RangersFanOwnership Model

Would you join this concept?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Which would best describe your thoughts?

• No Thanks
    • Yes It's Brilliant
    • Yes £100 upfront
    • I Can Only afford £10 P.M
    • I would pay £100 + £10 P.M
    • I Know 5 others would would do both

Well how many of us know Selik fans that claim to have bought £1000 worth of shares away back when because they wanted tae save their club and the other week i had it shoved in ma face that they showed back then how big a club they were by showing the biggest show of loyalty ever for a British club - blah blah blah. Same as aw they provi cheques that got cashed so they could go to Seville.

7 years investment on this scheme would equate to that £1000 ! a far better idea if you ask me. German & Dutch models have to be looked at. We're so far behind them in footballing terms as it is let's get the jump on most british clubs and start the revolution of fans ownership !

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get this rolling as soon as you cam get some high profile names i am sure this plan can grow legs.

This can work with correct high profile backing.

We cant wait in so called businesd men they are only interested in getting their investment back.

I wouldnt trust any of them and we the fans need

to move on this plan.

Brilliant idea, hope it takes off. I liuve in West Yorkshire so if there is anything I can do down here regarding leaflet distribution, etc just let me know

Cheers mate,any helpwould be appreciated.

Hopefully we will be able to reach out to the various RSC's and Rangers Pubs on BNB.com, but having people to actually explain it in person would be ideal especially with the amount of active bears in Yorks, most notably from my experience the Sheffield and District and the Harrogate bus.

Ideally i want to set up Areas/Disctricts everywhere we we have at least 1 person to keep the ball rolling and be a live person of contact.

Brill mate

It's cool, hopefully we can all get on the same page and make a plan like this work. :cheers:

That is the plan

Today certain people of high profile/Wealth have either been already approached or will be approached regarding this.

Luckily the contacts go betweens love this idea.

Sowe are at least hopeful.

Has a serious scheme ever been proposed or launched?

I just think it'd be easier if it was set at 5,000 people with a minimum £5,000 target subscription. It doesn't have to be capped in terms of numbers.

I think your number of 500,000 is way beyond optimistic. 100,000 would be optimistic and likely nearer 50,000 if you were lucky.

In an ideal world we'd have 100,000 joining for £500 each and then annual subs after that of £50 or so but I just don't see it happening at that level of numbers. It's very easy to over estimate how much Rangers really mean to people. Especially to people like us who spend our time obsessing about the club. For the majority I think it's more of a casual thing in their life.

Well we know know until we try mate, that is all we can do

Which do you think is easier to find 1 bear with £5,000 spare in their bank or 500 bears with £100 spare?

The numbers, again are a figure that some people think are achievable and some that dont, either way nobody can say for certain that it is or isn't possible untilwe go for it.

We might be pleasantly surprised or sadly knowing, but if we dont try what is the point of us existing?

As far as i am aware it was mooted and discussed with 'prominent' posters on the board and looked at, but for whatever reason they didnt get the numbers they needed.

I would suggest that is the case because Mr Dingwall will know how many bears have pedged 5k or above in the 13,500 pledges, i would assume if there was 5,000 of them, that idea would then be used.

I dont see it, but like i've said many times, if 5000 bears come up with £5000 each then they will get my full support.

fair enough m8 and i apologise for posting the full plan. but like i said mine was only down as something to pass the time. i was not trying to hijack your thread or get support for the plan i posted.

good luck and i hope it works as the idea is a very good one

Like i said right at the very beginning, you have some good ideas, but the need for a meeting was not essential this early, but once we get some feedback from the people we are trying to get in touch with to back it, then we will know and be ready for meetings, where other idea's can be implemented.

Single good ideas from you will be welcome, but the whole thing is just overload, IMO.

But any good ideas that improve this idea will be warmly welcomed from you mate

Well we know know until we try mate, that is all we can do

Which do you think is easier to find 1 bear with £5,000 spare in their bank or 500 bears with £100 spare?

The numbers, again are a figure that some people think are achievable and some that dont, either way nobody can say for certain that it is or isn't possible untilwe go for it.

We might be pleasantly surprised or sadly knowing, but if we dont try what is the point of us existing?

As far as i am aware it was mooted and discussed with 'prominent' posters on the board and looked at, but for whatever reason they didnt get the numbers they needed.

I would suggest that is the case because Mr Dingwall will know how many bears have pedged 5k or above in the 13,500 pledges, i would assume if there was 5,000 of them, that idea would then be used.

I dont see it, but like i've said many times, if 5000 bears come up with £5000 each then they will get my full support.

The thing is, 500 bears paying £100 = £5,000

1 bear paying £5,000 is easier to find in my view.

I honestly think it's a struggle getting non-match attenders to part with their cash.

I'm very pro the model and wish you well. The skill will be setting the target total, individual amount and then hitting the projections.

Fantastic idea and if it comes to fruition then I'm all for it, I'd be honoured to help my club out.

My fear is that these types of things, although probably not as thought out as this, have been done in the past and nothing has come of it. I hope for you and for our club that this can take off and this becomes a serious investment and not just talk on a internet forum.

The only way this scheme would work would be for to have a huge name who pumped who had capital available(or the means to have it available) but didnt take majority holding. You would need a circa £15m overdraft as income is volatile across the year meaning you will find yourselves overdrawn in certain months, especially if the fans income is dripping inwardly.

At best, i reckon 40,000 at £20 per month would make up the £10m shortfall per year, though dont understimate just how difficult it would be to get 40,000 agreeing to £20 per month, not withstanding anything like redundancies or people falling on bad times(how do you replace their £20 per month when they cant afford it)

Start looking at that kind of model and you would get somewhere......but there has to be a 30-49% guy or guys who have access to the right people and investment. (tu)

When have we said anything to the contrary?

I welcome any good debate and ideas, but we have clearly stated for it to work we need figureheads and it is clearly stated as Step 1, so this is not a point of debate or idea IMO because it is already widely acknowledged and being addressed.

As stated many, many times the figures are not set in stone, it is the base for a working model, the vehicle itself, which are the points in the OP are what are the main reason people will either pay the money or not.

40,000 is as reasonable as 250,000, it is equally as lowballing as the 500,00 is over predicting.

I would rather aim for the stars and finish half way than lowball and get hardly anywhere.

The numbers are uncontrollable and nobody knows anything yet regards those

The model that fans can buy into

The people the fans can buy into

The say the fan will have

The state of the club

these are the things that it will live and die by

Well how many of us know Selik fans that claim to have bought £1000 worth of shares away back when because they wanted tae save their club and the other week i had it shoved in ma face that they showed back then how big a club they were by showing the biggest show of loyalty ever for a British club - blah blah blah. Same as aw they provi cheques that got cashed so they could go to Seville.

7 years investment on this scheme would equate to that £1000 ! a far better idea if you ask me. German & Dutch models have to be looked at. We're so far behind them in footballing terms as it is let's get the jump on most british clubs and start the revolution of fans ownership !

Those are the kinds of ideas we want to implement, the best ideas and be ahead of the game.

There could be certain parts of the Hamburg model we could look at, but in fairness their results on the pitch are not that great.

Which is paramount to any model, on the park the team needs to win and be successful, granted it will be easier for us to win that it will be for Hamburg and Ajax but, no stone will be left unturned and no good idea would be refused to be looked at by the members to vote.

At the end of the day it wouldn't really matter what individuals think, the majority vote would be final.

Lets get this rolling as soon as you cam get some high profile names i am sure this plan can grow legs.

This can work with correct high profile backing.

We cant wait in so called businesd men they are only interested in getting their investment back.

I wouldnt trust any of them and we the fans need

to move on this plan.

The wheels are in motion.

We would call for anyone with contacts to get in touch and we can talk about putting our ideas to ex players etc

The thing is, 500 bears paying £100 = £5,000

1 bear paying £5,000 is easier to find in my view.

I honestly think it's a struggle getting non-match attenders to part with their cash.

I'm very pro the model and wish you well. The skill will be setting the target total, individual amount and then hitting the projections.

The target would be the aim, regardless of how many memberships it took, some people might want a 1000 we just dont know.

We are really on debating the numbers, so in that respect, its a good thing.

If the numbers were all we had to worry about i would be more than positive.

Fantastic idea and if it comes to fruition then I'm all for it, I'd be honoured to help my club out.

My fear is that these types of things, although probably not as thought out as this, have been done in the past and nothing has come of it. I hope for you and for our club that this can take off and this becomes a serious investment and not just talk on a internet forum.

To be quite honest with you mate, i have much better things to do with my time than spend large chunks of it dealing with Emails,Tweets and messages regading this that and the other.

We have enthusiastic people working hard to get this infront of the right people, it takes just one and all the doors to the others open.

We are hopeful we can get it moving quickly, as we have things in place to take it on to the next level of getting the numbers.

this is the most possitive thing i have seen on here for months . great idea . im in .

Thanks mate, that is what we need, support and for supportive bears to let people know we are desperately working hard to get to these contacts and that if they like the idea, give us their support too, then they can pass it on to their friends and so on.

Before we know it we are snowballing towards our goal.

Imagine if we could all own a tiny piece of Rangers in our family history and secure the clubs future

2012 could be the year for 4 more men to have a dream.

2012 could be the year we realise we are the massive loyal fans we claim or it could the year that we are not loyal we claim to be

I know which one i believe in and i know which one could become reality

Both the first

4 men had a dream......

I was a wee but sceptical about fans owning rangers with how it would work and how much I would be expected to pay. But when I see the way you've set it out I think it's very much possible. Well done. This is the way forward for our club 100%.

I was a wee but sceptical about fans owning rangers with how it would work and how much I would be expected to pay. But when I see the way you've set it out I think it's very much possible. Well done. This is the way forward for our club 100%.

Thanks for the support mate, we believe this will safeguard the future of the club and be a good model to base the running of the club from here on in in a forward thinking manner.

Brilliant idea, I would pay. Something like this needs to happen fast cause it's not looking good for us at the moment.

Nobody is working harder than us to get this moving as quickly as we can.

A very good Online presence is going to be key too (thanks to Leeds Bear) and also (Simplythebestest has offered to help with that side.

We are trying to move it on quickly mate, we know time is against us

Count me in. Someone has to do something and this looks like a great idea if it takes off. Here's hoping someone high profile will step up to the plate and be the figurehead.

(tu)