Transfers

You said they'd actually win the league before a ball was even kicked.

I said earlier they could easily mount a title challenge and finish in the top 4 if they ditch 3-5-2 and go 4-2-3-1. Doubt Van Gaal's ego will let him to do it though.

I put £100 on them to win it at 6/1. I gave them £100 basically.

After today Chelsea are favourite for the title. City 2nd man U 3rd

Welbeck signs for Arsenal ,15/16 million long term deal

(undisclosed fee say Arsenal )

Danny Welbeck has joined Arsenal for an undisclosed fee on a long-term deal.

The 23-year-old England international forward joins Arsenal from Manchester United, where he made a total of 90 appearances, scoring 20 goals. Since making his senior debut in 2008, Welbeck has also won 25 England caps.

Welbeck, who can play as a centre forward or a winger, developed through the youth ranks at Man United and during his time at Old Trafford had successful loan spells at Preston North End and Sunderland.

Making his senior England debut in March 2011, Welbeck was in the England squads for both Euro 2012 and the 2014 World Cup.

Welbeck is currently on international duty with England and will then join up with his new Arsenal team-mates to prepare for the Premier League home match against Manchester City on Saturday, September 13.

The transfer is subject to the completion of regulatory formalities. Everyone at Arsenal welcomes Danny to the club and looks forward to his contribution in an Arsenal shirt this season.