Division 3 Attendance

gary1

It pains me to say this, but IMO crowds will go down.

Yes Rangers have a massive following, but in these financial times perhaps only the hardcore will go.

I would still expect crowds in excess of 30k each week though.

Perhaps initially, as a defiance thing, but we’ve struggled to get 30k for CL matches in recent years.

Once the storm had settled we’d get 15-20k. Probably lower end.

I guess it would also depend on pricing, will people really pay SPL prices for instance to watch us rip the pish out of East Fife or Albion Rovers and thats me assuming we would do that of course. I reckon for the first wee while people would flock to Ibrox just out of sheer defiance and bloodymindedness but eventually perhaps crowds would drop to around 25-30k possibly less.

Perhaps initially, as a defiance thing, but we’ve struggled to get 30k for CL matches in recent years.

Once the storm had settled we’d get 15-20k. Probably lower end.

Depends what the cost would be. If CL prices, then very low crowds

Depends what the cost would be. If CL prices, then very low crowds

Everyone wants to pay the same prices so that we'll be cash rich once we burn our way through the divisions, I though?

If prices are adjusted it may once again open Rangers up to the masses.

Taking kids to the game is frighteningly expensive and with some imaginative marketing, Rangers could counter smaller crowds with more kids and families.

OK they might not make as much on the tickets but they would have a bigger captive audience for the catering and merchandise. (Which I gather is now ours again)

I realise there is a balance between pay as you go and season books but like I said, thats where the imaginative stuff comes in.

We should also look at the possibility of playing some of our away games at Ibrox. I don't know if the rules allow it, but a wee team could make a lot of money from it.

I think we'd be packed for the first few games but that would slowly pass, I reckon we'd be about 10-12k.

that is untill we got ourselves back to the spl (if it even exists without us) then the rest of them would come back as if they were never away.

I think the first season we would get not far off we have now out of the support for us and people renewing their season tickets. It will be year 2 where i would expect to see a drop in ST sales when people have got bored.

It is going to be a nightmare to get away tickets though, some of these grounds are tiny.

I think the first season we would get not far off we have now out of the support for us and people renewing their season tickets. It will be year 2 where i would expect to see a drop in ST sales when people have got bored.

It is going to be a nightmare to get away tickets though, some of these grounds are tiny.

Was easy enough getting them for Arbroath this season, there were hundreds on sale outside, and these stadiums are much the same size.