Agendas - stop buying into the crap

Bluepeter9

Now those who have seem me post know I hate all the conspiracy shite that goes on..

But there is one myth / agenda / conspiracy / stupidity we must all stop accepting.

Liquidation is not the end of our history!

We have the ill informed amongst the press, other clubs supporters and worst of all our own fans perpetuating this pish that history goes along with a newco being formed! This is utter pish even from a legal perspective.

Provided someone buys our assets ( in liquidation) and wants to run us as a club then one asset they buy is goodwill. This is a well recognised legal term and includes our history!!

Don't buy into the myth

Don't give the myth credibility by repeating it

Don't give the myths credibility by protesting against it!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now those who have seem me post know I hate all the conspiracy shite that goes on..

But there is one myth / agenda / conspiracy / stupidity we must all stop accepting.

We have the ill informed amongst the press, other clubs supporters and worst of all our own fans perpetuating this pish that history goes along with a newco being formed! This is utter pish even from a legal perspective.

Provided someone buys our assets ( in liquidation) and wants to run us as a club then one asset they buy is goodwill. This is a well recognised legal term and includes our history!!

Don't buy into the myth

Good post mate....the same thing happened to Leeds Utd and they never lost there history and everybody still knows them as Leeds Utd! The sanctions from Uefa and the SPL would be concerning though

Don't buy into the myth

I agree with you on this.

The worry about liquidation is what sanctions are imposed by the football authorities.

I should add that I much prefer to repay our creditors and go the CVA route.

While we are on the subject the reason we shouldn't want to be liquidated is nothing to do with a pretend threat to our history its because we have obligations to meet to creditors, large and small, and we have a loyal workforce we want to protect.

If Paul Murray and dingwall had spread there lies based on this i might have understood, the route they are taking just now is quite frankly disgusting.

Don't buy into the myth

So....what you're saying is that the Red Card Day is a myth and that we should give it a miss because it's a myth?

So....what you're saying is that the Red Card Day is a myth and that we should give it a miss because it's a myth?

I doubt that is what he means. He is just pointing out that in the event of liquidation it is NOT the end of Rangers Football Club as we know it. I think that the vast majority of our fans (if not all) would prefer to see us exit administration through a CVA. The red card display is just to show the administrators that we would hope RFC was to be taken over by people looking to take our preferred route.

OMG, with you all the way with this00000042.gif

laugh.gif Well someone had to say it!

He is right. I can't help but feel that those who choose to stop supporting in the event of liquidation are the ones walking away from our history. They are walking away at one of it's lowest points, happy with all the memories of trophies and titles, instead of fighting for our clubs history and ethos.

Harsh words maybe but that is how I feel.

While we are on the subject the reason we shouldn't want to be liquidated is nothing to do with a pretend threat to our history its because we have obligations to meet to creditors, large and small, and we have a loyal workforce we want to protect.

Agreed. I'd say there are several reason we would want to avoid liquidation. We shoudn't be sending out a message saying that it is ok as this weakens our stance. We should be united against it.

laugh.gif Well someone had to say it!

He is right. I can't help but feel that those who choose to stop supporting in the event of liquidation are the ones walking away from our history. They are walking away at one of it's lowest points, happy with all the memories of trophies and titles, instead of fighting for our clubs history and ethos.

Harsh words maybe but that is how I feel.

And made you point well 00000042.gif

If Paul Murray and dingwall had spread there lies based on this i might have understood, the route they are taking just now is quite frankly disgusting.

Dingwall fan boys won't like this

... But I do!

The red card day gives credence to the myth that we lose our history in liquidation!! Liquidation is not the best route but walking away if we go that route is I'll informed at best!

The red card protest should be against the charlatans that got us here or even a warning to new owners of the standards we expect but that is not why it's happening . It is the false fear of loss of history that has led to this protest and therfore wrong to have it ( IMHO)

Again, I find myself in a triumverate of agreement with Bp9 & GCL.

Have I died and gone to hell?

It has been a sort of hell since 14th feb !! So you ain't dead but are having glimpses of hell !

Edit assuming that hell exists - what we are going through is my version of athiest hell !

Don't buy into the myth

Completely correct (IMO).

CVA should still be the preferred option though

The red card day gives credence to the myth that we lose our history in liquidation!! Liquidation is not the best route but walking away if we go that route is I'll informed at best!

The red card protest should be against the charlatans that got us here or even a warning to new owners of the standards we expect but that is not why it's happening . It is the false fear of loss of history that has led to this protest and therfore wrong to have it ( IMHO)

A waste of someone's valuable, if affordable (by the sounds of it) resources then?

Oh well...

I'm planning a Yellow Card Day of protest at the following home game - punters (as many as can be bothered) can show the card to the Stasi after the first arrest for 'hate crime' (is that what wee bug eyes Alex calls it?) and when the second person is arrested we all flash the second yellow card.

As every fule gnows...two yellows = a red. :rolleyes: