Ched Evans Guilty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Philpotts, prosecuting, has told the court that Mr Evans had booked a room "with the main or sole purpose of procuring a girl or girls that night"

He said the defendants "were on the lookout for any girl who was a suitable target and the claimant had literally stumbled across their path."

Doesn't sit comfortably with me to be honest...

Footballer Ched Evans has been found guilty of raping a 19-year-old woman while another player Clayton McDonald has been cleared.

Wales and Sheffield United striker Evans, 23, was convicted by a jury at Caernarfon Crown Court.

Both he and Port Vale defender McDonald, also 23, had denied rape at a Premier Inn near Rhyl, Denbighshire.

The men admitted having sex with the woman on 30 May, 2011 but said it was consensual.

During the trial, the jury saw video interviews in which the woman, now 20, said she could not remember what happened and feared her drinks were spiked.

She could not remember travelling to the hotel, but woke up in a double bed.

"My clothes were scattered around on the floor," she said.

"I just didn't know how I got there, if I had gone there with anyone. I was confused and dazed."

The court heard that Evans, whose mother lives in Rhyl, had invited McDonald and others for a bank holiday night out in the seaside town on 29 May.

Because there was not enough space at Evans' mother's house, he booked McDonald into the hotel.

Defender Clayton McDonald signed for Port Vale last season

The court heard that McDonald met the woman and took her back to the hotel room, sending a text to Evans stating he had "got a bird".

During Evans' evidence, he told the jury he had gone to the hotel, let himself into McDonald's room and watched his friend and the woman having sex.

It was claimed McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes.

The prosecution claimed that while the attack happened, Jack Higgins, an "associate" of the footballers, and Ryan Roberts, Mr Evans' brother, watched through a window.

The court heard the defendants had known each other since they were 10 years old and shared digs when they played for Manchester City's youth academy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17781842

To anybody unfamiliar with case (tu)

well it would seem that he booked a hotel room then set up a teenager drunk out our mind, took her back to the hotel and got his mates to film it.

from that point of view it does seem as scummy as fuck, but if thats rape, then surely it happens to thousands every single friday and saturday night? It's frightening to think you could take a burd home from a night out and could end up in the nick for 5 years because she says she was too drunk to remember it. how do you even measure that by law? Maybe nightclubs should sell breathalizers so any guy out on the pull can take note of his burds alchohol/blood level before getting them in the sack.

well it would seem that he booked a hotel room then set up a teenager drunk out our mind, took her back to the hotel and got his mates to film it.

from that point of view it does seem as scummy as fuck, but if thats rape, then surely it happens to thousands every single friday and saturday night? It's frightening to think you could take a burd home from a night out and could end up in the nick for 5 years because she says she was too drunk to remember it. how do you even measure that by law? Maybe nightclubs should sell breathalizers so any guy out on the pull can take note of his burds alchohol/blood level before getting them in the sack.

The law is that there must be consent, if someone is completely out of it they cannot give consent,

the alleged offender cannot be reckless as to assume consent would be given.

The law is that there must be consent, if someone is completely out of it they cannot give consent,

but if she says she cant remember, whos to say she didnt give consent? is it possible she did, and happened to come across to others less drunk than she actually was? did she actively particpate in it, or did she just lie there with her eyes rolled back inot her head?

she also said she thought she was spiked, but there was no evidence of this.

does this mean every man must become an expert to how drunk someone is?

what if the man is just as drunk as the woman?

Ched Evans actions may have been that of a scumbag, but i guess i just lean towards people facing up to responsibilty for their own actions. Many girls aged 18-25ish go out to clubs every single weekend, and get blotto beyond belief and go home with guys. We glorify it in this country aswell, i've seen glimpses of brain-melt TV such as Geordie Shore and it almost seems to be a TV show dedicated to sluts out on the lash.

but if she says she cant remember, whos to say she didnt give consent? is it possible she did, and happened to come across to others less drunk than she actually was? did she actively particpate in it, or did she just lie there with her eyes rolled back inot her head?

she also said she thought she was spiked, but there was no evidence of this.

does this mean every man must become an expert to how drunk someone is?

what if the man is just as drunk as the woman?

Ched Evans actions may have been that of a scumbag, but i guess i just lean towards people facing up to responsibilty for their own actions. Many girls aged 18-25ish go out to clubs every single weekend, and get blotto beyond belief and go home with guys. We glorify it in this country aswell, i've seen glimpses of brain-melt TV such as Geordie Shore and it almost seems to be a TV show dedicated to sluts out on the lash.

It then comes down to 'honest belief', did Ched Evans believe consent was given, from the verdict the jury think no.

I understand that law. Although would it be the same if the offender said he was to out of it to remember raping her?.....i think not.

Sheff utds top scorer aswell.