He's Blue, He's White....

Gazzanova

The way Butch Wilkins describes him around that time is :praise:

My Dad told me that Ray Wilkins was asked about Gazza in an interview around that time and he said that although Gazza is fantastic, there was this boy (Durrant) who is playing for Rangers who is just as, if not more, talented.

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it's always stuck with me since the day I asked my dad just how good Durrant was (I'm too young to remember/apprecaiate him the way that others can)

Hes FUCKING dynamite

0,,5~5386634,00.jpg

Too young to remember seeing Ian play but i'm well aware he was in fact dynamite :crabflute:

My fuckin hero, as much as today as then! had to totally reinvent his game post his what should have been career ending injury.Hope that cunt simpson has plenty of sleepless nights in his slow painful death.Jaspers ultimate GIRUY was the fact he became an even classier midfield player,working hard in the gym just to have a chance of pulling on a rangers jersey again.Ill never forget that goal in marseille, was there in that wee band of diehards that night fighting moroccans and fuck knows who else after the game.Wee Durrant? he would never say it, but i will, best scottish player in the last 30 years, both before and after injury.

Hes blue hes white, hes fuckin dynamite, Ian Durrant Ian Durrant!

No Surrender

Rab

My Dad told me that Ray Wilkins was asked about Gazza in an interview around that time and he said that although Gazza is fantastic, there was this boy (Durrant) who is playing for Rangers who is just as, if not more, talented.

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it's always stuck with me since the day I asked my dad just how good Durrant was (I'm too young to remember/apprecaiate him the way that others can)

DBBT your Dad was spot on , also glad Durranty is on the coaching staff .

Durranty was a cracking player with so much potential who was cut down by an nothing of a reptile of a footballer.

If he had been allowed to flourish in the way he should have he would have been one of not only Rangers greats but Scotland's as well.

I liked him, but I really rated Derek Ferguson; I know why he didn't make it, but what a disgrace to the Scottish game that these two were lost to it. I often wonder if Ferguson ever really regrets what became of his career. He likes to blame Souness when he can, but deep down he did not respect his talent. Durrant is also going to be one of the great if onlys and what ifs.

Loved this goal by Durrant, like the way Super Ally helps him kick the ball into the net, lol.

Faulkner tackle as well, fuckin hell!! :angry:

Cooper free-kick :drool: :drool: :drool:

Edit; I would turn the volume down, the commentary is fucked, pair of pricks

Durranty was a cracking player with so much potential who was cut down by an nothing of a reptile of a footballer.

If he had been allowed to flourish in the way he should have he would have been one of not only Rangers greats but Scotland's as well.

It always makes me laugh when aberdeen's scummy fans profess to being great Scotland fans and yet their hero virtually ended the career of the best Scottish prospect for years :angry: