VB statement re Whyte

StudsLonniegan

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Lucy, it does seem like fence sitting but I agree with the point that we must get behind the team at this time. Obviously the statement was before the news if the past couple of days, but it would be interesting to hear if there is a more up to date stance.

1. We are now in Administration. FACT.

2. He failed to pay NI and PAYE contributions to HMRC. FACT.

3. He vehemently denied using the Ticketus money to pay off the Bank when this is exactly what he did. FACT.

4. He shamefully sold our Arsenal shares and paid the money into one of his own accounts. FACT.

How many more facts do you need before you waken up?

I find it unbelievable that so many people are still prepared to defend this man.

This!

I think the VB are a great support to Rangers, but I think they have got it wrong this time. CW is a snake oil salesman. A con man of the highest order.

I don't know if he is guilty of anything illegal because I don't know the law well enough but I do know he is Liar. He told us categorically (and repeatedly) that he bought the club using his own funds. He has now changed that to he secured a loan against his own assets which is basically the same.

Well it's not the same. He was asked to provide proof he had the cash to move the club forwards, he somehow demonstrated he had this then actually bought us on tick.

I agree with the poster above, fans groups should form an opinion apply pressure by numbers to get information that is vital to the club. As for CW, I backed him until very recently. I understood the apparent necessity to enter administration and felt a little sorry for him for being the fall guy. After everything that has come out since the administrators took over, the guy seems very slippery and not someone I want associated with the club.

Obviously, this is based on the information provided by the administrators - we interpret it how we wish.

This!

I think the VB are a great support to Rangers, but I think they have got it wrong this time. CW is a snake oil salesman. A con man of the highest order.

Agreed.

Far far too many lies now.

The VB's, more than any of us, should be pointing out these inconsistencies....not backing him...sortof.

I agree with Lucy, it does seem like fence sitting but I agree with the point that we must get behind the team at this time. Obviously the statement was before the news if the past couple of days, but it would be interesting to hear if there is a more up to date stance.

Nope, it's still the same.

Yeah, the one where you suggested you wanted them to make an ill informed decision based on speculation and one-up-man-ship.

No.

The one that said the statement doesnt really say much about anything apart from "keep following the team".

Not sure what you're reading?!?

There are no hysterical " what if's " in my post, only facts.

Ok then, when shall we see any arrests?

If the answer is never, and Rangers come out of administration healthier, but minus a few shares in Arsenal, it'll be job done Mr Whyte, thank you and goodbye. I'll still hold David Murray and his lickspittles responsible for the entire debacle, no matter what.

I don't know if he is guilty of anything illegal because I don't know the law well enough but I do know he is Liar. He told us categorically (and repeatedly) that he bought the club using his own funds. He has now changed that to he secured a loan against his own assets which is basically the same.

Well it's not the same. He was asked to provide proof he had the cash to move the club forwards, he somehow demonstrated he had this then actually bought us on tick.

I agree with the poster above, fans groups should form an opinion apply pressure by numbers to get information that is vital to the club. As for CW, I backed him until very recently. I understood the apparent necessity to enter administration and felt a little sorry for him for being the fall guy. After everything that has come out since the administrators took over, the guy seems very slippery and not someone I want associated with the club.

Obviously, this is based on the information provided by the administrators - we interpret it how we wish.

A judge, dismissing King's latest appeal last October against his tax liabilities, said he had "no respect for the truth and does not hesitate to lie if he thinks it will be to his advantage. He is a mendacious witness whose evidence should not be accepted on any issue unless it is supported by objective evidence. In our assessment, he is a glib and shameless liar."

A judge, dismissing King's latest appeal last October against his tax liabilities, said he had "no respect for the truth and does not hesitate to lie if he thinks it will be to his advantage. He is a mendacious witness whose evidence should not be accepted on any issue unless it is supported by objective evidence. In our assessment, he is a glib and shameless liar."

Er...how does that quote support your statement?

If that is the case, then that is a poor show. We have a liar running the club who has sold some of the last of the family silver for goodness sake, that is surely worthy of comment and condemnation.

Thought that's what the administrators were doing?

Maybe he jumped the gun and is going to use it when we come out of admin...or maybe not..who knows?

Thought that's what the administrators were doing?

Maybe he jumped the gun and is going to use it when we come out of admin...or maybe not..who knows?

I meant about him selling the season ticket money and the Arsenal shares. I know much is being made about the shares, and in the grand scheme of things its not all that major, but even still those shares were a gift to the club, they were not Whytes to sell.

It's ok for the pillar of tax dodgers king to be a glib liar and he is invited into the ibrox fold with his alleged cohorts by the sheep, aye ok. :pipe:

Is that biblical?

Can I make it simple?

The statement you provided broadly supports Whyte...yet you quote posts saying he is a crook, liar and cheater.

Do you support him or not?