Can't Rangers apply to join England

Gers1690

425 members have voted

1. 1. For or Against Rangers joining English football league if possible

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the 300th time this has been raised now? Can't happen as UEFA won't sanction it and there is no history of this h*ppening before. You also need the permissuion of the SFA and FA before you approach UEFA, I think we all know how the SFA wull vote!

UEFA don't have a say, and now neither do the SFA/SPL we are no longer members of their system, well when the newco is made anyway. The only people that would have say are the Football League.

I voted for it, just for the fact id like to see man city, chelsea, newcastle, arsenal, etc at ibrox.

BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN MY LIFETIME!

England dont want us, from the ryman league, to the conference, to the english league. Its a closed door. Theres a million reasons why it wont happen.

Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, and Newport play in the english league. But this is only possible because english and welsh governments are intertwined.

The only chance we ever have is if we take over an english club, and merge with them. Is that what we want though? A double barrelled name for our glorious club?

Were the GLASGOW RANGERS. We run the show in Scotland, and have done for years.

What would be the legal case for refusing Rangers entry to the English league system when Welsh clubs are in it? the Welsh clubs may have been in it from the start but that should have no relevance to Ramgers applying, as others have said the newco Rangers company is not affiliated to the SFA there permission then is surely not needed, if we apply and are refused, take it to the European Court, precedent exists already so why not at least push it all the way, what have we got to lose?

I would love it to happen but don't overestimate our ability to increase attendances at away games.

facing a long costly trip south of the border every second game I can't see our support being able to keep that up for long.

The only financial boost for the English clubs would maybe be more tv money.

What would be the legal case for refusing Rangers entry to the English league system when Welsh clubs are in it? the Welsh clubs may have been in it from the start but that should have no relevance to Ramgers applying, as others have said the newco Rangers company is not affiliated to the SFA there permission then is surely not needed, if we apply and are refused, take it to the European Court, precedent exists already so why not at least push it all the way, what have we got to lose?

Scotlands a devolved country.

England have made it clear they dont wan't us, why would they...Manchester says it all.

Attention seeking wee loner. Do something constructive with all that spare time you have, you giro sponging bastard. Btw Celtic have had just as many people arrested in England.

Scotlands a devolved country.

A devolved administration yes, but not a sovereign state, it is part of the United Kingdom which is a sovereign state. Surely its discrimination to block a team from entering a league due to its geographic location within that sovereign state. Too much small time thinking goes on sometimes, if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it.

A devolved administration yes, but not a sovereign state, it is part of the United Kingdom which is a sovereign state. Surely its discrimination to block a team from entering a league due to its geographic location within that sovereign state. Too much small time thinking goes on sometimes, if you want something bad enough you have to fight for it.

But it isnt the brittish premier league, or the uk football conference. Its the ENGLISH football league.

I know people will shoot me down about cardiff/swansea. But they're different, english and welsh law sits differently to scots law. Its far too complicated for me to explain in a short paragraph on here. But have just as much luck getting into La Liga.

first post , bottom line is manchester, cant turn the clock back.

And hopefully the last post as well.

Oh just noticed it says you have done 2 posts.

Easy mistake so I will help you count.

One potato, two potato............ and so on.

Good luck with the learning