Administration thread

debear

Just listened to Paul Murray interview on Real Radio - thought he came across very well.

Said he has had people who have come forward that mey be interested in being part of a consortium. Will lodge an interest with administrators so he can speak to them to dicuss idea and find out real debt level.

Clearly has no time for Whyte and asks if he is a fit and proper person to run the club? Sounds promising fingers crossed.

Where were these people before Whyte purchased the club. I trust Paul Murray less than i trust Whyte due to the fact he spent so much time on the board then pulled £25 million out of his arse at the last minute.

Just listened to Paul Murray interview on Real Radio - thought he came across very well.

Said he has had people who have come forward that mey be interested in being part of a consortium. Will lodge an interest with administrators so he can speak to them to dicuss idea and find out real debt level.

Clearly has no time for Whyte and asks if he is a fit and proper person to run the club? Sounds promising fingers crossed.

Would he being saying this if we weren't in administration? No he wouldn't

It was inevitable that we would have to be out into administration for the club to progress

If he is to buy us then I wouldn't be surprised if he had a deal with whyte all along

They get whyte in for a while and put us into admin they ride in as the saviours of rangers

Whyte gets a decent pay off, basically payment for being "the guy who put us into administration" and he is never to be seen again

They new owner buy rangers at a cut price saving them a fortune, become the saviours of rangers in the eyes of the fans and get all the glory, plaudits, media attention etc

None of this would have happened if we were not put into administration.

It HAD to happen

If this is the way it pans out then fair play to whyte for having the balls to do it

Would he being saying this if we weren't in administration? No he wouldn't

It was inevitable that we would have to be out into administration for the club to progress

If he is to buy us then I wouldn't be surprised if he had a deal with whyte all along

They get whyte in for a while and put us into admin they ride in as the saviours of rangers

Whyte gets a decent pay off, basically payment for being "the guy who put us into administration" and he is never to be seen again

They new owner buy rangers at a cut price saving them a fortune, become the saviours of rangers in the eyes of the fans and get all the glory, plaudits, media attention etc

None of this would have happened if we were not put into administration.

It HAD to happen

If this is the way it pans out then fair play to whyte for having the balls to do it

You may well be right but the way he spoke about Whyte I doubt very much they are in this together. Although I don't know much I think a consortium sounds a better way to go on rather than relying on one person.

Traynor has just said that he's 99% certain we will go into liquidation.......without giving any explanation whatsoever of why he so strongly believes this !

Administrator has told assembly in a conference call that liquidation is remote.

As for those administrators:

Meanwhile, it has emerged that David Grier, a partner at Rangers administrators Duff and Phelps, was centrally involved in Craig Whyte's takeover from previous owner Sir David Murray.

As emails obtained by BBC Scotland show, he even assured the previous board that Mr Whyte's bid had already secured a "time to pay" deal with HMRC.

This has led one academic to raise concerns over the appointment of Duff and Phelps as Rangers' administrators.

Steven Morrow, senior lecturer in sport finance at Stirling University, said: "If there is evidence of a prior relationship between those involved in an administrative capacity and the directors of Rangers Football Club, then I think that would raise concerns among some of the creditors.

"This is because the role of the administrator is to be independent, to look after the interests of all the creditors, not to be seen to have any particular interest in one group of creditors.

"Their job is to try to make sure the organisation is a going concern but protect the interests of all creditors and that's what the process is about."

Duff and Phelps has denied any conflict of interest in acting as administrators.

In a statement, the firm said: "The appointment of D&P was approved by the Court of Session in Edinburgh and the appointment was agreed to by HMRC.

"Indeed, HMRC withdrew their application to have an administrator of their choice appointed and are now engaging with D&P as the administration progresses.

"There is no conflict of interest whatsoever as it is standard practice for companies to appoint their own administrators, who usually have provided advice on restructuring in the build up to an insolvency."

Don't know if this has been posted, stole it from a poster on FF.

Can anybody confirm ?

Just received this from my area delegate.

Representatives from the Rangers Supporters Assembly took part in a telephone conference call with one of the administrators, Paul Clark of Duff and Phelps, this evening.

Paul reaffirmed the key messages in their statement issued earlier today and the key points that were clarified in our discussions were:

-Saturday's match will go ahead

-Season tickets will remain valid for the remaining home matches

-Tickets purchased for Inverness next weekend will be valid

-Constructive meetings have been held with key stakeholders - HMRC, SFA, Police, Auditors - and these will continue

-Unlikely there will be audited accounts or an AGM, however, all the financial affairs will be fully examined

-Strong assurance that the Club will emerge from administration and liquidation is extremely remote

-Paul was not yet in a position to determine how long the period of administration may last but stated that he saw the administration as temporary.

I understand the hysteria but really, what is the point?

Murray stuck it up the supports arse day in, day out and the majority of people said thank you.

Rangers have been badly run since at least 1998 and given the current situation administration was inevitable. I don't trust Whyte but he's just doing the dirty work that had to be done.

David Murray destroyed the Club in just about every way yet escapes scot free.

All we can do is support McCoist and the team whilst waiting for events to unfold off the park.

Murray stuck it up the supports arse day in, day out and the majority of people said thank you.

Rangers have been badly run since at least 1998 and given the current situation administration was inevitable. I don't trust Whyte but he's just doing the dirty work that had to be done.

All we can do is support McCoist and the team whilst waiting for events to unfold off the park.

This is way too sensible.

No wonder Murray was so desperate to get out the picture, wanted to be well out the way by the time this shit inevitable unfolded.

Raman Bhardwaj (@STVRaman)

2/15/12 10:32 PM

We are told Rangers story will be 'flooded with fresh developments' over next 10 days. Administrators will meet players tomorrow. stv.tv

Dread to think what this will be :(

This terrifies me. Sounds like major redundancies are on the way.