Our most skillful player ever?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... there is only one thing for certain. We have had truly great players grace the Ibrox pitch. What makes us different (imho) is that almost all foreign players love our club just about as much as we do.

Speaks volumes.

Magical European nights thanks to these great men and decisive victories over the celtc. Makes life worth it!

No one player is 'the best'. There are moments over the years that lighten our heart, and provide joy. But to be honest? Seeing any player scoring for The Rangers vs them says to me right at that moment in time, they are the greatest Ranger. Just the way it is for this Bear.

00000042.gif

Ted McMinn was cracking on his day, but going by what I have seen on video and in the flesh I have to say Baxter and Henderson. My hero Coop isn't far behind mind. Then Laudrup and Gascoigne... ah fuck it we have been helluva lucky over the years :uk:

The goal scored in the Glasgow Cup Final goes down as arguably the most individual piece of brilliance from "any" player, let alone a Rangers Player. If that was done by Pele, Cruyff, Maradona or messi it would be the stuff of legend.

For me Davie Cooper shades it, he played for us when we were not graced with the greatest players and at times he carried the team and the hopes of the fans on his shoulders, and did so by playing with his head in the air, always appeared to make time for himself and went passed players with ease.

That's what my definition of skill is, not someone who can nutmeg the odd player or looks decent in a team of superstars.

The goal scored in the Glasgow Cup Final goes down as arguably the most individual piece of brilliance from "any" player, let alone a Rangers Player. If that was done by Pele, Cruyff, Maradona or messi it would be the stuff of legend.

For me Davie Cooper shades it, he played for us when we were not graced with the greatest players and at times he carried the team and the hopes of the fans on his shoulders, and did so by playing with his head in the air, always appeared to make time for himself and went passed players with ease.

That's what my definition of skill is, not someone who can nutmeg the odd player or looks decent in a team of superstars.

Very well put mate. Can't disagree. Excellent analysis imho. 00000042.gif

i,m old enough to have seen Baxter, Henderson, MacMillan etc in the flesh, but for me the most skillful player id a straight choice between Laudrup and Gazza, and the mad Geordie shades it for me, the man was different class, two footed, could head the ball, tackle, and his hat trick against Aberdeen was the best individual performance i have ever seen from a Rangers player.

My vote is for Slim Jim Baxter - I saw him play many times - even saw a Celtic team in awe of him even in his second spell at Ibrox when he was not so slim.

I wonder though about some of the even earlier players like Gillick and Morton and their ilk. What about them?

Henderson, Baxter and Morton were all meant to be incredible. I'm sure The Wee Prime Minister was meant to have skill in abundance as well.

From my lifetime I'd say Coop or Laudrup. Durrant pre injury had no shortage of skill as well.

Best three player that I have personally seen --- Baxter, Lauders, Gazza

Very, very difficult to choose between them as all had unique traits and abilities.

If I had to pick I'd probably say Baxter.......... or Gazza........ Or Laudrup

Fek I cant pick between the --- result = a tie.