RangersFanOwnership Model

Would you join this concept?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Which would best describe your thoughts?

• No Thanks
    • Yes It's Brilliant
    • Yes £100 upfront
    • I Can Only afford £10 P.M
    • I would pay £100 + £10 P.M
    • I Know 5 others would would do both

The upfront money is for clearing of the debts, they might be a lot less than we imagine/being led to believe, meaning we would need less numbers, or we might surprise everyone and hit 250,000 easily.

If Benfica can almost do that, we certainly can.

If everyone in Manchester bought 2.....

so many permutations, but you have to aim high in order to finish respectively

You misunderstood my question.

It'll cost a lot of money to set this thing up and run it. Who will pay for this? Will it come out of the £100 upfront donation?

Yeah half the folk that went to Manchester couldn't afford the trip down and had to cadge lifts. You cant just say if everyone that went to Manchester bought 2.

As I said I love the idea and have mooted it myself. It would need considerable funding to set up before the £100 + £10

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously

The money will be used for a takeover, to own the club, or the money will be returned in full.

good. you need to get at least a cva in place and in truth you would be better awaiting liquidation.

you won't get 500k either. but good luck I would certainly contribute.

You misunderstood my question.

It'll cost a lot of money to set this thing up and run it. Who will pay for this? Will it come out of the £100 upfront donation?

Yeah half the folk that went to Manchester couldn't afford the trip down and had to cadge lifts. You cant just say if everyone that went to Manchester bought 2.

As I said I love the idea and have mooted it myself. It would need considerable funding to set up before the £100 + £10

The Manchester thing is an example, add in the millions of bears around the world that were revved up for it and you will see that 250,000 isn't blindly aiming too high IMO.

We will hope to get help here and there, with website costs etc, and try and cover any expenses, maybe donations will be able to come in to help it, also there would hopefully be interest earned on the money to cover any expenses i would hope that anyone who puts money in will receive it back at some point.

Again if all thise in favour donated £1 that surely would cover most costs?

good. you need to get at least a cva in place and in truth you would be better awaiting liquidation.

you won't get 500k either. but good luck I would certainly contribute.

All we need are bears on here to contribute and get their friends to join too, then their friends to join and suddenly it will snowball.

Which is why we are targeting the figureheads first, that is underway.

The Manchester thing is an example, add in the millions of bears around the world that were revved up for it and you will see that 250,000 isn't blindly aiming too high IMO.

We will hope to get help here and there, with website costs etc, and try and cover any expenses, maybe donations will be able to come in to help it, also there would hopefully be interest earned on the money to cover any expenses i would hope that anyone who puts money in will receive it back at some point.

you need a patron ideally.

I can provide everything that is needed regarding the website for free. I can design, build and host the site on my dedicated server, but any assistance that other (professional and experienced) creatives can provide will be highly appreciated.

If you are going to get the support of international bears, we will need a reliable online base where people can give us their details for contact at a later date. We will also need a team of volunteers using social media and comments sections on websites spanning the world to reach every available bear. The last thing we want is 10,000 bears in Thailand who don't even know this exists.

Also, a catchy name and strong strapline will work wonders.

500,000 fans is unrealistic sorry.

I do like certain parts of idea though. I still think my idea is the way forward, members bought yearly at £100, and IMO 50,000 is a more realistic figure to start off with.

I do like certain parts of idea though. I still think my idea is the way forward, members bought yearly at £100, and IMO 50,000 is a more realistic figure to start off with.

YOUR idea doesn't matter. It could be the best idea in the world but unless you flesh it out in the detail Alex has and do all you can to drum up the required support, the only thing you will achieve is dividing the support. Just give us yer hundred quid, shut yer yap and see if it works out.

Not trying to a dick, just frustrated :craphead:

Does anyone know how many individual pledges there were on save rangers? Not the total value in cash, but how many people pledged money. Surely that could give us a rough estimate of how many people would be keen to go for this?

This idea, absolutely 100%, has to be joined at the hip with Save Rangers. There is no way these two movements can be in competition. There has to be 1 idea, 1 figurehead, 1 campaign name, 1 motto, 1 bank account.

If I had my way, it would be Alex's idea, Walter Smith figurehead & Save Rangers name/pledges.

Does anyone know how many individual pledges there were on save rangers? Not the total value in cash, but how many people pledged money. Surely that could give us a rough estimate of how many people would be keen to go for this?

somewhere around 12k not long ago.

I think this idea is a sound plan,and will only work if activated asap.

Tje fact that the trust actovated saverangers put a lot of people off and i think a mixture of both plans would work with saverangers using Alex;s model.

Well done mate putting thos together.

I will show as many bears as i can this plan.

We need to spread the word and join up with the RST.RSA and all Associations .

Maybe fill Ibrox for a meeting using the big screens to show it and advertise the model.

We need to get a presentation going .