Rangers fans who played for Them

The Beast

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bertie Auld is a member of same golf course as me, played a tournament with him once, was a nice enough old guy but spent a lot of time telling us about how Celtic supporters clubs fly him all over the world to play golf, the practice obviously hasn't done him any good

Hes not, Op's talking pish.

Maybe - wouldn't be the first time!

I thought I'd heard that he was a Rangers fan as a boy.

As for Hartson re a previous post, I remember seeing a cribs type documentary about him at home and he had lots of framed shirts on the wall one of which was a Richard Gough one from the first champions league when he said Rangers were his second team after Swansea. I'm sure he also spoke about his massive disappointment when we didn't sign him (on the same day we signed R De Boer) because of some bogus fears about his knee then O'Neill stepped in and the rest is history.

Maybe - wouldn't be the first time!

I thought I'd heard that he was a Rangers fan as a boy.

As for Hartson re a previous post, I remember seeing a cribs type documentary about him at home and he had lots of framed shirts on the wall one of which was a Richard Gough one from the first champions league when he said Rangers were his second team after Swansea. I'm sure he also spoke about his massive disappointment when we didn't sign him (on the same day we signed R De Boer) because of some bogus fears about his knee then O'Neill stepped in and the rest is history.

Hartson was. not now after playing for them. My mate used to get his mates tickets for the old firm games. They were all hardcore bears.

Can't see Broon8 being a bear after the whole Broony thing.

not now, but he did sit along from me in the front of the copland for a few games when he was younger. One of his mates sat right behind me and he sometimes got one of their seasons.

Hartson was. not now after playing for them. My mate used to get his mates tickets for the old firm games. They were all hardcore bears.

Agree that none of then will be now. Also heard that there are members of Craig Burleys family in darkest Ayrshire who still will not speak to him to this day.

Alan MacInally.

Something that always puzzled me was how did Roy Aitken get the nickname 'The Bear'?

Must've been a bit if a cross to bear playing for them!?

Good shout. McInally was apparerently a real blue nose as a boy. I'd of taken him as a Rangers player as well. Under-rated in my opinion.

Good shout. McInally was apparerently a real blue nose as a boy. I'd of taken him as a Rangers player as well. Under-rated in my opinion.

He did used to play for Bayern Munich as well......

As if he hadn't reminded us a thousand times!! :)

i remember we auld walking down past a building site one day and the builders calling him all kinds of names including ya f^^^^n bastard and he said to me but iam an orange bastard

I'm glad someone like Bertie Auld jumped the dyke - he was one of the dirtiest players in the game. He went over the top and broke big Davie Provan's leg - and did it to others as well.