Singing

CoinFollower

I'm of the view, more could be done to improve the singing at Ibrox; to inspire the team, and create a wall of noise to intimidate the opposition (and aid match officials get those difficult decisions right and in our favour).

TBB was our signature tune to do this; and I remain mucho annoyed that Septic have managed to get this banned by UEFA.

I'm especially annoyed that our lawyers have not succeeded in getting UEFA acceptance of a modest change in words to address any reasonable concerns they may have.

Given the patent progress in the Northern Irish peace process, I have no real objections to refreshing and modernising TBB; to make it less offensive, and thereby protect our heritage and our right to freedom of speech and expression.

With the imminent change in Club owner, I'd like to see this idea resurrected. To make TBB historically accurate, and thereby beyond criticism, I propose the following changes:

1 - change 'Fenion blood' to 'the River Boyne'; thereby recording the valiant crossing of the Boyne by Williamite forces; whilst under heavy Jacobite fire.

2 - change 'Brigton Derry Boys' to 'Starving Derry Boys'; in memory of the circa 8000 ulster-scots who perished during the 1689 siege.

The foregoing could take take months, if not years, pending which I propose the fans need to settle on a temporary and alternative signature song. My proposals for this (comment and debate welcome), include:

A - church hymns which are beyond reproach, yet because of their religious nature would have Septic rabid with rage, such as:

- God Save the Queen.

- Will your anchor hold in the storms of life.

- Amazing Grace.

- The Lord is my Shepherd.

Alternatively, and picking up from the historical fact that within 30 years of the siege of Derry many Ulster-Scots had emigrated to the Americas and became central in the fight against aboriginal americians, the American declaration of independence, the confederate forces etc; we could adopt as a signature tune a country or western style song such as:

- Ghostriders in the Sky

All in all - what's your thoughts? To distinguish genuine bears from Septic infiltrators; if you disagree, please specify why, and preferably provide your own constructive / alternative proposals.

No offence was intended in the penning of this 'freedom of speech' article.

Alternatively, and picking up from the historical fact that within 30 years of the siege of Derry many Ulster-Scots had emigrated to the Americas and became central in the fight against aboriginal americians, the American declaration of independence, the confederate forces etc; we could adopt as a signature tune a country or western style song such as:

- Ghostriders in the Sky

It started back in 72, those gallant pioneers

And even to this present day, we still hear the cheers

When all at once a mighty herd of True Bears sing our songs

To celebrate the greatest team..... that ever was born

The famous Glasgow Rangers, we’re Europes number one

The blue and white of Glasgow will never be outshone

A bolt of fear goes through each team as they take the park

Theyre up against the Rangers, things are gonna get dark

Yippie yi Ohhhhh

Yippie yi yaaaaay

Am Rangers, till I die

Their faces flushed, their eyes are blurred, their shirts all soaked with sweat

To play for Glasgow Rangers, you have to be the best

Second place is not enough, when you wear the Royal blue

Moses Peter Bill and Tom, your legacy stands true

Yippie yi Ohhhhh

Yippie yi yaaaaay

Am Rangers, till I die

Am Rangers, till i die

Am Rangers, till I die

Blue is the colour

Rangers is the name

We all sing together

And winning is our aim

So cheer on the Teddies through the sun and rain

We dont do walk ing away

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na

Na Na Na Na Na

:D

I love the idea of the whole of Ibrox rocking from side to side to that second one.

Sorry but Church Hymns have no place in a volatile football enviroment. They should be sung in Church only.

No matter how how much you batter on with your religious stuff, I dont think you'll convert many on here.

TheAlukoMan's idea's were brilliant. I'd love to hear these belted out at Ibrox to create the intimidating wall of noise we all want.

Question, if we were to settle on these, how do we organise it moving forward? Ideally the Club would pump out the music pre-match; with a statement and the words pre published including the programme and fanzines.

90 minutes plus 'wall of noise' only will do!!

TheAlukoMan's idea's were brilliant. I'd love to hear these belted out at Ibrox to create the intimidating wall of noise we all want.

Question, if we were to settle on these, how do we organise it moving forward? Ideally the Club would pump out the music pre-match; with a statement and the words pre published including the programme and fanzines.

90 minutes plus 'wall of noise' only will do!!

Ive posted them quite a few times and someone was supposed to send them to the Union Bears and TBO but not sure it ever happened.

If we sung the second one for 90 minutes v Sellic and showed our defiance irrespective of what was going on, then i think it would send a message not only to them, but to our players, our management, our administrators, our creditors and our prospective buyers. (tu)

Sorry but Church Hymns have no place in a volatile football enviroment. They should be sung in Church only.

No matter how how much you batter on with your religious stuff, I dont think you'll convert many on here.

Follow, Follow was a hymn....

I find the accusations if being a Septic infiltrator bizarre.

They are absolutely incorrect, however, as Timothy is always watching, I need to be careful in what proofs I give.

I'm hoping this just site banter and not a serious attack on my good standing in the community!!

Here's an attempt at proof though: I've seen Rangers lift all three domestic trophies; and by that I mean I've been at the game.

I was also at the game where we lifted the cup winners cup, but I was not in Barcalona. Where was I and what wad the game? Many genuine Teddy Bears won't even know the answer, because if you weren't at the game, you wouldn't know.

WATP

As further proof:

I attend church today with my family earlier today. No holy water in sight. No bead rattling.

During the Lord's Prayer - we all asked for forgiven of debt as we forgive our debtors.

No offence was intend by this post.

C'mon the Famous

As further proof:

I attend church today with my family earlier today. No holy water in sight. No bead rattling.

During the Lord's Prayer - we all asked for forgiven of debt as we forgive our debtors.

C'mon the Famous

i hope the lord heard your prayers and smites down on the HMRC

As further proof:

C'mon the Famous

Up to our knees in fenian blood. Only way ever.

So long as you also forgo your right to complain when we are eventually docked points for singing it.Although,in my experience, those who have been shouting the loudest to have it reinstated, are also the first to complain when it leads to sanctions against the club.

Nevermind the 1600s and orange history...we are a FOOTBALL club. WE are here to sing songs abour our team and about Rangers not about Billy Boys andall that rubbish.

Its in the PAST...Move on. You bring the good name of this club down and have contributed to the banning of away fans and fines from UEFA.

Sing decent songs and we might get somewhere.

This country is so far behind times its unbelievable

Nevermind the 1600s and orange history...we are a FOOTBALL club. WE are here to sing songs abour our team and about Rangers not about Billy Boys andall that rubbish.

Its in the PAST...Move on. You bring the good name of this club down and have contributed to the banning of away fans and fines from UEFA.

Sing decent songs and we might get somewhere.

This country is so far behind times its unbelievable

The 1600s were one of the most important periods in our country's history. Who the fuck are you to tell anyone to "nevermind"?

Whether you like it or not, the Orange Order and other organisations have been a part of the lives of many of our fans. Live with it.

Decent songs? Fuck me gently.