New Craig Whyte interview with Tom English

Boab

i had great satisfaction reading that. with the comments about buying potential and selling on is probably why we only offered 1m for holt. how much could we resell a 30+ year old on? how much may aluko go for(if we tie him down)or any other star we choose to give a platform to perform. the hard thing is giving these guys a start and keeping the league.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think there is a ratified plan until we know how the next few weeks pan out. There will be contingency plans but they don't become real until the result of the hmrc case is known.

Agreed, He disnae have to be a billionaire, just have a grip on what this club means to a helluva lot of people. I dont mind him saying we have to make cuts and take the pain, but at the end of the day we are a football club and what happens on the park will have an impact on income for the club. We cant win trophies without players.

A good interview. I'm wary though and that won't change for a while.

Shame he couldn't have been truthful about our situation since the start. I'm guessing that's what he is referring to with the 'what I'd do differently' line.

Trying to hoodwink the support has backfired, to an extent, and I'd say he goes some way to acknowledging that in this interview.

Just keep telling the truth Mr Whyte and that's all I ask.

Casey, TWM and the other few will be along to shoot it down soon :sherlock:

Using rough figures.

I've probably forgotten something so please feel free to point out any figures that need added to either column.

IN

35 - Turnover

20 - Ticketus

5 - RFCG for playing squad

5 - RFCG for working capital

1.7 - Bougherra

0.8 - Adam

5.5 - Jelavic

TOTAL - 81m

OUT

45 - Expenditure

1 - Beattie

1 - Vienna

6 - Playing squad

4.4 - Ticketus

2.5 - Court

TOTAL - 59.9m

is £5.5M after jelavic gets his pay off ? rem he didn`t ask for the transfer.same with Bougherra

I don't have intimate knowledge of either contract or whether pay offs were indeed made, do you?

I already factored in the reported £1m for agents. Enough?

Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere, but the thing that I don't understand regarding the whole ticketus money is how are we going to generate money over the next couple of seasons, when we have already apparently spent a large part of our income?

Can anyone explain this to me?

I don't have intimate knowledge of either contract or whether pay offs were indeed made, do you?

I already factored in the reported £1m for agents. Enough?

If a player leaves without asking he is entitled to get his wages due for the rest of his contract. normally doesn`t happen and they get a payoff. If a player asks to leave he gets nothing.

Maybe this has been mentioned somewhere, but the thing that I don't understand regarding the whole ticketus money is how are we going to generate money over the next couple of seasons, when we have already apparently spent a large part of our income?

Only one man can explain how that £5m black hole will be plugged in future seasons.

If a player leaves without asking he is entitled to get his wages due for the rest of his contract. normally doesn`t happen and they get a payoff. If a player asks to leave he gets nothing.

If he is going to another club, I doubt that is the case. Why would he get paid wages by 2 clubs for the same period?

He wasn't forced to accept Everton's offer and could have stayed. He chose to move to a club in the EPL, his openly confessed target, and drastically increased his earnings at the same time. Why the fuck would he be due the rest of his wages from Rangers? This is shit stirring at its worst. Try again because this one didn't work.

He always comes over very well although so did Murray and we know what happened there so I will reserve my judgement on him. I can believe that little bills keep dropping out of thin air though :anguish:.

Interesting he hasn't discussed the future of the company with Ally ... does this mean he doesn'r completely trust him?

The loan wasn't 100% of the season ticket sales so there will still be some income each year but I do take your point. I suppose the problem is that we can only earn real money in the Champions League and that would seem far beyond us at the moment :anguish:

Thanks for responding.

Is no one else as concerned about this as I am?

well considering that this season we have had to pay 7mill to ticketus, 1mill for jelavic transfer (AJ claimed all transfers were fully paid as well, another lie by the old regime) and 1mill to pay off James beattie, there's 9million quid you wont see us spending every season

say we pay back ticketus 5mill a year, cutting our running costs and even the europa league participation means we have that covered

remember that it was only maybe 10-15k season tickets sold up front per season to ticketus, not our full 35-40k

Many on here said that (and I was one of them) getting our money back on Jelavic would have been good business the way he was paying during November & December. I still think we could have got more, but on current form....for an SPL player, I think that was about right. Of course you can compare that to the transfers of Hutton, Gordon, McGeadie & say we were done. But in all honesty, Spurs, Sunderland & Spartak were done imo. There's just not the same cash flying about just now!

Was listening to talksport and Neil Warnick said he had Jelavic watched three times and was "absolutely dreadful".

Have to agree with him, over the last 2/3 months his form hasn't been good, and his transfer value reflected that.

Using rough figures.

I've probably forgotten something so please feel free to point out any figures that need added to either column.

IN

35 - Turnover

20 - Ticketus

5 - RFCG for playing squad

5 - RFCG for working capital

1.7 - Bougherra

0.8 - Adam

5.5 - Jelavic

TOTAL - 81m

OUT

45 - Expenditure

1 - Beattie

1 - Vienna

6 - Playing squad

4.4 - Ticketus

2.5 - Court

TOTAL - 59.9m

Upgrading the stadium including the screens?