Transfers

Barcelona and Madrid do have the money though, when they want a player they spend what is needed like Fabregas and Ronaldo.

I don't think you can include them with United, just my opinion though.

Do Real have the money to spend?

Iirc they got a loan to buy Beckham,Zidane,Figo,Ronaldo etc to buy these players & then make the money back through merchandise etc to pay off the fee paid?

I cannot agree, David Beckham was/is a fantastic football player and his desire to work, train and better himself is unusual in the modern era.

100%

I was at Preston NE as a youth and beckham was there

He used to work like fuck after traibibg and back then you saw the professionalism he had at an early age

I was under 16 at the time and only caught glimpses of him after we finished but he used to stay for at least an hour every day firing balls from the halfway line and trying to hit the bar

Wish I knew how big he would become and I'd have tried to speak to him

100%

I was at Preston NE as a youth and beckham was there

He used to work like fuck after traibibg and back then you saw the professionalism he had at an early age

I was under 16 at the time and only caught glimpses of him after we finished but he used to stay for at least an hour every day firing balls from the halfway line and trying to hit the bar

Wish I knew how big he would become and I'd have tried to speak to him

Decent, you don't by chance happen to know my mate Graeme Demspie who was there roughly the same time as you I think?

Not for me. The hype surrounding him resulted in his obvious deficiencies being ignored. Decent player, but no more.

Is it? He sold papers, so got an easy ride from those who benefitted. For a perfect example of their pish one only has to look at the clamour to have him included in the Great Britain Olympic squad.

When Beckham was at his peak there were far better midfielders players around imo like Figo, Zidane, Giggs, Scholes ect. The reason I believe he went to Madrid and other clubs for so much £ was his name, he was a global brand and shirt sales would pay for his transfer fees alone. I think it's reasonable to assume he wouldn't feature in a first 11 of players Europe wide at that time.

lol Im not buying it. The guy played for United 265 times, averaged 30 games a season for Real in 4 years and has 115 caps to his name. A decent player ffs. Did England pick him to sell shirts? You don't play at Real Madrid for 4 years just to sell shirts. They have no problem selling shirts. Not to mention Barc where desperate to sign him.

Yes there was better midfielders about but he was still very good not decent.

Beckham during his peak was one of the best right-sided midfielders in the world, if not the best. He was also one of the best free-kick takers in the world. To call him a decent player would be an insult to the man. David beckham may not have been blessed with pace and direction. Sure he wasn't the greatest at beating a man but his passing range was up there with the best. Beckham is everything the younger player should aim to be.

lol Im not buying it. The guy played for United 265 times, averaged 30 games a season for Real in 4 years and has 115 caps to his name. A decent player ffs. Did England pick him to sell shirts? You don't play at Real Madrid for 4 years just to sell shirts. They have no problem selling shirts. Not to mention Barc where desperate to sign him.

Yes there was better midfielders about but he was still very good not decent.

I'm not going to argue over semantics, ffs. :D

Phil Neville made 263 appearances over the same time period. Does that put them on an even keel? :P

Of course Real Madrid sign certain players to sell their strips. They are not immune to marketing their club. Their Galacticos policy greatly increased their commercial revenue but failed to bring such returns on the field of play.

Using England as a line of excellence is laughable. Successive managers bowed to public pressure by continuing to pick him and he was given plenty of caps when he wasn't contributing to the team football-wise. It's not a unique occurence within team sport.

Beckham during his peak was one of the best right-sided midfielders in the world, if not the best. He was also one of the best free-kick takers in the world. To call him a decent player would be an insult to the man. David beckham may not have been blessed with pace and direction. Sure he wasn't the greatest at beating a man but his passing range was up there with the best. Beckham is everything the younger player should aim to be.

100% spot on. Ive never seen a post I agree with more.

I'm not going to argue over semantics, ffs. :D

Phil Neville made 263 appearances over the same time period. Does that put them on an even keel? :P

Of course Real Madrid sign certain players to sell their strips. They are not immune to marketing their club. Their Galacticos policy greatly increased their commercial revenue but failed to bring such returns on the field of play.

Using England as a line of excellence is laughable. Successive managers bowed to public pressure by continuing to pick him and he was given plenty of caps when he wasn't contributing to the team football-wise. It's not a unique occurence within team sport.

Real madrid and Barca didnt enter into a tug of war with Phil Neville :lol: must be because he was an ugly cunt (tu)

As much as I agree that clubs sign certain players to help market the club, they dont however make them a first team regular if they are just decent.

Real madrid and Barca didnt enter into a tug of war with Phil Neville :lol: must be because he was an ugly cunt (tu)

As much as I agree that clubs sign certain players to help market the club, they dont however make them a first team regular if they are just decent.

So it's all down to me using 'decent' to describe him. (tu)

Mancini unhappy with City's transfer policy :matron:I hope he doesn't get sacked for this.

He's unhappy with the guy that deals with the transfers at City, Brian Marwood.

Can't blame him for being unhappy. The poor wee lamb has only had about a billion to spend. What the fuck you mean to do with that pocket change?

That's what I thought too.

He's got a £500 odd squad at his disposal. How much more does he need? :lol:

probably more than £500 quid mate :lol:

on a serious note though. WTF has he got to moan about. Can you imagine what Jose, SAF or even SWS could do with that amount of money? :drool:

probably more than £500 quid mate :lol:

on a serious note though. WTF has he got to moan about. Can you imagine what Jose, SAF or even SWS could do with that amount of money? :drool:

Typos :anguish:

I'm not sure. Maybe he's worried that his£130 million pound worth of strikers just isn't enough to get him through a season :BELM:

I'd bring in another centre back in fairness, Savic was a nightmare when they were forced to play him.

I think that's the one position that they need to fill.

Kompany is top drawer, but I think they could improve on Richards, Lescott & Koulo Toure. Savic is awful though. No idea why they even signed him :lol:

I think Agger would be a good foil for Kompany, but he can't stay fit for long enough.

Typos :anguish:

I'm not sure. Maybe he's worried that his£130 million pound worth of strikers just isn't enough to get him through a season :BELM:

Need at least another 3 strikers IMO :lol:

the thing about City is they have a ton of players all around the same level of ability. They would be better selling most of them and get a good solid 18 players with a few good youth players.