going to come inside on to his left.Healy just hasnt got it and nice a guy as he may be its time to move him on in the Summer.

we certainly seem to play more fluid football with Jela out of the team,more variation and our midfield seem to play higher up the pitch ie Davis with 2 goals today.

Its a strange one because without a doubt he is a class act but our football is better without him?

we certainly seem to play more fluid football with Jela out of the team,more variation and our midfield seem to play higher up the pitch ie Davis with 2 goals today.

Its a strange one because without a doubt he is a class act but our football is better without him?

Too much reliance on him ot win us the game when he plays. When he aint there, others need to step up.