whitaker looking a player again

ylfb

Whittaker can be a world beater and a donkey all in the same movement, he will execute the most outrageous piece of skill then trip over the ball after leaving a bunch of players in a tangled mess.

The Tin Man was a bit like that yet is very fondly remembered.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise that.

Willie Mathieson won a European medal, so medals certainly aren't the be all and end all of measuring a player's ability.

However, to call a player like Whittaker who has a hatful of medals pish, when he clearly contributed plenty to the victories (depsite his faults, as I've already said) is nonsense.

Hardly.

If you don't rate him you don't rate him, it doesn't matter what he's achieved in his career.

Hardly.

If you don't rate him you don't rate him, it doesn't matter what he's achieved in his career.

When you don't rate a player who year after year helps his team to win trophies, maybe it's time to wonder how much you really know about the game.

I don't mean that as an insult, but sometimes people can't appreciate what some players are contributing.

Pish players don't have medals galore in their display cabinet.

When you don't rate a player who year after year helps his team to win trophies, maybe it's time to wonder how much you really know about the game.

I don't mean that as an insult, but sometimes people can't appreciate what some players are contributing.

Pish players don't have medals galore in their display cabinet.

I know plenty about the game, still don't rate Whittaker.

He may well have contributed in some way or another but it isn't as black and white as you're making it out.

Actually registered to make my point on this subject.

Whittaker is a brilliant player.

He makes terrible mistakes in defence however a lot of that is to do with walter/ally tactics (playing narrow and forcing teams out wide).

We need to get off his back, stop being boo-boys and allow him to be put forward and have free reign and create his moments of magic in 1 in 10 games. Worth it. The space we should have afforded charlie adam.

IMO like too many other players this season he has been played out of position so we are not getting his best. Personally I would play Edu at RB/WB before whittaker but we need another RB Broadfoot injured too often and takes several games to get up to speed, we should never have got rid of McMillan and must be only position he never played ortiz in and this is his position.

Ally needs to play his young players and stop playing others just on experience, just look at the difference in McCulloch recently, back at what he is good at.

The ex McCulloch slayers have now found their new target.

He does look and seem more comfortable when playing 3 at the back where he has the opportunity to play slightly further up the park as a wing back, however if we are playing 4 at the back he is still a far better option than Bartley, Broadfoot or Perry.

He is what we have at this moment so far that he has my full support.

The ex McCulloch slayers have now found their new target.

He does look and seem more comfortable when playing 3 at the back where he has the opportunity to play slightly further up the park as a wing back, however if we are playing 4 at the back he is still a far better option than Bartley, Broadfoot or Perry.

He is what we have at this moment so far that he has my full support.

Personally I always maintained The big man should have stayed up front and Whittaker is at his best in defensive midfield. He is plainly not comfortable at RB though looked much better at wing back. Get him back inside and play Edu there he looks far more comfortable and has played there many times for USA at RB

Actually registered to make my point on this subject.

Whittaker is a brilliant player.

He makes terrible mistakes in defence however a lot of that is to do with walter/ally tactics (playing narrow and forcing teams out wide).

We need to get off his back, stop being boo-boys and allow him to be put forward and have free reign and create his moments of magic in 1 in 10 games. Worth it. The space we should have afforded charlie adam.

You've just countered your arguement within 1 line. How can you be a brilliant player but make terrible mistakes !!!

Whittaker is a poor player. He cannae defend for toffee. He gets beaten with the ball insdie ALL the time especially in europe where they're clever enough to spot this. He cannae pass or cross and panics under pressure. He's not Rangers quality. He tries hard and is a fit boy but that's no good enough. I thought McCabe showed better passing ability in the OF game than i've seen from Whittaker in all the time he's been at the gers. We need to get back to playing players in positions that they play in. I love Watty but he was criminal for this. Signing players to then play them elsewhere.

Papac - CH playing LB

McCulloch - CF (off front 2 poss) - No a CH

Broadfoot - CH - played at ootside left in some games

Naismith - CF - played outside right , left, aff front 2