Celtic are worthy title winners?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We can hide behind the re-assuring word "Tainted". But i would prefer to look at our performances,which have not been good enough regardless of what position we were in off the park.

How do you square losing at Love Street before Christmas, losing to them after Christmas, losing away and home to Kilmarnock. Never mind losing to Dundee United and Hearts, that can happen occasionally.

Alistair must love the bears in the stands who chant his name, they are ignoring the evidence, Alistair hasnt cut it as a manager where it counts, on the park.

We can hide behind the re-assuring word "Tainted". But i would prefer to look at our performances,which have not been good enough regardless of what position we were in off the park.

How do you square losing at Love Street before Christmas, losing to them after Christmas, losing away and home to Kilmarnock. Never mind losing to Dundee United and Hearts, that can happen occasionally.

Alistair must love the bears in the stands who chant his name, they are ignoring the evidence, Alistair hasnt cut it as a manager where it counts, on the park.

A refreshingly honest rational response which unfortunately will not go done well with many. :clap:

McCoist and Davis conveniently forgetting the huge points gap we threw away prior to administration, something which has saved our manager from being forced to walk away.

Did you lose your phone after the tarrier game? You weren't even drunk when I seen you :lol:

Infact you seemed disapointed Rangers were winning papey :P

Let them have their wee title, tainted or not, this year will be remembered as the year Rangers danced with death, but the glory of the club and all those associated with it gave us the power to rise back to be ready for the challenge of next season, as we always are.

WATP

Did you lose your phone after the tarrier game? You weren't even drunk when I seen you :lol:

Infact you seemed disapointed Rangers were winning papey :P

On the train up for Motherwell. I only had two bottles before the tarriers game - a strange experience! :D

We were never actually 15 points clear as the dirt had a couple of games in hand. If you think back we dropped 5 points in november and 6 in december and we had several good goals not given and very ropey officiating in general to contend with 9 points clear and 3 games we were robbed by refs, they are not worthy to borrow our trophy!

You sound worse than them, if you think we let them catch up because of refereeing decesions , then your worse than them.

As a bear of mature years now, I really don’t see how the title is tainted and we have to stop being mopes and just accept they will win it. It’s not smellik’s fault we had a barsteward owner and put us into administration, they were 5 points ahead at that point anyway so let’s just get over it. They did “cheat” their way to the title in 2008 and IMO that one was tainted with their mythical Tour Of Japan sh1te they used to avoid extending the season.

We need to stop moaning and blaming anyone but ourselves and get on with being back to where we should be.

:uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

It's no coincedence that Celtic only finally overcame us in the year in which we finally succumbed to our financial troubles. We've been on our arse for years yet they've still not been able to beat us. Only when we literally fell to pieces, could they take advantage. It would have been frankly laughable had they not been able to take advantage this year. Not tainted for me, just the inevitable catch-up that was going to happen when our situation spiralled so badly. As for the opinions on Ally, i'd agree that he hasn't done enough to prove he's going to be our manager for years to come, but I think it is ludicrous to vilify the guy considering the conditions he's had to work under. He deserves the chance to rebuild under the new, hopefully non-cuntish, owners

Facts are that are that we threw away a huge lead that would still have had us slightly ahead even after going in to administration....having said that i irmly believe that the 3 games e have lost AFTER going in to administration wouldnt all have been defeats therefore leaving the gap at 2 points or even possibly us ahead by 1 which would have let another final day title decider.....

as has been said before though this season WILL NOT be remembered for ho won the league but for our problems

Would be funny if they bottled it again today :lol:

Can see them getting a point at least though

So let them enjoy their day, their celebrations won't be like any other title win they've celebrated before, they will know deep down it got handed to them

After the Old Firm their fans where shouting for Lennons head because of his teams bottle in big games, so they can't turn around say they wouldn't have blew the 4 point lead

Enjoy your tainted day

The tarriers are going to win the league because they deserve to win it, i really do wish everyone would give it a rest with the tainted title pish. They were top before we even knew about administration and it was us that tossed a double figure point lead away, no-one else.

The title is completely tainted, how can it not be, a two horse race and one of the horses breaks its leg after the 2nd hurdle.

The aspect of it no one ever highlights is the psychological aspect of it, and this nonsense that septic were well on their way to winning the league anyway. Saying the 10 point deduction made no difference is like starting a team off with a 5-0 lead in a match and then when they win 6-0 saying "oh well they'd still have won 1-0 regardless of the 5-0 head start". Nothing to do with the players being dispirited.

Anyway the jokes on them, all Lemon winning the league does is keep him in a job for another year so we can watch his ineptitude as septic are pumped all ways in the euro qualifiers.