Aberdeen Goalkeeper Wants Rangers Thrown Out

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good, another fucking no-mark putting his neb in where it isnt wanted or needed.

Fucking third rate keeper playing for a forth rate team thinking he knows anything at all, makes me laugh.

I'm sorry but I have never pandered to the views of jumped up little soap dodgers who despise all things Rangers.

And find it even sadder that members of our own family, Ally included believe this view that we go to the 3rd Division. Is it not enough to be punished with player embargoes, points being docked, large fines and further money being confiscated in seasons to come?

Why we the fans who live and breath and get excited like schoolboys on matchdays should believe demotion to the lower leagues is the honourable thing to do escapes me. Was it the Rangers fans who put the club in this situation? NO!

From Barcelona to Manchester we have heard from the media and even some inside the club that we have let Rangers down and embarressed the name of Rangers.

Well now the baton has changed hands to the Mint and the Shyster.

JASON BROWN has told Scotland’s top-flight clubs to be brave today and not give Rangers any special consideration.

The outspoken Aberdeen keeper waded into the Ibrox argument as 11 SPL members prepare to meet at Hampden to decide on the Light Blues’ potential readmission into the league as a newco and any

subsequent penalties.

Brown is the first high-profile player to have a serious say on the matter and insists clubs need to take a stance to revive the ailing SPL.

The Dons star believes the chance is there for his club and others to build a bright future with Rangers temporarily out of the way.

Motherwell have been the first to benefit and are guaranteed at least one lucrative home tie in both the Champions League and Europa League next term with Rangers not permitted to play on the Continent.

Brown reckons the others could also cash-in over time and bring a constant stream of money in to begin the erosion of Old Firm dominance.

He said: “I don’t think they should be given any special dispensation. If they’ve broken the rules, they should be punished.

“They say you need the Old Firm for revenue but how long are you going to carry on?

“They are just getting bigger and the rest of the clubs are getting smaller. How long can it go on with the money always going to Celtic and Rangers for finishing in the top two?

“If you or me don’t pay taxes, what happens? If you don’t pay, you have to be punished. That’s life. Who cares who they are?

“If Rangers have a couple of years out the SPL it gives others an opportunity.

“It’s difficult for people to invest due to the global economy but this is an opportunity and a club of Aberdeen’s size needs to try to take it.

“The fans need it, the club needs it. It has to happen as you can’t keep making excuses.”

Brown also reckons a revamp of the SPL could be a way to pump serious cash into clubs. If Scotland keep a second Champions League spot, he suggests it should go to play-offs so clubs outside the Old Firm have a chance to follow in Motherwell’s footsteps.

He said: “They need to get rid of the split. They say it’s more exciting but in England, Wigan have beaten Man United, Arsenal and Newcastle in the past month.

“With play-offs for Europe, someone else might get in. Then the cash could get shared a bit.”

A very short sighted view of things in my opinion. If he thinks that the whole dynamic of the league would change forever if we were hit with these punishments he's kidding himself. He wants the other clubs to whore their arse out and hammer Rangers for a wee slice of revenue for themselves. They would reap the whirlwind of any penalties within a few short years themselves and no cunt would be there to save them.

Sorry why is anyone listening to him? He's a fucking goalkeeper that plays for a shite team, and he thinks he understands the finance and logistics behind the football league? Fuck off. Why does everyone say we deserve punishment? What's the 10 point deduction and the transfer embargo?

His point about a play off for the 2nd CL spot is not only utterly stupid - we play a league and the 2nd best team get the spot, thats the point in a league - but actually without Rangers to keep up the co-efficient will be a mute point anyway. Besides the fact that without us, they will be getting a bigger share of a vastly reduced and possibly even non existant pot. So more great thinking there that proves once more footballers should just keep their traps shut.

His point about a play off for the 2nd CL spot is not only utterly stupid - we play a league and the 2nd best team get the spot, thats the point in a league - but actually without Rangers to keep up the co-efficient will be a mute point anyway. Besides the fact that without us, they will be getting a bigger share of a vastly reduced and possibly even non existant pot. So more great thinking there that proves once more footballers should just keep their traps shut.

Quote If you, and me don't pay our Taxes we get Punished.

Should have read ,if you or I don't pay our Taxes, we get an opportunity to come to an agreement to Pay them .

Stick to Keeping Goal pal. This guy is coming out with some stupid things indeed.Who else is going to keep the co-efficient up? No one .Even the Earls will struggle, and that's being kind.

Has this guy been in a Time warp for the past 3 Seasons .

Brown is the first high-profile player to have a serious say on the matter and insists clubs need to take a stance to revive the ailing SPL

Think he's went for too many balls at the forwards feet - take your stance and we'll revive the SFL you wanker.

can't believe there is four pages of comments replying to this high profile :lol: numpty, he should be concentrating on keeping the ball out the net for Emerald Granite and try finnishing in the top six, before he even mentions the word EUROPE. :rolleyes:

To be fair to the Highland Tattie Muncher, when he said Europe I think he was meaning EWEROPE which is a bondage accesory they use up there to immobilise their sex partners.