After the storm

iain1712

When this is all finally consigned to the history books And we are out of admin with a cva or a new company entirely,

who would you all rather have in charge of the rangers football club ?

for my tuppence worth I don't want anybody who has any previous attachment with the boardroom.

As well as rebuilding the footballing side of our club we have a long way to go in repairing our image and reputation and I feel a clean slate is needed here as well.

Want is now overridden by need. Ideally I would agree no one assisiated withe old board but to be honest if no one of that ilk steps up what are the alternatives?

I struggle to know how we will possibly change hands with the big case still outstanding.

Prince Andrew. He served in the Forces; and has many wealthy friends and contacts, including people in the Middle East!!

Failing which, a safe group of 'elders' with strong ties to the Club.

Whilst I would welcome sponsorship and donation from foreign sources; I would be very concerned if the Club was owned by someone with limited care for the Club; and/or only a passing fancy for football. I mean, look at the state Hearts are in! And Portsmouth are in an even worse state, stumbling from administration to crisis and back to administration.

Prince Andrew. He served in the Forces; and has many wealthy friends and contacts, including people in the Middle East!!

Failing which, a safe group of 'elders' with strong ties to the Club.

Whilst I would welcome sponsorship and donation from foreign sources; I would be very concerned if the Club was owned by someone with limited care for the Club; and/or only a passing fancy for football. I mean, look at the state Hearts are in! And Portsmouth are in an even worse state, stumbling from administration to crisis and back to administration.

There must be several ex-players/managers who've got a few bob who could be invited into any consortium and subsequently on to the new board. These guys would be valuable more for their profile as for their money: Walter, Souness even Ally I'm sure each of these could invest £1M as junior partners of a consortium but their input as Rangers legends would give both credibility and continuity.

a proper rangers man with the clubs tradition and values at heart. Walter would be my pick aswell to have some kind of roll within the club as director of football or such. He knows what it means to be a ranger.

it's also time for the fans groups to look to have some sort of role, i like the idea of having a shareholding set aside to be owned by a supporters membership group, where the memebers who pay a yearly fee in return get certain priveledges, including being able to vote on a fellow member onto the board. For example if every year a few 'members' puts themselves forward to the other memebers as to why they think they should be a board memember, make a pitch, get the CV out. The mebers then vote - and he with most votes represents the members groups shareholding and has a say in the running of things. It would be a direct link from the clubs to fans and maybe then we would have a fuckin voice for change rather than sitting back and taking it when we get shafted left right and center.