John Fleck

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a real shame given that he seemed to have the assets to be a strong, powerful, direct forward, but I am not sure if the ability wasn't what we thought, the desire wasn't there, the workrate wasn't there, or if he just lacks the self-belief. I honestly believe that in only a few weeks we have seen more potential to do serious damage from Salim Kerkar, than in years of hoping with Fleck. Other younger players like Little, Hutton, Ness and even Kane Hemmings seem more likely to be part of our future than John Fleck.

He is over-rated, he looked good for a couple of games, then was called the next rooney etc which was rediculous. I think some fans actually believed that guff, anyway, he has been pretty much shite since. so i don't really see him as one for the future anymore. i think he'll leave us and end up having a shit career down south.

Did you get this from a forum or something mate? If so can you link us?

Hi. I work near the ground and work / drink with loads of Pool fans. Was on a leaving do last night and so got talking to plenty of Pool fans just back from Peterborough.So, apologies, but's its anecdotal; albeit from a relatively sizeable sample.

Flecks problem is hes an arrogant we shyte who management dont like especially mcoist dont forgey they have all ready had there run ins cpl seasons ago due to fleck thinking hes to big for his boots

Hes not a machine, hes a wee boy from Glasgow, barely out of puberty, thrown away to another country in a strange town and strange team and asked to go in and make an immediate impact. It was never going to happen. This is his home and under the right coaches he will be a useful Rangers player. I sincerely hopes he gets his chance here. It will be one hell of a wasted talent if we force him out like we have other footballers.

He is over-rated, he looked good for a couple of games, then was called the next rooney etc which was rediculous. I think some fans actually believed that guff, anyway, he has been pretty much shite since. so i don't really see him as one for the future anymore. i think he'll leave us and end up having a shit career down south.

(tu)

Took the words out my mouth, if he was any good he would still with us!

(tu)

Took the words out my mouth, if he was any good he would still with us!

Charlie Adam was the same, I'm pretty sure he was good enough for Rangers.

Fleck is only 20, Ferguson was the same age when he just came through. Too much expectation piled on top of lack of playing time is Flecks problem.

To say he will not be good enough is crazy imo given his young age.

Flecks problem is hes an arrogant we shyte who management dont like especially mcoist dont forgey they have all ready had there run ins cpl seasons ago due to fleck thinking hes to big for his boots

I know for a fact you don't know what you are talking about. In fact, I know he is popular at Rangers. Arrogant: do you even know him to say that? Unlike you and I, he has had to do his growing up not in the public glare; so if he has found that hard to navigate at times then that is no real problem in his character.

Fleck is only 20, Ferguson was the same age when he just came through. Too much expectation piled on top of lack of playing time is Flecks problem.

Spot on, the only reply this thread needs. The rest is just out and out stupidity from people writing him off. I can only imagine what their motives are for that.

Charlie Adam was great but so many people on here hated him and look where he is now!

(tu)

Yip I would agree with you 100% but not with this guy

He is a kid who has not had any real run of games or any real chance to prove his worth. Right player, right club, wrong era.

I honestly think that he is not a good footballer, not once in any of the games has he done something that marks him out as a potentially great player, Aluko has shown is his short spell at Ibrox that he has "it" Fleck imo has not, its not his fault he was megahyped as a kid though.

I honestly think that he is not a good footballer, not once in any of the games has he done something that marks him out as a potentially great player, Aluko has shown is his short spell at Ibrox that he has "it" Fleck imo has not, its not his fault he was megahyped as a kid though.

There must have been a reason he was megahyped as you put it. He obviously showed pieces of magic or skill which the ordinary footballer didnt. The comparison with Aluko is unfair i think. Few years difference in age and maturity and Aluko has also got over 100 first team games under his belt.