Real Radio

Right I know I shouldnt listen but I did briefly.

But on listening a Gers fan phoned in asking if Rangers went Newco ,and resigned from the SFA what was to stop Rangers applying to the Lower Leagues down South.

Anyway he then stated that some guy from the FA did not dismiss it happening, and the FA official stated that they wouldnt allow it whilst the member club was an active member of another association.

The Bear then asked the Two stoodges Roughie and DJ ,if it was possible and Roughie then came out with some crap about border territory, and he thought UEFA would not allow it because of it .

But he didnt quote any rule, number or section, just came out with it, and dismissed it.

Then Roughie started on about cardiff ,and swansea being in the EPL because of some ancient agreement, and then said no other Brittish Clubs play in a League outside their own terrotory apart from those.

Now this is the point when I started screaming at the Radio, shouting Berwick Rangers are an English Team, and in the Scottish League ,and Derry City play in the Filthy League across the Border.

Now what I would like to know is .

Are there any Rules with regards to the Territory crap Roughie is spouting out about ,or are they just fobbing people off with spin, and lies again.

I beg to differ on this, and havent seen any clear evidence which backs his statements up.

Until I can see any Rules on this I refuse to believe them about it.

Can anyone prove this by producing written evidence.

We realy need to start clearing these things up ,as its opened a whole big debate ,and things arent quite clear reference this topic.

Cheers .

I know I am not going to listen any more its driving me crackers ,listening to them spout out a load of pish.

MARIO Monti, the competition commissioner, has rejected claims that a ban on German soccer team Alemannia Aachen's bid to play important UEFA Cup matches in neighbouring Holland is a breach of the Union's anti-trust rules.

The competition chief says that football's governing body UEFA, the Union of European Football Associations, is within its rights to impose restrictions on frontier clubs wishing to play matches in bigger stadia across their borders.

UEFA believes that clubs must play on their home territory, unless there are exceptional circumstances – for example, fears over security.

Otherwise, it claims that its competitions, including the annual Champions League and UEFA Cup tournaments, would be spoiled by clubs ditching their home grounds simply because they can earn more money from hosting a match elsewhere.

German MEP Armin Laschet complained to Monti, insisting that the ruling will stop German club TSV Alemannia Aachen from swapping its tiny stadium for a better ground in nearby Kerkrade, just across the border in Holland, for its forthcoming UEFA Cup matches.

Instead, he argues, it would have to shift its ‘home' games to a bigger German stadium more than 80 kilometres away.

The Christian Democrat said the UEFA rules “re-erect the national barriers which have long since been abolished by European law”.

However, Monti said UEFA is merely “exercizing its legitimate right to self-regulation”. He added the football body is acting in compliance with the EU's strict competition laws, provided its regulations are applied in a non-discriminatory way.

Monti said he has already ruled on a similar case involving Belgian team Excelsior Mouscron, which was prevented from holding a UEFA Cup match against FC Metz in nearby Lille, just across the Wallonia-France border.

Laschet claimed that the Aachen club was forced to find an alternative venue because its home ground “is not equipped with the 80% seating capacity prescribed by UEFA for such international fixtures”. However, UEFA sources insisted that the club's stadium does not fall below its safety standards for European competitions.

These stipulate that grounds must have at least 3,000 seats, with 10-15% available to away supporters.

The UEFA sources said the club was probably forced to find alternative premises by German soccer authorities, who have stricter controls.

http://www.europeanvoice.com/article/imported/monti-backs-uefa-foreign-stadia-rule/50147.aspx

There's nothing preventing us joining as long as we're willing to start in the Blue Square.

Exactly what I believe .

Let me tell you why.

We know Berwick Rangers are English, and Play in the SFL.

But people will say oh wait a minute they can play here because their English but cant if its a Scottish team playing in England.

Well let me just say check out Gretna on wikipeadia .

Their History started of as a Scottish club playing in an English lower teier league ,before applying and being accepted into the SFL.

So it can be done going that way too.

We need proof guys so can we start some research on this cause ,I realy want this fat bunter eating his words .

After all he is eating everything else.

UEFA won't sanction us to resign and join the English set-up. The Welsh teams were members of the English FA prior to Wales having it's own professional league.

I reckon it isn't just the Welsh thing with the English set-up; Wales is not the same to England that Scotland is. If there was a British league we would have a chance, not a chance with an English one.

I think it is totally at the discretion of uefa, and to be honest, they will veto it.

They might let the odd little club transfer between FAs due to financial reasons, but they will not want to set a precedent with someone like us.

They would be terrified that Porto would apply to the Spanish Leagues, Ajax to the German etc.

UEFA won't sanction us to resign and join the English set-up. The Welsh teams were members of the English FA prior to Wales having it's own professional league.

Whats the deal with Berwick and Gretna then? Why allow those two.

I believe Berwick where permitted on Geographical reasons ie in the event they where in the English leagues travelling to Torquey or Exeter.

But the Gretna one why allowed to play in both Leagues?.

Just trawled this from the web about Cardiff City.

In recent years, with Cardiff on the verge of a place in the Premier league, doubts have been cast on the opportunities for Welsh clubs playing in the Football League to qualify for European competitions. The FA had previously stated that they would not nominate Cardiff for a place in Europe should they earn one on the grounds that they don't have the option. However their words were contradicted by a UEFA spokesman saying that Cardiff could play in Europe as European countries are allowed to nominate teams even if they don't play within its boundaries, UEFA president Michel Platini later pledged his support to Cardiff should the FA refuse them entry to European competition, commenting: "If England don't do anything, we will."[16]

Following Platini's statement the FA announced that they would be reviewing their stance on the situation.[17] UEFA also commented on the possibility of the club being given a wild card entry into Europe,[18] but the FA eventually backed down from their previous statement and confirmed that it would allow the club to play in Europe should they win the FA Cup final

I believe Berwick where permitted on Geographical reasons ie in the event they where in the English leagues travelling to Torquey or Exeter.

So here we have a case of the SFA allowing an English club into the Scottish League "to save them travelling expenses" yet that same SFA are happy to punish us over financial difficulties?

MARIO Monti, the competition commissioner, has rejected claims that a ban on German soccer team Alemannia Aachen's bid to play important UEFA Cup matches in neighbouring Holland is a breach of the Union's anti-trust rules.

The competition chief says that football's governing body UEFA, the Union of European Football Associations, is within its rights to impose restrictions on frontier clubs wishing to play matches in bigger stadia across their borders.

UEFA believes that clubs must play on their home territory, unless there are exceptional circumstances – for example, fears over security.

Otherwise, it claims that its competitions, including the annual Champions League and UEFA Cup tournaments, would be spoiled by clubs ditching their home grounds simply because they can earn more money from hosting a match elsewhere.

German MEP Armin Laschet complained to Monti, insisting that the ruling will stop German club TSV Alemannia Aachen from swapping its tiny stadium for a better ground in nearby Kerkrade, just across the border in Holland, for its forthcoming UEFA Cup matches.

Instead, he argues, it would have to shift its ‘home' games to a bigger German stadium more than 80 kilometres away.

The Christian Democrat said the UEFA rules “re-erect the national barriers which have long since been abolished by European law”.

However, Monti said UEFA is merely “exercizing its legitimate right to self-regulation”. He added the football body is acting in compliance with the EU's strict competition laws, provided its regulations are applied in a non-discriminatory way.

Monti said he has already ruled on a similar case involving Belgian team Excelsior Mouscron, which was prevented from holding a UEFA Cup match against FC Metz in nearby Lille, just across the Wallonia-France border.

Laschet claimed that the Aachen club was forced to find an alternative venue because its home ground “is not equipped with the 80% seating capacity prescribed by UEFA for such international fixtures”. However, UEFA sources insisted that the club's stadium does not fall below its safety standards for European competitions.

These stipulate that grounds must have at least 3,000 seats, with 10-15% available to away supporters.

The UEFA sources said the club was probably forced to find alternative premises by German soccer authorities, who have stricter controls.

http://www.europeanvoice.com/article/imported/monti-backs-uefa-foreign-stadia-rule/50147.aspx

I get where your coming with this but these where not members joining another association on a permanent basis .

They where one of uefa cup games.

Which is completly different IMO.

But good points none the less.

Cheers for the research mate.

Why do Oswestry play in the Welsh leagues? Why did Hereford win the Welsh Cup? Why can Vaduz play in Switzerland?

There are obviously exceptions made, but if you think Rangers are on a par with those teams, batter on!

So here we have a case of the SFA allowing an English club into the Scottish League "to save them travelling expenses" yet that same SFA are happy to punish us over financial difficulties?

Yep you better believe it .

It states on wiki they where having money problems at the time too.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why do Oswestry play in the Welsh leagues? Why did Hereford win the Welsh Cup? Why can Vaduz play in Switzerland?

There are obviously exceptions made, but if you think Rangers are on a par with those teams, batter on!

There is no conparison between those you mention and Rangers .

The point is Berwick and Gretna are proffesional clubs Playing in a proffesional league but hey you batter on tae!