RangersFanOwnership Model

Would you join this concept?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Which would best describe your thoughts?

• No Thanks
    • Yes It's Brilliant
    • Yes £100 upfront
    • I Can Only afford £10 P.M
    • I would pay £100 + £10 P.M
    • I Know 5 others would would do both

somewhere around 12k not long ago.

Right thats not a lot of individual people at all is it.

So taken that into account, you would need a serious galvinisation of support for this. and quick.

Granted this offers alot more to fans than the pledge did, but my opinion is if you were willing to do this you would be more than willing to pledge some money to the club.

Dont want to put the idea down, because I think its great. But I think 500000 is very very optimistic.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can provide everything that is needed regarding the website for free. I can design, build and host the site on my dedicated server, but any assistance that other (professional and experienced) creatives can provide will be highly appreciated.

If you are going to get the support of international bears, we will need a reliable online base where people can give us their details for contact at a later date. We will also need a team of volunteers using social media and comments sections on websites spanning the world to reach every available bear. The last thing we want is 10,000 bears in Thailand who don't even know this exists.

Also, a catchy name and strong strapline will work wonders.

That is brilliant mate, i will PM you my email address and we can chat via email regarding getting a website set up then if we can do it for free, this will be a most crucial area of our plan.

Social media will be key in getting the message across, and we can have a Twitter account mirrored up to the website, Facebook also, this will be highly important, and a KEY thing to have ASAP mate

I keep using the strapline "the time is now" which i think is apt.

We had a few names for the model but a couple of us thought RangersFanOwnership was the best we had.

We are open to anyone giving us something catchy, all names will be considered

Brilliant mate, a most vital cog in this wheel, the internet will be a big tool

I know mate. just letting you know. by patron I really meant benefactor to cover set up costs.

I know mate, wealthy Gers fans is being contacted regaridng the model, hopefully they can lend us some much needed support.

Your help is appreciated bud, i remember your username from FF long ago bud.

So taken that into account, you would need a serious galvinisation of support for this. and quick.

Granted this offers alot more to fans than the pledge did, but my opinion is if you were willing to do this you would be more than willing to pledge some money to the club.

Dont want to put the idea down, because I think its great. But I think 500000 is very very optimistic.

Agree with your final point.

People can point towards Manchester as some sort of example but it doesn't wash for me. I would need to see actual evidence that you could generate anything close that amount of interest as well as some sort of real business plan first.

Expecting 500,000 fans is far too optimistic. I believe Benfica have the biggest membership numbers and they only have something like 160,000 members.

Personally speaking I think our support is too divided and splintered for something like this to work.

Does anyone know how many individual pledges there were on save rangers? Not the total value in cash, but how many people pledged money. Surely that could give us a rough estimate of how many people would be keen to go for this?

13,500 just over, although they claim to know which ones were timmy and which ones weren't.

People can point towards Manchester as some sort of example but it doesn't wash for me. I would need to see actual evidence that you could generate anything close that amount of interest as well as some sort of real business plan first.

Expecting 500,000 fans is far too optimistic. I believe Benfica have the biggest membership numbers and they only have something like 160,000 members.

Personally speaking I think our support is too divided and splintered for something like this to work.

If you use Manchester you have to take into account, Women. Children and under 18's that were there that day. Also part time Rangers fans who support the club when it suits them.

I agree that the support is currently divided, it might take somehting like this to unite us. I honestly think that we could attract, at a massive push 200000 indivdual investors. How much these people invested is another thing.

Edit. I am not saying woment wouldnt invest, but I am saying it would probably be a family investment if everyone in the family was a Blue nose.

I DONT THINK I HAVE SEEN SUCH AN IDEA, SO BACKED WITH THE FANS, Total united in the belief in this proposal, Honestly if a figurehead could agree to promote this and endorse it, I mean a PROPER BIG player like you have in your proposal, this idea will turn into Gold Immediately.

I Hope the SaveRangers people, give this plan an immediate backing also.

This idea, absolutely 100%, has to be joined at the hip with Save Rangers. There is no way these two movements can be in competition. There has to be 1 idea, 1 figurehead, 1 campaign name, 1 motto, 1 bank account.

If I had my way, it would be Alex's idea, Walter Smith figurehead & Save Rangers name/pledges.

I wouldn't think that is possible, Dingwall hasn't even came out with anything regarding what they want to do and a lot of people wont do it due to his participation IMHO.

Also i dont believe they are looking for fan ownership, just fan representation on the board (HIM) there is a lot i have heard about Mr Dingwall i dont like, there is a lot i know about him that i dont like, and i wouldnt trust him as far as i could throw him.

He is someone who definately is more interested in money and TV appearances than the actual Rangers problems.

While he has any kind of input at Saverangers i very much doubt he will want equality in anyway shape or form, he certainly works that way on FF, the RST since his involvement are heading the same way i am led to believe.

He will dupe a lot of supporters, but he wont dupe me, FFS i would rather have SDM back in charge than him, and i loathe SDM with a passion.

For the record i would have loved to have worked this with them, but it just wont happen.

Well done Alex,

Im in and know at least 3 others that will jump.

Remember there were around 4-5000 bears in Sydney just 18months ago supporting the Gers on tour. So i would suggest working with the dedicated international supporters clubs and they can deliver numbers from overseas bears?

Keep up the good work mate.

I think this idea is a sound plan,and will only work if activated asap.

Tje fact that the trust actovated saverangers put a lot of people off and i think a mixture of both plans would work with saverangers using Alex;s model.

Well done mate putting thos together.

I will show as many bears as i can this plan.

We need to spread the word and join up with the RST.RSA and all Associations .

Maybe fill Ibrox for a meeting using the big screens to show it and advertise the model.

We need to get a presentation going .

The head honchos of the RST were shown this model well BEFORE saverangers was launched and they failed to comment on it in any way shape or form, completely ignored it 100% and then up popped saverangers and in IMO it was rushed because they were desperate to get first dibbs on their "prey" us the fans.

The RST is not needed to make this successful and nor will they back it, this is for the fans, by the fans and the only people not interested in any concept like that has a clear agenda.

But we are working behind the scenes to get things moving, the thread is only 12 hours old man.

What we need is as many fans to get behind this as possible, the rank and file, the rest will then follow as it grows momentum.

To be in it from the beginning will be an almighty big piece of pride

People have to realise this will work and it can work, but step 1 is there for a reason and once step 1 is in swing, the meetings and places etc will start to happen very, very quickly

We already have been kindly offered a meeting venue in EK by 1 poster

You have to realise there is an awful lot of scepticism towards the RST from the fans due to in the 8 years of being around and taking membership money, what have they actually achieved? then there is a far wider suspicion of the motives of MD and his part in it.

They have been knocked back by every invitation from the whole first team squad, and also all the ex players they have approached, there has to be a reason.

There isnt a plan as of yet, and also it seems it is being set up for ran representation on the board and not fan ownership

These are 2 different models, this one is about us the fans, total ownership, even say, democratic votes.

Great work OP. I would deffo be in.What it needs is a big name to start pushing it. Get Walter involved .

We are blatantly trying to get that, as mentioned in the OP, but it is difficult trying to get contact into Walter.

He would be absolutely perfect as the face of this, if anyone knows him, drop me a message

Well done Alex,

Im in and know at least 3 others that will jump.

Remember there were around 4-5000 bears in Sydney just 18months ago supporting the Gers on tour. So i would suggest working with the dedicated international supporters clubs and they can deliver numbers from overseas bears?

Keep up the good work mate.

Yes mate, brilliant.

I would hope to work with Narsa and any of the groups like the UB and TBO on this, any guys from any of these please feel free to drop me a message or comment on the thread.

I appreciate you taking the time for your feedback on this, it isnt for everyone, i understand that, but people are just writing off numbers without any real basis, we will never know until we try, we have a bigger support than Benfica thats for sure, if they can generate 175,000 members then we can generate 250,000.

But we wont with the dire, negative defeatist Scottish attitude of och well, it wont work so no point trying.

All opinions are valid and appreciated, so thanks mate

We have Millions of fans worldwide, so i am not expecting them all to be for it.

I DONT THINK I HAVE SEEN SUCH AN IDEA, SO BACKED WITH THE FANS, Total united in the belief in this proposal, Honestly if a figurehead could agree to promote this and endorse it, I mean a PROPER BIG player like you have in your proposal, this idea will turn into Gold Immediately.

I Hope the SaveRangers people, give this plan an immediate backing also.

There will always be a few who wont support it, regardless of what it is, but that is just normal, you cant please all of the people all of the time as they say.

If the people we are trying to contact/have contacted today are of the same belief as the fans, then we are indeed ona winner.

I would hope they would too, if indeed we gather momentum, but my whole ethos with that was that it was chucked out in a hurry to corner the market and then give everyone the shoot down "do it through saverangers" etc, which is what we will get.

But how long are we going to have to wait? until media appearances have been rinsed? until the club is actually gone?

Weeks have gone by and instead of going in for the kill when the pledges were coming in like hotfire, they sat back and slapped backs and let it get cold.

I will say it again, for all the money received in membership fee and all the high press they have recieved, what exactly have they done for us, the fans?

The head honchos of the RST were shown this model well BEFORE saverangers was launched and they failed to comment on it in any way shape or form, completely ignored it 100% and then up popped saverangers and in IMO it was rushed because they were desperate to get first dibbs on their "prey" us the fans.

The RST is not needed to make this successful and nor will they back it, this is for the fans, by the fans and the only people not interested in any concept like that has a clear agenda.

But we are working behind the scenes to get things moving, the thread is only 12 hours old man.

What we need is as many fans to get behind this as possible, the rank and file, the rest will then follow as it grows momentum.

To be in it from the beginning will be an almighty big piece of pride

People have to realise this will work and it can work, but step 1 is there for a reason and once step 1 is in swing, the meetings and places etc will start to happen very, very quickly

We already have been kindly offered a meeting venue in EK by 1 poster

Excellent plan mate, and i dare say a full Ibrox tomorrow would be a great launching pad to get the word round,I have emailed all my Rangers mates and work colleagues

to spread your plan around 00000042.gif great work, time to act is now.

You have to realise there is an awful lot of scepticism towards the RST from the fans due to in the 8 years of being around and taking membership money, what have they actually achieved? then there is a far wider suspicion of the motives of MD and his part in it.

They have been knocked back by every invitation from the whole first team squad, and also all the ex players they have approached, there has to be a reason.

There isnt a plan as of yet, and also it seems it is being set up for ran representation on the board and not fan ownership

These are 2 different models, this one is about us the fans, total ownership, even say, democratic votes.

I agree with everything you have just said. My point is, the jump from 12k to 500k is a huge amount of people. I honestly dont think that 488k people didn't pledge because of the reasons you have stated. My opinion is that we could get about 200000 regular subscribers and the numbers should be built around a much lower minimum amount to allow breathing space.

I think your idea is fantastic btw and would love to see it off the ground, and any information you provide me/other fans with in terms of what we can do to help I am sure everyone would clambering to get involved. I just don't think those numbers are realistic.

Lets not get caught up in how many people join. The key is getting something started and this idea is excellent.

As for the SaveRangers, it is not a great yardstick for numbers at all. Many thought it was a waste of time as it was not a formal contribution. Secondly not every Rangers fan is online. For example I was the only person from my family and friends that registered however I could safely say that around 10 of this same group would contribute to this plan.

The main issue is getting something started and this is without doubt the best initiative I have seen. We need to be together and stick together.

Anyway....... here's to a full house and victory tomorrow! :21:

Lets not get caught up in how many people join. The key is getting something started and this idea is excellent.

Unfortunately this idea will only work with numbers behind it, so I am afraid it is vitally important to discuss and 'get caught up in' how many people join.

I am all for the idea, don't get me wrong. I think it is one of the most refreshing ideas I have seen in a long while and I acts get excited at the thought of it working. I just don't think those numbers are realistic.