Transfers

Fuck me £35 for Aguero is a steal :craphead:

2.Sergio Aguero

£16.6M

Aguero is an Argentine player who plays as striker for Manchester City. He transferred to Manchester city at £35 on 2011. He is the youngest player to debut for Argentine National Player(15 years and 35 days).

Fuck me £35 for Aguero is a steal :craphead:

2.Sergio Aguero

£16.6M

Aguero is an Argentine player who plays as striker for Manchester City. He transferred to Manchester city at £35 on 2011. He is the youngest player to debut for Argentine National Player(15 years and 35 days).

ye was a decent deal. They wanted 40 quid but they wouldnt pay more that £35 :sherlock:

Manchester City have made Yaya Toure the highest earning Premier League player in history.

Toure who joined City in a £24 million deal from Barcelona last week, signed a five-year-deal worth a staggering £55.6m.

Toure will be picking up a basic wage of £185,000 a week before tax but that figure will increase to £221,000 when the Government's 50% tax bracket comes into force.

The Ivory Coast international will also be getting an image rights payment of £1.65m a year plus an additional £823,000 bonus each time City qualify for the Champions League, with an increase of basic wage rising to 15% if City win the English Premier League title.

Since City won the tile last season he is now the highest paid footballer in England is he not?

Toure earns a good few million more than him over the seaosn thus making him the highest paid footballer in England.

The figures don't lie...

but he doesn't mate. He has a higher basic salary that I will give you. With bonuses Rooney has been the highest earner in the league thats a fact, those figures don't lie.

I earn a basic salary in my job I also get bonuses. At the end of the year my yearly earnings aren't my basic salary but my total earnings over the tax year.

Derek's wobbling.

"Oh the bonuses, the bonuses, don't forget the bonuses!"

Its hardly a wobble. I posted links to prove my point. He gave an exert from the Daily Mail. Its still splitting hairs anyway. His original comment is Man U can no longer pay the wages that others can. Which is clearly nonsense. One of their players is the highest earners in world football.

Had he first said "Man U can't/wont pay the huge transfer fees that a couple of other clubs now can" I would agree 100%

Rooney was more.

Its still splitting hairs. An argument cannot be made to say Man U cant affors to pay the wages of others without any facts to back it up.

I'm just an interested onlooker who is asking for the facts. Going by the links you provided as proof, Toure has a £3m advantage. 'Rooney was more' doesn't stand up in my court! :P

I'm just an interested onlooker who is asking for the facts. Going by the links you provided as proof, Toure has a £3m advantage. 'Rooney was more' doesn't stand up in my court! :P

I never stated he didnt earn a lower basic salary. He does. Yet every site you go into states he earns more. Its a side argument anyway from Scottio because he made a point that was nonsense. To say Man U cant pay the wages anymore when they have a number of players earning well over 100k a week is nonsense. For the sake of not getting tied up in the who earns more (which wasnt the point I was defending) lets say it is Toure. That still doesnt mean Man U cant pay the high wages. Rooney is on £250k a week probably only a handfull in the world on more.

but he doesn't mate. He has a higher basic salary that I will give you. With bonuses Rooney has been the highest earner in the league thats a fact, those figures don't lie.

I earn a basic salary in my job I also get bonuses. At the end of the year my yearly earnings aren't my basic salary but my total earnings over the tax year.

This whole debate is on which club has the capability to offer the highest wage. Man City gives Toure more than what Man Utd gives Rooney

I never stated he didnt earn a lower basic salary. He does. Yet every site you go into states he earns more. Its a side argument anyway from Scottio because he made a point that was nonsense. To say Man U cant pay the wages anymore when they have a number of players earning well over 100k a week is nonsense. For the sake of not getting tied up in the who earns more (which wasnt the point I was defending) lets say it is Toure. That still doesnt mean Man U cant pay the high wages. Rooney is on £250k a week probably only a handfull in the world on more.

City also have several players on £150k+ whereas United will only have one or two.

City also have several players on £150k+ whereas United will only have one or two.

I dont disagree with that. That was never the point. He said Man U cant pay the wages that others can. Thats wrong. They clearly can pay it. Rooney is proof of that. The fact that RVP wants £220k a week and Man U are willing to pay it is further proof.

I dont disagree with that. That was never the point. He said Man U cant pay the wages that others can. Thats wrong. They clearly can pay it. Rooney is proof of that. The fact that RVP wants £220k a week and Man U are willing to pay it is further proof.

Yeah but the point I was making with that is that Man Utd can only pay one player that much and this was in a special circumstance after the whole thing with Rooney saying he wanted to leave etc.

When it comes to money City destroy them. I don't see Man Utd adding on a whole other £220k a week to their bill without someone else going out. (As well as a £25m transfer fee,)

Yeah but the point I was making with that is that Man Utd can only pay one player that much and this was in a special circumstance after the whole thing with Rooney saying he wanted to leave etc.

When it comes to money City destroy them. I don't see Man Utd adding on a whole other £220k a week to their bill without someone else going out. (As well as a £25m transfer fee,)

You cant say for a fact they cant pay more players this money. Thats just quess work. Man U if they sign RVP will pay that. Moura and Hazard would have been high earners too. Its not the wages thats the problem its the huge transfer fees that Man U cant/wont go to.