RangersFanOwnership Model

Would you join this concept?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Which would best describe your thoughts?

• No Thanks
    • Yes It's Brilliant
    • Yes £100 upfront
    • I Can Only afford £10 P.M
    • I would pay £100 + £10 P.M
    • I Know 5 others would would do both

This is my first post, please go easy ;)

Rangers Fans Ownership

Everyone wants it, nobody is proposing anything, we are running out of time!!

Here is my model of what we can do to truly own the club Lock, Stock and Barrel

RangersFansOwnership

The Rangers Rescue Package

The Target is 250,000 + memberships bought. (the numbers are just a guide)

Multiple Memberships will be available, but there will be a set limit

Special Memberships for separate R.S.C's to have in their name

We are looking at an option of real fan ownership, the rank and file supporter having a say in the club, the problem is that the costs involved in owning and running the club, as well as getting the right people to run the club in a professional and cost effective manner, but also in a forward thinking manner.

We believe that there are literally millions of Rangers fans the world over and we believe that with the right PR we can get a large portion of them to join the Rangers rescue membership club.

Club membership costs £100 one off payment and then a monthly DD fee of £10.

For record of this all members will be given a URN (Unique Rangers Number) which they will be able to use for the variety of things below.

For this investment all members will receive 1 vote on all club matters that need to be pre set.

1 vote per membership, multiple memberships allowed within reason (a pre determind limit will be set to deter huge investors)

Each member must invest just £120 per annum (£220 year 1)to have a say in the future running of the club and also to save the club from ruin.

Are Rangers worth £220 to you?

Ok so what happens and how safe is the money?

STEP 1 – The Figureheads/Endorsements

Firstly the whole idea will never work without our fellow fans trust, and to help with this we must, must recruit some high profile people connected to the club to endorse it, manage it and ultimately make sure that it is what it says it is.

The ideal recruits being

Gordon Smith

Walter Smith

Richard Gough

Graeme Souness

Donald Findlay

Ally McCoist

Please if any posters know any of the above, or contacts that can get us 5 minutes with the above, please let me know ASAP

And anyone of that ilk, that the fans can relate too as being in the best interests of the club.

STEP 2 – Setting Up A Trust Fund

A completely independent trust needs to be set up by legal firms connected to this area that need multi-signatures for monetary use of which will be the figureheads previously mentioned and elected people on behalf of the membership, the idea (if legally allowed) will be that the money either is transferred directly into the official Rangers FC bank account on completion of the takeover or they will be returned back to each individual via the method they paid their membership, and we would hope that these 2 options w ve a 100% guarantee that every fan will receive a total refund should the takeover be unsuccessful as part of the membership rules.

Of the millions of Rangers fans our minimum target of 500,000 is to ensure a debt clearance figure of £50M going into the Rangers FC official accounts on day 1.

If every person that went to Manchester for the Uefa cup final in 2008 bought 2 memberships at a total cost of £200 then it would be target achieved.

STEP 3 – Total Debt Clearance

Upon the success of the takeover the first and immediate action is to pay all bona fide debts and outstanding monies owed by Rangers FC including HMRC, Ticketus, and deferred transfer fee’s and any money owed to the playing and management staff.

Then we will be immediately taken out of administration

Any amount left over will then be left in the Rangers accounts for work on the stadium that is required.

On the secondary figure of £10 Per Month, this again will be worked either into the trust fund or directly into the accounts of Rangers FC, the target figure for this is £5M, this money will be used for the day to day running costs that the club incurs, which we estimate to be around £3M Per Month, the remaining amount Per Month will be used to offset the transfer budget that the manager will receive as a transfer fund, allowing them to recruit the best quality players and not bargain basement gambles, this amount will be voted for by each and every member and the majority figure will be the set transfer fee for that season, there will be allotments for special circumstances of additional funds if approved by the membership on a majority vote, all income that the club generates on a yearly basis will also be left in the Rangers FC club accounts for future needs.

The aim being once the club is back on an even keel and with a healthy balance their will is an option to return the memberships original one off payments of £100, while still retaining their ownership of the membership and vote.

STEP 4 – The Running of the Club

All members will be given options of applications to the board and will be asked to vote for their choice in all director positions, recommendations will be welcome but the majority vote will rule, our target would be that Gordon Smith be approached for the role of Chief Executive, but the members will all get the final say, all board members and directors will have to be fairly elected by the membership and will be asked for a detailed explanation of their credentials to move the club forward before being voted on, these positions we feel must be filled with the correct people.

These positions will run as normal and the candidates will be expected to perform their duties with their own vision, they will only be answerable to the members on the pre determined rules such as transfer budgets etc, all day to day running of the club will be down to the people in their accountable position.

The manager will have full control of all football aspects and the relationship with the C.E.O will be that of a normal football club operation.

STEP 5 – The Media and PRThe membership will be seeking a clear and public defence of the club to all media stories that are biased/untrue or deliberately negative towards either the club or the Rangers support, the membership will be asked to vote on a zero tolerance policy regarding the Scottish Media in general, this will involve the removal of press passes/privileges to those who continue to beat this drum and if need be a blanket ban on certain organisations until a level playing field is adhered too, certain media people will be banned for life from Ibrox Stadium and we will work with the other clubs asking for them to banned temporarily from the stadiums we visit for games, zero tolerance on all media with an anti Rangers agenda.

We would like to revolutionise the other side of the media and bring in a much more customer friendly website for all our overseas subscribers to offer them a live match day experience from their living room.

This function will also be made available for the UK fans that cannot make the stadium on match days

The will be a nominal fee for all subscribers, although we are looking at an option of vote holders having full free access to the site as a perk of being a member.

We will also like to make all press releases where possible on all our Rangers outlets before going to a mainstream media site.

We would like to invoke regular contract reviews for all non playing staff, to allow us to keep our feet on the pulse, the club will no longer accept under performing in key positions, these will allow us to extend contracts on a regular basis for the best performing staff and will also allow us (where legal) to terminate contracts during this period without big payouts for staff who badly under perform in their roles.

STEP 6 – Sponsorships/Dual Affiliates

We will seek an early vote from all members on the topic of our association with our rivals from the east end, during this unfortunate episode they have shown their utter contempt for us as a club and us as fans and we will be giving the membership the opportunity to remove all joint sponsorships with them and even having no sponsor at all due to the unique funding by the fans, allowing us to do our own thing.

We would also like the members to vote on whether they would like to see us refuse the next television deal and source our own income from screening our own games live through our website and TV channel, as we would have to remember that a lot of people believe that Scottish football doesn’t need Rangers, we would like to now give that option an outing.

As a membership they will also be asked from time to time whether we as a club should take certain away ticket allocations due to the treatment of Rangers fans by these certain clubs, again all these points will be voted for by the member fans and the majority vote will count as the decision to be taken.

STEP 7 – Merchandising

We would plan to revolutionise our merchandising profile worldwide, a number of matters will be put before the members vote, such as a Rangers stores reopened in key strategical places such as Glasgow airport, Glasgow City Centre, Edinburgh and other places with a large Rangers fan base outside of Scotland, we would also like to capitalise on all our overseas support with special offers for overseas delivery so that our worldwide fans can buy through the club and keep the money in-house.

STEP 8 – Mobile Fan Liaison Unit

We would like to introduce a Mobile fan Liaison Unit, which will be a specially adapted vehicle/coach that will be at all away games domestic and foreign, and also a static one at some point around the stadium, this until will allow fans to interact with the club, put forward ideas on taking the club forward, see what is happening behind the scenes and generally giving out information that will be useful to the members and also and advice needed on all club matters, including up and coming games, there would also be options to recruit new members, the bigger the membership the smaller the membership fee.

STEP 9 – The Renaming of Facilities and Stands

Immediately the members would be asked to vote on whether to continue with the name Murray Park or for it to be renamed either a neutral name or that of a prominent former club employee/player.

In recognition for the effect the great Bill Struth had on the club it is only right that he has a stand named after him, we would ask the member if they would like to keep the remaining 3 supporters areas as they are or incorporate more of our great legends in the modern era, such as Walter Smith, the late great Davie Cooper etc, members will be entitled to put names forward and then the most popular can be voted on.

STEP 10 – Member benefits

The whole concept is about the well being of the club first and foremost but it is also about the fans becoming part of the whole club ethos and being reminded that they are important that they are appreciated, so we would like to propose a few special benefits purely for those members who paid their money to keep the club alive.

Small discounts on all club merchandise bought from the club shop or officially endorsed outlets or free delivery.

Discounts on Season Tickets

Discounts on match day tickets

Discounts on hospitality

Half price on food and beverages

A non profit travel club for flights, hotels and insurance for all travelling bears, with a view to keeping them all as close together as possible.

We would also like to set up a free VIP day at Auchenhowie, with the chance to meet some of the players, once or twice a season, as a thank you for saving the club.

We would like to also offer over the course of a couple seasons each member to enjoy a VIP day at Ibrox on match days.

Where possible all unsold, unallocated VIP/Hospitality will be offered as a free upgrade to members on a purely random selection, maximising all areas of the stadium.

If the membership can provide more than required to run the club and the purchasing of new players then we want to give back as much as possible to the fans.

If the fans can enjoy an experience far better than they have experienced before and recoup the outlay in other areas then surely this is win-win situation.

I believe this would catapult Rangers into the European big boy’s league with regular champion’s league football beyond Christmas year in, year out.

On the money side:

The only accounts that the money will be allowed to go into would be, the clubs official account or returned to the member who paid, and in the same manner they paid.

I would like to stress at this point, that all financial situations must be clear and concise and that we will the case, will clear details on a full refund should the takeover be unsuccessful, a no lose gamble as such.

LET'S GO GET OUR CLUB BACK!!!

If you have spoken to friends, mention it on the thread so we can add the numbers.

Confrimed friends interested =

Areas required for help - Hall of Fame

Online expertise - Simplythebestest/Waldo

Website building - Simplytrhebestest/Waldo

Website funding - Simplythebestest/Waldo

Social Media Mods - LeedsBear

Meeting Venues -

Printing needs -

Leaflet distribution -

Word of mouth -

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYONE, I have been talking to this guy, I think it is genius to think this boy has done all this himself, I think it is very viable, all he needs is a figurehead, and this will work.

IF YOU GET WALTER SMITH TO OPEN UP A BANK ACCOUNT, WE WILL PAY IN .....SIMPLE AS A TRUSTED FIGURE. NOT THE R.S.T OR DINGWALL N CREW, A PROPER RANGERS MAN WHO IS 100 % TRUSTED WITH OUR MONEY.

It is incredible Alex.

Rangers Media is ten times better than Follow Follow, I hope you get a fantastic reaction from this post and I defo will help u in anyway I possibly can.

I am so looking forward to reading the reaction to this......

WELL DONE AGAIN

EVERYONE, I have been talking to this guy, I think it is genius to think this boy has done all this himself, I think it is very viable, all he needs is a figurehead, and this will work.

IF YOU GET WALTER SMITH TO OPEN UP A BANK ACCOUNT, WE WILL PAY IN .....SIMPLE AS A TRUSTED FIGURE. NOT THE R.S.T OR DINGWALL N CREW, A PROPER RANGERS MAN WHO IS 100 % TRUSTED WITH OUR MONEY.

It is incredible Alex.

Rangers Media is ten times better than Follow Follow, I hope you get a fantastic reaction from this post and I defo will help u in anyway I possibly can.

I am so looking forward to reading the reaction to this......

WELL DONE AGAIN

Thanks mate, it is all my work, well mainly, the odd idea from here and there, but it's not just a plea for money, it's a working model we can use to run the club and has taken me a long time to put it together, the various benefits at the end sum up that for the £100 and £10 P.M the member will get so much more back, but the club will be safe and run with a healthy balance sheet and actual quality football players.

There was unamimous support from the people who saw it before on FF, but none from Dingwall or his pals, they completely ignored it.

That doesn't matter it's not aimed at them, it's aimed at the fans who love the club and want the best for the club.

i have also been working on a similar plan, i have not set it as much down on paper. just the basics. i have contacted duff and phelps but have not had any success in getting their attention yet.

if you need someone to help out and offer some suggestions i am your man.

i have also been working on a similar plan, i have not set it as much down on paper. just the basics. i have contacted duff and phelps but have not had any success in getting their attention yet.

if you need someone to help out and offer some suggestions i am your man.

The more the merrier mate, it's not about me, it's all about us, the fans, getting it done together.

Anything for our Rangers, I'm in and I know my mates would be too.

Good man, thats what we nees, the support of bears who are not computer literate, but can voice their approval and be ready for when we achieve step 1.

There are people working behind the scenes to get figureheads on board, once we do that, the rest will just fly and word of mouth will be relied on heavily.

Good man, thats what we nees, the support of bears who are not computer literate, but can voice their approval and be ready for when we achieve step 1.

There are people working behind the scenes to get figureheads on board, once we do that, the rest will just fly and word of mouth will be relied on heavily.

Word of mouth ,That's the best recomendation you can get mate .I'm going to copy that and get it e-mailed to my mates/family .( if I can manage that on the pc <cr> )

During my lunch hour over here, i teach some Brazilians English. They are from the Puerto Alegre area in the south of the country, and are all fans of either Gremio or Internacional. Now , one of the guys i taught yesterday was telling me that they have 110,000 supporters who pay money into the club each month; he himself pays the equivalent of 20 pounds each month. His English is a bit patchy so i am trying to find out more details from him ( i see him again next week) Does anyone know if this will be some form of fan ownership scheme? I questioned him about it but still not too sure. Btw, these guys all know about our plight and are saddened by it. When i told them how the scum from the east have been acting regarding matters, they were shocked, and couldn't believe that even your greatest rivals would behave in such a manner towards another football team. NO SURRENDER!

Another thing about fan ownership which makes it very attractive is the ability to invest in other companies to generate untold wealth with our fanbase as the consumer base.

As a (pretty extreme) example, right now I buy Warburtons bread and Grahams milk. If we had a stake in Hovis & Wisemans, I could change my brands knowing that a few percent goes back to Rangers. Think about the potential!!!

Would it be possible to pay 2 years subscription up front?

Yes mate, you can have as many subcritions as you wanted within reason, it would be easier to track monthly, but if it was an option you could do that too, whatever suits the fans, this is what it is all about

An excellent idea in principle. My only negative point is trying to get 500,000 to go with it or even 250,000 paying double. I think that is possibly a bit too optimistic. I see where you are coming from with most of the points. You may need to keep this at the forefront of Bear's Den all day to gauge support from a wider audience.