Has Ally Learned?

delamonty

We are on a decent run. Ally -- to me -- seems to be a more confident man. So.. the question is.. Has he learned this season? Is he taking the team forward (Let's leave Admin and "L" aside here)...

I think so.

Yesterday, they showed Sergio (losing 2-0) at the time sitting down basically helpless. Instant TV switch to Super urging the side on, showing emotion and fight. You would have thought WE were 2-0 down! A small point perhaps, but we have showed an attacking flair recently, good movement, better passing and players showing fight.

Of course, this is all subjective .. but I think Super is now on his way to being a very, very good Rangers manager.

Lastly.. some might say the pressure is off since there is nothing to play for. Not true. There is always pressure at The Rangers. 00000042.gif

He's always going to be learning. Just because he was assistant manager of Scotland and us before taking over doesn't mean he is fully equipped for the job. Being a manager compared to Assistant is completely different.

He will still be picking up things here and there 3/4/5 years into the job. I'm glad he's our manager, and I'm sure he'll be successful when all this is sorted. 00000042.gif

He was robbed of the chance to lead us to 4IAR due to us entering administration. The title race would have gone right down to the wire again.

He deserves more time and he has been a fantastic ambassador for the club in this crisis for which he deserves wholesome praise (tu)

TBH the real test will be after the dust settles and we see what kind of team we've got for the start of next season.

I certainly hope he proves himself (in the dugout that is).

That also depends on when the dust settles, what level of playing squad he has left to work with. If cuts have to be made then I suppose we can't expect the man to work miracles, if we keep this squad of players, with a few alterations of course, then I fully expect Mr McCoist to lead us to the SPL title next year!

He was robbed of the chance to lead us to 4IAR due to us entering administration. The title race would have gone right down to the wire again.

He deserves more time and he has been a fantastic ambassador for the club in this crisis for which he deserves wholesome praise (tu)

No he wasn't. He was completely out of his depth in Europe beaten by two pubs teams then by Falkirk's under 19 team. Absolutely shocking team selections and tactics. He then blew a big lead in the league.

Would I give him another season ? I would have sacked him many months ago, BUT now and here I'm being non sensible - due to his demeanor and behaving like a Rangers manager should over the last few months I would give him one more season. He must have learned a lot this season.

Does is really matter what he has learned as a Manager? he has that what cannot be taught, a love for the club that goes far deeper than any set of tactics or formation written on a blackboard (is that politically correct ?)

He has earned the right to be called the Manager of Rangers. He has been a tremendous ambassador for this club and we should be eternally grateful that he was onboard at this difficult time.

No he wasn't. He was completely out of his depth in Europe beaten by two pubs teams then by Falkirk's under 19 team. Absolutely shocking team selections and tactics. He then blew a big lead in the league.

Would I give him another season ? I would have sacked him many months ago, BUT now and here I'm being non sensible - due to his demeanor and behaving like a Rangers manager should over the last few months I would give him one more season. He must have learned a lot this season.

Everything you have posted there is true but that doesn't mean we would absolutely 100% have lost the league. We were 4 points behind with 12 games to go. Insurmountable? No. Unrealistic? No.

Celtic may have won it, we may have won it. You can't say either way like I say it would have gone down to the wire. Celtic's bottling act in recent weeks is evidence we may have pipped them to it but Ally was certainly robbed of the chance to make it 4IAR because trust me we still very much had a chance (tu)

He's kept the players motivated when they easily could have tipped over after a couple of shaky home results after entering admin.

He's been the PERFECT ambassador for the club, was unfortunately let down by his players in Europe early on, and has shown that he can compete and MORE in OF games.

He's also experimented with some different players and formations the past few weeks, which has had a positive influence.

This is before we even talk about his handling of the admin situation, AND his goal at the legends game of course :praise:

we wont know until next season, or indeed if we go behind at the piggery

Ally's biggest problem is his lack of Plan B, or should i say it the Long ball shite that was Plan B

Glaring mistakes have been made this season on the park that simply cannot be ignored, next season will tell if he has learned anything

Well I am going to defend him.

He was not given the funds required to take the side forward, yes European results were a shocker, (although we created enough chances to win 5 games) but when you get drawn against the Scandinavian sides, who are midway through their season, then it's always a lottery (We got knocked out by Stockholm, and Copenhagen when Walter was in charge for that exact reason). We lost 9 points in a period of 5 games, all of which happened after the lose of Naismith and then Lafferty, the scum went on an unbeaten run helped by the odd decision or two.

So there you have it, I never used the Administration as part of the excuse, even though it probably played the greatest part in handing the "tainted (despite what Goat thinks) Title.

I would much rather have McCoist for 100 seasons than have the mad bastard the taigs have got for one.

We are fortunate to have him at the club

One thing that has Ally has done is shown his strength of character and a Rangers manager neds tha tin abundance - he aint Walter but his own man.

No matter who takes over Ally has a tough job next season but deserves to remain the manager.

In this debacle Ally has been the ONLY person we could have had as the public face of the club, he has handles this mess with aplomb and dignity that would not have been present across the city ...... However

Ally has not performed well as a FOOTBALL manager this season, we were out of Europe, against mediocre opposition, we were then put out of 2 domestic cups due to poor team selection, we then lost a gap of 9 points (15 if you count games in hand .. but I don't ).

Some of ally's team selections were, at best, baffling, at worst, inept. If we didn't have this disastrous season there would have been serious questions to be asked and answered.

Taking account of all that, Ally deserves another full season at the club, he deserves the respect this season has earned him but we deserve to see a manager who knows his strongest team and formation.

He was not given the funds required to take the side forward, yes European results were a shocker, (although we created enough chances to win 5 games) but when you get drawn against the Scandinavian sides, who are midway through their season, then it's always a lottery (We got knocked out by Stockholm, and Copenhagen when Walter was in charge for that exact reason). We lost 9 points in a period of 5 games, all of which happened after the lose of Naismith and then Lafferty, the scum went on an unbeaten run helped by the odd decision or two.

So there you have it, I never used the Administration as part of the excuse, even though it probably played the greatest part in handing the "tainted (despite what Goat thinks) Title.

I would much rather have McCoist for 100 seasons than have the mad bastard the taigs have got for one.

Got to agree with that.

Somebody talking sense at last. Well done sir. Players were still on their knees from previous run in where we had to win every game.No signings he wanted to help the existing soldiers, then boogie sold.He had no chance right from the off. Lets not forget it was only 9 pts dropped as well, the 15 pt lead over the mhanks was false.Wrong decision by gollum at the paedodome and we lost the OF game, then we sold Jela, signed nobody and entered into our darkest period in our clubs history.

Ally has never moaned once, he has carried our prayers on his shoulders, in fact the weight of ibrox , the worldwide rangers support, nobody trusts anybody other than ally and durranty.For me, the guy is telling jesus to sit down and be quiet,because the bears support need to listen to the news.Never thought i would see my 2 heroes in the ibrox dugout as coach and manager,fuckin great days are ahead.

In the words of the legendary Jimmy Cliff:"I can see clearly now the rain has gone, i can see all obstacles in my way, gone are the dark clouds that had me blind, its gonna be a bright bright sunshiny day."

Come on the Rangers!

No Surrender

Rab

PS: would be great if the UB and TBO would sing that song n'est pas?

Does is really matter what he has learned as a Manager? he has that what cannot be taught, a love for the club that goes far deeper than any set of tactics or formation written on a blackboard (is that politically correct ?)

He has earned the right to be called the Manager of Rangers. He has been a tremendous ambassador for this club and we should be eternally grateful that he was onboard at this difficult time.

I love your words and do credit you for them, but I reckon he will have learned a lot and it will prove invaluable in coming seasons. Yes, I said seasons- plural!

For me Super Ally is the greatest ever Ranger and the only man i want as manager. He was never given the funds by shyte to sign the payers he really wanted ie Goodwille, Naismith and Lafferty get injured, Jelavic is sold without a replacement then we enter administration. He is one of us and oozes class and dignity. Anyone who thinks ill of him should f##k right off. He is a born winner and he will succeed with rangers. Once we are sorted off the park Ally will succeed on it. I have no doubt about that what so ever. This season has been farcical but hopefully it galvanizes the team and fans into a force that no cunt will touch. Watp

All McCoist needs to do is

-Keep Wallace away from left wing, left back or nowhere

-Keep Papac away from midfield, left back or nowhere

-Keep Whittaker away from RB

-Keep McCulloch away from midfield he is far better upfront

-Give youngsters a chance

If McCoist had done that all season we would have been allot closer to Celtic and we wouldn't have fucked up in every cup competition, basically he was too cowardly and negative but he seems to have improved lately and is actually playing attacking football and we are dominating teams instead of sitting back and playing the long ball inviting teams onto us. If he keeps that up then I would happily give him another chance next season but if he reverts to trying to fit players into the team by putting them out of position which sacrafices attacking players for his favourites then I don't want him as manager.

People who are suggesting he should be manager just because he loves the club and that it doesn't matter what his tactics are and who he picks are insane he needs to prove himself as a manager his love for Rangers is irrelevent in a normal season.