Mario Gotze extends contract

jafrfc

Borussia Dortmund announced on Tuesday that their highly rated midfielder Mario Götze has signed an extension to his contract, which ties him to the Bundesliga club until 2016. Arsenal were one of several clubs interested in Götze and the news will be a blow to Arsène Wenger, who had seen the 19-year-old as a key part of the rebuilding of his Arsenal squad.

"Everyone knows how happy I am here and I want to be part of this project," said Götze, who was instrumental in bringing the German championship to the Westfalen Stadion last season and who has already won 12 caps for Germany. The sporting director, Michael Zorc, added: "We are very pleased that we are taking a step into the future together with Mario."

Götze is set to return to training after two months out because of a stress fracture of the pubic bone. The Dortmund manager, Jürgen Klopp, said yesterday that he hopes to be able to call on Götze for some part of the run-in. "We still have to keep an eye on the way Mario's body reacts to stress on a day-by-day basis," Klopp said.

Borussia Dortmund have already signed one of the most sought-after players in Germany for next season, with Marco Reus agreeing a five-year deal in January.

Finally returns to training. Going to find it hard work getting in the team considering how well Kuba has been playing. But when he's on form he's virtually unplayable.

Germany as an attacking force in the euros are going to be fucking phenomenal! They will get all the supply they need from midfielders like Schweinsteiger, Özil and Götze

Gomez

Podolski Muller

Ozil Gotze

Schweinsteiger

:drool:

Gomez

Podolski Muller

Ozil Gotze

Schweinsteiger

:drool:

Add to that Toni Kroos, Miroslav Klose, Kevin Großkreutz and Marco Reus then you've got one of the most exciting Germany teams in years.

Edit: Shame about their green away top!

Don't forget Schurrle!

I've got money on Germany for the Euros :)

I like Lewis Holtby and Sidney Sam of Bayer Leverkusen aswell there seem to be loads of players released from German clubs or sold for little money they then get signed by another club and turn out to be a massive success.

Maybe we should be looking at young players released by Bundesliga clubs if we do our scouting right.