Blue Knights being Named

MCLACHLAN1

Which part of "business plan" don't you understand? Frankie is correct in what he says, because no matter how much money you throw at a project,if you haven't got a sound long term busineass plan, then you are just throwing good money away if sometrhing goes amiss and things don't turn out right...just ask SDM :pipe:

Of course capital is important, but it's virtually wasted if not utilised properly.

Already answered on post above.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Murdoch , John Bennett and Douglas Parks being added to Blue Knights line up with more to follow apparently

Can anyone give me an idea who these folks are and what kinda money they have?

Thanks

dougie park should be no surprise to anyone on here.

The Next Owners have to spend money on the club.

Their own money they bring in . We need a lot of money.

Ideas are of course of importance.

Fox tv dealForeign club tie ins

These Were all good ideas.. Nothing came of it but good ideas nonetheless

New owners with no pot to piss in would be pointless.

You do know we would need to spilt any money from fox 12 ways if we did a deal with them.

whilst i couldn't care less if they throw tens of millions at the club or run it well so they don't have to, my main concern would be who has the biggest voice out of them all and if they are all even then it could lead to some massive bickerings when it comes to major decisions regarding our club

If they're not putting in millions each they can't generate enough to pay off the creditors, even if a low CVA payment is agreed.

Each passing day makes TBK bid look shallower and shallower.

I wasn't keen to start with but now I wouldn't want them near us. I have the feeling it would be another false dawn.

We could do with a rich arab, Sheik Yermoni, who, through a freak accident, was actually born in Govan, at the Suffering General. He grew up, watching Rangers games from afar, in his palace in the desert, dreaming that one day he could own such a prize.

Deeply disturbed by recent events depicted on Sky News, he immediately got on his camel and shot off to the airport, where he flew to Glasgow to meet the admins.

When told it could cost him £100m, he thought they were asking for a deposit, then asked if they had change of £500m as it was the smallest he had on him.

This sounds plausible. Do you have a link pal :craphead:

Their individual net worth isn't hugely important, they need to find the funds to pay off all debts though.

After that they need a plan to bring investment in annually, a one off share issue is not the answer for me. I'd rather see an investment plan along the lines of the rangers unite proposal.

Who is going to have the final say on day to day running if we have about 8 guys buying the club. Im worried we will just end up with a bunch of guys with big egos arguing constantly. Give me a billionaire shiek instead please lol

Mar 12 2012

A MOTOR tycoon and two finance experts are today revealed as three of the Blue Knights signed up to Paul Murray’s Rangers rescue.

Douglas Park – the boss of motor empire Park’s of Hamilton – London-based fund manager John Bennett and property guru Scott Murdoch are among about 10 major players who have declared themselves part of Murray’s consortium.

Last night, Murray pledged that more names would be revealed over the next few days.

Expat businessman Dave King, the Ibrox club’s second biggest shareholder after disgraced owner Craig Whyte, is also supporting the group.

But he will not plough in any of his own money until he has emerged from a battle with the South African tax authorities.

Former director Murray – who has secured the backing of investment firm Ticketus as well as the club’s three main fans’ groups – will today meet administrators Duff and Phelps for a crunch round of takeover talks.

He said last night: “I have chosen to be the public face of the Blue Knights to date because I have the most knowledge of the situation and I am trying to provide a focal point for people to engage with.

“I also did not want to publicly name individuals until everyone was entirely happy.

“This has been an incredibly complex and fast-moving situation so I wanted to choose the appropriate time to launch our plan. That time is now.

“There are still discussions taking place with a number of other individuals and, over the next few days, they too will become known to the Rangers supporters.

“The make-up of the group is not final but it is beginning to become clearer.

“As I have said before, there is room for anyone else who wishes to step forward.

“We need individuals with money and ideas who can help move Rangers forward.”

Murray also revealed details of his tie-up with Ticketus – the London company who financed Whyte’s disgraced regime by stumping up £24.4million to buy 100,000 future season tickets.

Ticketus have agreed to back Murray’s bid for the club and to restructure the disastrous Whyte deal which, as it stands, would hamstring any new owners with annual payments of around £9million.

Murray said: “Initially, Ticketus were presented in a bad light given their close association with Craig Whyte’s takeover but they advanced the money in good faith.

“They are also a substantial business who have completed 50-60 football ticket deals.

“Some people have expressed a view that Ticketus have no rights and no security so therefore why deal with them?

“It is a matter of fact, however, that they are the largest stakeholder in the Club, even bigger than HM Revenue and Customs.

“And the money raised from the original deal with Ticketus was used to pay off the club’s debt to Lloyd’s Banking Group.”

Last week, the Crown Office revealed that King is banned from doing business in Scotland because of a demand for £250million in alleged unpaid tax in South Africa, where he lives.

A May 2006 court order obtained by the Crown Office, at the request of South African tax authorities, bans him fom dealing in or disposing of assets or property in Scotland.

King, 56, originally from Castlemilk, Glasgow, lost the £250million case last year and was branded a “shameless liar”.

He had tried to claim he earned only £5000 a year and all his assets belonged to an offshore company.

But when asked about his ability to do a deal with Rangers, King said: “The old restraining orders in Scotland have no impact whatsoever.”

The three Scots named as part of the Blue Knights yesterday are well-established business figures, operating at the highest business circles.

Scott Murdoch is a property expert who helped form Carter Wassell Murdoch in 1992 and went on to open offices in London, New York and Glasgow.

Murdoch’s business turns over many millions of pounds a year, matching top companies with high value office space.

John Bennett is one of the top UK fund managers, dealing in billions of pounds in investments through his key role with Henderson Global Investors.

Anymore info on the other 2, as I guess most of us know who Douglas Park is.

I also guess if he does become a part owner of us he will have to shut his companies box at the tattie dome.

why would he do that? its for entertaining clients he will need it.

who do celtc use for busses?