Rhys McCabe

rangersxfc

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never pictured McCabe leaving, I can handle the likes of Boca, Goian and other non Rangers supporting higher earners leaving but I hoped to see the likes of McCabe and our other talented youngsters playing regularly and building a team for the future around them.

The thing is what team is McCabe going to walk into and get 1st team football? He won't get it in England or at the Taigs.

He was virtually given a starting place at Rangers given we are going to have to cut costs next season and since it's looking like division 1 would it be such a bad move given he would be back in the top division within a year?

Why do all these promo shots with Sandy about 72 and the new top when in your mind you are thinking about jumping ship?

I don't buy any of the 'Rangers men' talk from players (Jig appart) as when push comes to shove it matters not a jot it seems.

Decent young player.

Had one good game against 9 man Celtic. Had a 'mare against them at their place and was hooked - fuck all that stands out from him this season.

If he wasn't to go then fine. If he wants to go to Celtic, then fuck him.

Bad idea for him. He's only just started to get games for us and has an almost guaranteed 1st team place next season in which he can develop

Im what league though? Third division?

If we go there, there is no chance of many if any of our players staying.

These are professional footballers aiming for the top of the sport.

Playing for Rangers is not top of the sport, especially if we're in the third divison.

Good luck to him, I expect more to go, and good luck to them.

We are more than a collection of players, there will be more Rangers in the blue jerseys after these players.

If he wants to leave he should have said we pulled him out of obscurity he had only played few games and probably would be guaranteed first team football at Rangers and we put him on all the F****** posters as like the future and he's off, dissapointing ah well enjoy the bench somewhere Rhys :sleep1:

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere?

This morning the rumour seemed to be that up to eight players refused to transfer over to Newco.

Is this just more rubbish from the Scottish press? I would have thought if they knew there were more players why only name two? it would be a shame if McCabe was getting a wee bit of stick when we don't even know if he has refused.

Remember Danny Wilson? two seasons ish at Liverpool hardly kicked a ball, shunted to Blackpool and hardly played, he might have a little bit of money but he aint playing football and has no medals ( he would have been a fixture in our defence and a full international of standing if he was still around) if thats the aspirations of young footballers crack on son, enjoy your Saturdays 50 miles up the road and two divisions down from the promises that your (now rich) agent filled your head.

The thing is what team is McCabe going to walk into and get 1st team football? He won't get it in England or at the Taigs.

He was virtually given a starting place at Rangers given we are going to have to cut costs next season and since it's looking like division 1 would it be such a bad move given he would be back in the top division within a year?

Why do all these promo shots with Sandy about 72 and the new top when in your mind you are thinking about jumping ship?

I don't buy any of the 'Rangers men' talk from players (Jig appart) as when push comes to shove it matters not a jot it seems.

I think big Lee is the only one who will stay. I've given him stick for being pish but at least he has proven over the last six months that he really cares and is a true Rangers fan. Ally needs another 10 boys with the same attitude!!

Rhys is a talented young player. I hope he reconsiders. He could be one of the foundations of the Rangers team for the foreseeable future if he stays.

If you do leave the club that has brought you through the ranks Rhys don't join the scum (although that term could be referred to the other 10 SPL teams too).

I had hoped these youngsters would bring us back to the SPL in record quick time. Hopefully Ness, Cole, Perry, Hemmings and the like show more loyalty.

It's disgusting if confirmed as true, and completely beyond the realms of morality if he joins the taigs! If it were my son I would tell him the taigs was one step too far, at an emotionally charged time this young lad would be burdened with insurmountable pressure that would make the Mojo incident seem a distant and obscure memory! I would not wish that on my son. If he is not transferring but does not sign immediately for another team could he be the catalyst for player power to force Green to reconsider the Wattie offer?

Big mistake young man,would have undoubtably been a regular next season now he has the choice of carving out a career in the spl or the lower English leagues,or moving to a big club and rotting on the bench with his career stagnating ala Danny Wilson.

Disappointing from a self confessed Rangers fan when the club have put so much into his development,greed seems to have taken hold of young Rhys I fear it will be to the detriment of his career. :anguish:

he is not as good as people are making out,imo will not make it in TOP CLASS football.

Shame and worrying to see one of our own youngsters deserting us. He had it all to gain. Will probably go by way of Liam Miller. It's bad to see how much even our homegrown players think of our league and club now. There's no respect for the national team either. Our old England players like Terry Butcher probably have more loyalty to the club. Think it's just the money and supposed glamour of down south.