Transfers

Barcelona have confirmed that promising forward Cristian Tello has agreed a new contract with the Spanish champions.

The 21-year-old signed a new four-year contract in December last year, having played his way into the first-team reckoning at the Nou Camp.

However, following speculation linking Tello with the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham in the off-season, the Blaugrana have moved to increase his release clause to €25 million.

Tello's new deal will keep him contracted to the club until the end of the 2017/18 season.

The Sabadell-born player, who has represented Spain at various youth levels, made 34 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring eight goals in the process.

He is expected to provide cover for new signing Neymar in the upcoming La Liga campaign.

Don't think he's up to much. Decent option off the bench to stretch teams, though.

He needs to go out on loan as it says he's back up to Neymar. Whens he going to play?

Barca should have sent Tello to say an Ajax where he'd play week in,week out for a fantastic manager in De Boer & kept Villa.

That is why Arsenal are the joke of the transfer window yet again.

Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal can win the Premier League title - even if they fail to lure Luis Suarez from Liverpool.

Wenger's pursuit of Suarez looks to have stalled since the Reds rejected a second improved bid of just over £40m, with boss Brendan Rodgers declaring the Uruguayan to be worth a sum nearer to the £100m touted for Tottenham's Gareth Bale.

The Gunners have signed only France U20 forward Yaya Sanogo on a free transfer but Wenger was defiant when asked if he felt his squad, as it was, could challenge the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.

"Yes, of course. I am confident. Why should I sit here and say to you we can

absolutely not win the title with the players we have?" said Wenger, speaking after Saturday's pre-season 2-2 draw with Napoli in the Emirates Cup.

Wenger refused to talk explicitly about Arsenal's continued attempt to snare Suarez, instead repeating his determination to keep transfer dealings private.

Wenger looking to strengthen

"I never said we have made a bid to Liverpool, now I can tell you we have made one, so at least that is some information. All the rest, I would like to keep to us," the Frenchman added.

"If we progress in that situation, we will inform you. At the moment, that is

where we are. We will treat every transfer with the rules we have always done until now, that is in a fair and respectful way.

"We have one month in front of us and we will work very hard to strengthen our squad, without naming any specific names, because I do not believe that will make negotiations easier.

"I never said we have made a bid to Liverpool (for Luis Suarez), now I can tell you we have made one, so at least that is some information. All the rest, I would like to keep to us."

Arsene Wenger

"When you want to buy any player you need the agreement of the club, of the

player and you need to agree a price, so you need three agreements.

"What is important is we focus on the players we have, that we are not too much drawn into these stories."

Wenger's faith in his current squad looked questionable after some poor first-half defending allowed Lorenzo Insigne and Goran Pandev to put the Italians in command.

Bale is really worth 30/35M. No way is he worth £100M. I'll give Levy his due though, he's some negotiator. But all it takes is Bale to have an average/poor season and I bet they won't get anything over £25M. They should sell him now, and build a decent team to qualify for the champions league and not be just a one man team.