Arsenal Shares

caseyjones

It's very easy to be flippant.

I keep hearing about history and heritage but clearly they mean more to us than they do to other clubs.

RFC have helped many, many clubs out throughout the years. Who is coming to our aid when we are clearly in distress?

Something i have noticed quite clearly....NO ONE.

To think of all the clubs we have helped or fans we have sided with down over the years it really opens your eyes as to how hated or despised we are.

However at the end of the day i do not think we need anyone's help. We are big enough with enough supporters worldwide to ensure there will be another 140 years and more of Rangers FC.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very easy to be flippant.

I keep hearing about history and heritage but clearly they mean more to us than they do to other clubs.

RFC have helped many, many clubs out throughout the years. Who is coming to our aid when we are clearly in distress?

Take the poker out of your arse, it was just an attempt at a bit of light-hearted humour.

I very much doubt that any team would be riding to our rescue when they heard the details of why we now find ourselves in administration, just as I would be livid if Rangers helped out another club whose millionaire businessman had engineered their situation.

Take the poker out of your arse, it was just an attempt at a bit of light-hearted humour.

I very much doubt that any team would be riding to our rescue when they heard the details of why we now find ourselves in administration, just as I would be livid if Rangers helped out another club whose millionaire businessman had engineered their situation.

yes but the millionaire businessman isn't in charge anymore. The apparent potless business man is and the mess he and the club have been left with by previous millionaire businessman is not fault of theirs :D

To think of all the clubs we have helped or fans we have sided with down over the years it really opens your eyes as to how hated or despised we are.

However at the end of the day i do not think we need anyone's help. We are big enough with enough supporters worldwide to ensure there will be another 140 years and more of Rangers FC.

Motherwell and Dunfermline have publicly backed us....not sure what practical help they can offer though.

Which clubs despise us?

No One likes Us, We Dont Care

Both Ibrox and Highbury facades were designed by Archibald Leitch

That's not strictly true. Archibald Leitch did work at Highbury, but the famous Art Deco stands at Highbury were a later addition and possibly a replacement for the Leitch structures. Leitch also designed Celtic Park and Hampden Park, as well as many grounds south of the border. His finest piece of work was the Trinity Road Stand at Villa Park ... it remains an act of cultural vandalism that Aston Villa were allowed to demolish what was, effectively, a grander version of Ibrox's Struth Stand.

From one of the Arsenal forums.

Tagline

Britains Finest

Me, Myself, and I

A group for supporters of both Arsenal And Glasgow Rangers

The close bond between the clubs which dispels the myth of Arsenal/Celtic, Rangers/Chelsea as many believe, goes back to the 1930's and was born out of the close friendship between two football legends, Arsenal’s Herbert Chapman and his Rangers counterpart Bill Struth

From 1933 - 1967 Arsenal and Rangers played each other regularly (except during the war)and the match became regarded as the battle of Britain.

In 1951 the clubs played a friendly at Highbury which was the first floodlit game between 2 British clubs the attendance that night was over 62,000 with over 10,000 locked outside.

The clubs also held shares in one another and it is believed some still remain today.

The bond remains today, with many Arsenal fans also following Rangers, a tradition passed down through generations.

The links between the clubs are also well documented on Arsenal.com and in the Arsenal museum at the New Emirates Stadium.

Both Ibrox and Highbury facades were designed by Archibald Leitch

Not quite. Leitch did work at Highbury, but the famous Art Deco facades of the East and West stands (which, incidentally, Arsenal incorporated into the residential development of Highbury quite beautifully) were not designed by Leitch. Leitch designed all three of Glasgow's major stadium (Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden), as well as most major grounds south of the border. I still think it was an act of cultural vandalism that Aston Villa demolished his wonderful Trinity Road Stand at Villa Park.