whitaker looking a player again

ylfb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And to say he's dross in Europe he was one of the best players during uefa cup run

Aye, he only scored one of the greatest European goals we've ever scored.

Whittaker is no defender, but he's been shoved from pillar to post in his time at Ibrox, and always done his best. He's been in a European final, won handfuls of medals, and had a season where he scored 15 goals or something from full back and midfield.

If Whittaker was played as an attacker where he'd do most damage he could be great. He's already won more medals than a lot of those considered legends, and he's done it in a team that hasn't been over endowed with the kind of talent we've been used to in the past.

he was originally a right midfield player when signed but ended a rb under walter. when on form and pressing forward he's quite good but he is scary at rb most of the time

You have that back to front. He was a rb that walter tried at rm. To be honest tho, when he came to us i thought he would be good at rm, but he was shite so got moved back to rb. I honestly think he would be good up front, he's 2 footed, can get past a player and has a decent shot on him.

Gazza...3 years at Rangers...2 League titles, 1 Scottish Cup, 1 League Cup.

Brian Laudrup...4 years at Rangers...3 League titles, 1 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cups.

Michael Mols...5 years at Rangers...3 League titles, 3 Scottish Cups, 2 League Cups.

Jorg Albertz...5 years at Rangers...3 League titles, 2 Scottish Cups, 2 League Cups.

Whittaker...5 years at Rangers, playing under the pressures of all the financial constraints...3 League titles, 2 Scottish Cups, 3 League Cups, and a European final.

Brian Laudrup...4 years at Rangers...3 League titles, 1 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cups.

Michael Mols...5 years at Rangers...3 League titles, 3 Scottish Cups, 2 League Cups.

Jorg Albertz...5 years at Rangers...3 League titles, 2 Scottish Cups, 2 League Cups.

Whittaker...5 years at Rangers, playing under the pressures of all the financial constraints...3 League titles, 2 Scottish Cups, 3 League Cups, and a European final.

And your point is caller?

And your point is caller?

The point is, you can call Whittaker pish all you like, but he's helped Rangers to win as many trophies as a lot of legends. I could name more of them if you want.

He also helped us to get millions in European money just when we needed it, albeit he blotted his copybook in that regard at the start of this season.

Whittaker has been a good player for Rangers despite his faults, and has often popped up with goals (like yesterday) and assists, just when we needed them.

The point is, you can call Whittaker pish all you like, but he's helped Rangers to win as many trophies as a lot of legends. I could name more of them if you want.

He also helped us to get millions in European money just when we needed it, albeit he blotted his copybook in that regard at the start of this season.

Whittaker has been a good player for Rangers despite his faults, and has often popped up with goals (like yesterday) and assists, just when we needed them.

Cheers for the reply but, sorry, don't rate him.

John O'shea - Champions league winner.

Matt Le tissier - No medals.

Who'll be remembered as the more talented player in 10 years time ?

He was likely playing injured for a while and will come good again, some of the shit he takes is a joke just because you think he doesn't merit his paypacket, which he took a cut in as it is neaded which says lots about the guy.

John O'shea - Champions league winner.

Matt Le tissier - No medals.

Who'll be remembered as the more talented player in 10 years time ?

Will O'Shea be remembered as being pish by Man Utd fans, just because he isn't Martin Buchan?

Will O'Shea be remembered as being pish by Man Utd fans, just because he isn't Martin Buchan?

Point is, using medals as a way of measuring a players ability is silly.

Wasn't necessarily directed at you I was just replying to you because of your above post.

Point is, using medals as a way of measuring a players ability is silly.

Wasn't necessarily directed at you I was just replying to you because of your above post.

I realise that.

Willie Mathieson won a European medal, so medals certainly aren't the be all and end all of measuring a player's ability.

However, to call a player like Whittaker who has a hatful of medals pish, when he clearly contributed plenty to the victories (depsite his faults, as I've already said) is nonsense.