Would you take 3rd division right now?

OrangeBurn

3rd Division  

110 members have voted

1. 1. If gievn the option, would you take 3rd Division and years of repayments now?

• Take 3rd division & years of repayments now.
    • Take my chance at being saved and staying an SPL club.

At this stage it looks bleak but not impossible to be saved.

If someone came and offered you 3rd division and a whole long time to pay back the debts would you take it now or would you fancy your chances that we could be saved in the SPL?

already had this poll mate.

you should edit it while you can to:

"would you support liquidation and a Newco if it meant we can mvoe to Englands football league?"

because it looks as if thats the only chance we would have of getting out of the hell that is Scottish football.

Yep, get to visit some grounds i haven't been to yet.

The SPL will colapse without us, and we should also withdraw from Scottish Cup and if possible, players shouldn't play for Scotland.

We could arrange friendlies with "big" clubs to bring in revenue during the Scottish Cup weekends.

At this stage it looks bleak but not impossible to be saved.

If someone came and offered you 3rd division and a whole long time to pay back the debts would you take it now or would you fancy your chances that we could be saved in the SPL?

Would we have any debts if we ended up in the 3rd Division? I thought we'd end up there if we liquidated and got rid of the debts?

From what I understand, as a newco we would have to register with the SFA. And you know they wont let us in unless we agree to their sanctions. So if we play in 3rd division, there would be fines, we would need to pay all football related debt and 12 months of no signing players (subject to appeal)

In my mind, Im all for that over struggling with repayments and with a young team in the SPL - And I wont shed a tear when the SPL comes crashing down

As things stand, liquidation would result in relegation to Div. 3. Next week's vote may alter that.

Can I ask what ye mean here M? It's just that I have a mate who's well connected at RP, and he reckons the SPL are going tae move the goalposts tae PROTECT us!

I'd love to sit there and watch all the big shots in the SPL starting to turn on each other as they begin to run out of money :clap:

Been lurking for a while now, but...

If we get sent to the third division, would that not mean the rest could gang up on Ce***c and force through 11-1 votes - say dividing gate money 50-50 etc. and so get a decent income.

Also suggests "they" would not allow us to be relegated as they need us to vote with them when push comes to shove.

(be gentle -I'm not one of them)

Al

D3

Don't give the tim basturts the satisfaction of saying they beat us next season. Their title won't just be tainted, it will be corrupt to the core. As for the 9-in-a-row they are talking about, dream on. There soon won't be an SPL for them to win and even if they do reign supreme over the dregs of Scottish football we shall soon be welcomed back as the saviours of Scotland's national game. By that time the tims presently running Scotland's F*n*an Association will be out on their arses and we can begin to run things properly again. Then they will know what real sanctions are!

think this thread is kinda mixed up....

3rd division would be the result of liquidation = debt free / newco

......and yes, I'd take that right now. Fuck the SPL

This was my understanding too, and tbh i'm beginning to think this is possibly the best option. I don't want my team to be the whipping boys of the SPL for the forseeable future, while they profit from our presence.

Better for our present incarnation to die with dignity than live on our knees!

my heart says 3rd division, but my head says spl. By the time we got promotion to the spl, we would have to buy a full squad that couls challenge for the title, so, I would like to keep as many players as possible from the current squad and start from there. i think we would be able to keep a squad thats capable to put up a decent fight with what we would be able to keep. I'd rather go with the players that we could keep and bleed a few youngsters in, the ones coming through are of a high standard. Much better to start with that then gamble with a squad coming up from the first division that would include, well, fuck knows who it would include but they would be no where near the quality that we would have if we stayed in the spl. We would have to spend millions of pounds to be able to compete if we were to work our way through the leagues.

Can I ask what ye mean here M? It's just that I have a mate who's well connected at RP, and he reckons the SPL are going tae move the goalposts tae PROTECT us!

Only in a tarriers warped mind! No organisation does anything to help or in this case protect us.

I'm beginning to find all this "don't sanction us for the good of Scottish football" a bit over the top. It is never going to get us any sympathy so f*ck the lot of them. We are not the first team to have been punished and we will not be the last. Don't give the other basturts anything to hold onto when they get into trouble; they will have to suffer the same fate. We can survive whatever they throw at us and we shall come back stronger than ever. It will be a badge of honour to go down to D3 and work our way up to the top again to then grind that ginger c*nt's face into the ground. Let him revel in his meaningless titles. Even now he is pissed off because he knows he didn't really win the title this year; it was given to him and it will be even more empty for him to win the title next year knowing there is no competition. It will be an empty shell and they'll still get shat on in the first round in Europe.

Even in times of difficulty the fittest will survive.

There is abolutely nothing that stops us resigning from the SPL and then applying to the SFL for entry in Division 3.

We do not require a Newco for this to happen.

We would absolutely be accepted.

This is by far the best way for us to demonstrate our muscle in Scottish Football and I've been banging on about it for months.

Glad some others are onboard.

Right from the beginning of the Administration process and all the excrutiating twists and turns of the knife that have followed, I have always been of the viewpoint that regardless what league we are in or how mcuh of a shadow of our former selves we are I would and will continue to support our club through thick and thin. 3rd Division, Highland league or wherever...We;d still be The Mighty Rangers with our 140 Years of History and Pride. Rangers playing in shitty, treacherous weather in a virtually unheard of league with all our history or playing in SPL as a newco with none? Screw that. If we in our current entity die, then my club has died. I'll follow Rangers til the day I die, but any new reincarnation simply isn't The Rangers.