Transfer suggestion list

breaking the no former gers players rule id take back, mo ross, alan gow, leven, g.mckenzie, and m.andrews.

after watching that legends game i reckon laudrup & mols could still cut in in div 3 too!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize if we go to Div 3 we will lose most our squad with only the lower youth players still here and maybe Jig.

I think some are failing to grasp what this actually means....

Just clarifying my post, not sure what you want me to say. I was talking about Div 1 you seem to think I was talking about Div 3.

If we go to Division 3 and sign players who are SPL challenging level and pay them accordingly. we'll be back in admin in a few months.

Our young players with a few experienced bodies thrown in.

As we move up, our young playes gain in experienece, we ship the experienced bodies, and top up the squad. After 3 seasons our youngsters should be flying and we just need a few signings to bolster the squad.

Couldnt agree more.

Just clarifying my post, not sure what you want me to say. I was talking about Div 1 you seem to think I was talking about Div 3.

You were talking about Div 3 though.....

nimrod, on 05 July 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Read my post mate. I said if we were in Div 1. Agree that Div 3 is a different proposition, we wouldn't even need eleven players to win that.

You seem to think we wouldn't need 11 players to win Div 3 which is a crazy statement to make and one which made me think you don't fully understand what we are facing here.

You were talking about Div 3 though.....

nimrod, on 05 July 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Read my post mate. I said if we were in Div 1. Agree that Div 3 is a different proposition, we wouldn't even need eleven players to win that.

You seem to think we wouldn't need 11 players to win Div 3 which is a crazy statement to make and one which made me think you don't fully understand what we are facing here.

If you think that I was seriously suggesting playing a team with less than eleven players I think you should seek help.

I'll type slowly for you one last time in the hopes that you can understand this.

My point is that if we end up in Div 1 we should be fielding a team that's near enough ready to go into the SPL and stand a chance. Some of the suggestions do not fit into that category IMHO. If we go into Div 3 there is not the same need for the same quality for a couple of seasons.

I'm done now. Not arguing with you any more.

If you think that I was seriously suggesting playing a team with less than eleven players I think you should seek help.

I'll type slowly for you one last time in the hopes that you can understand this.

My point is that if we end up in Div 1 we should be fielding a team that's near enough ready to go into the SPL and stand a chance. Some of the suggestions do not fit into that category IMHO. If we go into Div 3 there is not the same need for the same quality for a couple of seasons.

I'm done now. Not arguing with you any more.

So you denied you were going on about Div 3 then you say you were talking about it tounge in cheek? Well which is then...

If We are in Div 1 we will be playing a team of that standard because we cannot budget for an SPL team because we won't have the income stream or revenue to sustain an SPL budget......

Doing what you are saying would put is back in administration ffs.

Bryan Prunty, Dumbarton striker. Watched him over the past few seasons, good finisher. Goal to game ratio past two seasons has been decent and he wouldnt cost alot. Could do a job for us.

Hes a tarrier.

Gie's a break lads. We need men who can takes us back into the SPL and keep us there and make a challenge. If we play Div 1 then we should treat it as if we are in the SPL.

If we go to Div 3 then maybe we can do it with make weights for a couple of years.

So you denied you were going on about Div 3 then you say you were talking about it tounge in cheek? Well which is then...

If We are in Div 1 we will be playing a team of that standard because we cannot budget for an SPL team because we won't have the income stream or revenue to sustain an SPL budget......

Doing what you are saying would put is back in administration ffs.

Try reading the original post.

Div 1, I think we need a semi decent squad.

Div 3, not so bothered.

You seem to have wrongly assumed I was advocating the need for a quality squad in Div 3. I wasn’t and I didn’t deny talking about Div 3 but I was talking about Div 1 when I said that we should view the squad on the basis of a return to the SPL in one year if that’s where we end up.

This seems to be causing you an inordinate amount of worry. Take a chill pill mate.

So people want us to buy our way out of trouble?

Isn't that what got us here in the first place?

We have 13 players. Look at the list it's hardly the galacticos. We need a few experienced guys to play alongside our youth and our loyal 12s

Tom Hateley

Murray Davidson (might be away to Bristol City though)

That big Jones guy that played for Hibs a few year ago at centre half.

Skacel

Who was the Caley Thistle winger that turned Whittaker insideout when we played them at Ibrox this year? He looked good.