Wheres the £1.5m coming from?

gersandy

It was reported a while back we are operating at a £1.5 a month loss.

If Green completes his takeover, and agrees a cva; id like to hear his opinion on where hes going to save this amount from?

As optimistic as i am about Green, and he seems genuine. Personally, i think the worst is still to come for us bears. And the next 3 or 4 years is going to be my worst as a fan of The Rangers.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing players will be asked to renegotiate their contracts if they wish to stay otherwise they'll be moved on in the summer.

We can all hope the new owners will fund the shortfall but I can't see it and not sure from a business point of view I'd want them to continue down that path.

. And the next 3 or 4 years is going to be my worst as a fan of The Rangers.

The best times to support a club is when times are hard. These are the times when you can trust the people around you every week.

Any cunt can follow a winning team.

Macgregor earning £100k a month, Davis earning around the same, Naismith on about £75k. Even with all our high earners it doesnt save £1.5m.

I expect he'll look to us to make up the shortfall.

Dont get me wrong, im not all doom and gloom. Im just glad Rangers are looking safe now.

Macgregor earning £100k a month, Davis earning around the same, Naismith on about £75k. Even with all our high earners it doesnt save £1.5m.

I expect he'll look to us to make up the shortfall.

Dont get me wrong, im not all doom and gloom. Im just glad Rangers are looking safe now.

Yeah wages are one saving but transfer fee’s in the millions will also be counted for and with this embargo we cannot spend any so it would go straight to keeping the club running.

We could easily get around £10 million from selling Greggs, Davis, Naismith, Whittaker and Edu if we HAD to.

The best times to support a club is when times are hard. These are the times when you can trust the people around you every week.

Very true, look at Dundee utd and the sheeps attendances when they were winning the league/doing well, now look at them. I'm confident though our loyal supporters will stick with it no matter how hard it gets, I will be anyway. Cost cutting measures have to be taken, and that will most likely involve wage cuts or the departure of players unfortunately, but at this moment in time we should all just be greatfull we are still a club.

Is there anywhere I could get a list of the player's wages apart from Football Manager?

I'm not sure whether to trust it or not.

Nobody really knows EXACTLY how much players are on. Football manager bases wages on players abilities importance to the team.

The £10m loss per year was a fanciful number. It was based on our season book revenue against our expenses.

In reality our revenue is never £35m per year so the cuts will not be as deep as Craig Whyte made out and subsequently everyone has hung onto.

Although it suits the new owner to perpetuate the myth as it lowers the fans expectations.

Agreed, any fan who walks away if it is at the point we're not challenging for the league can never really say they were a true fan.

The £10m loss per year was a fanciful number. It was based on our season book revenue against our expenses.

In reality our revenue is never £35m per year so the cuts will not be as deep as Craig Whyte made out and subsequently everyone has hung onto.

Although it suits the new owner to perpetuate the myth as it lowers the fans expectations.

Erm, it is you know. That's the cost base left to us by our previous board, you know the one, they claim credit for all sorts of great things. :disappointment:

Top earners will either be sold on or have to renegotiate their contracts to cut the wages bill.

If there is one thing that is causing almost every team to run at a loss it's the salary that players are on.

Even the EPL teams with the greatly enhanced income, they get for their TV rights, can't balance the books.

Well said mate you have hit the fucking nail on the fucking head. (tu)

Steven Whittaker 20k a week, Lafferty 16k a week, McCulloch 16k a week, Alexander 13k a week.

We have players on wages completely unrealistic to what they are actually worth

Are those last two for real? Absolutely no idea either where on anywhere near that much.