Walter Does Not Blame Players For Leaving

minstral

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hand on heart? i would've stayed. I don't respect Watties opinion here at all. Rangers gave everything to those guys, including Naismith....yet he goes without repaying the treatment he got for his leg break.

Traitors then, Traitors now, Traitors forever.

true they are traitors they fucked over our :uk: great club :rangers:

No one would have criticised the players if they had come back and then left allowing the club a fee in the process.

They did not - for one reason only: for more hard cash in their bank accounts.

100% Correct!

If I was a player I would have stayed. So I have the right to criticise the players according to Walter.

So I will: Those leaving who claimed to be Bears abandoned the fans and Ally for money.

Not to play in Europe, not to further their careers, not because the club didn't want them.

Sheer greed and cowardice.

In fairness, I don't blame the players for walking. But some of their earlier tub-thumping about how they loved the club has left them open to the criticism that they have received.

:rolleyes:

If they were not getting a wage I could understand a desire to leave, but these players were due to go back to 100% salary.

For what they did during the last couple of years, I have nothing but praise. But, Leaving as they did though, paints a cloud over what the gave up for us just so they can try and chase what will ultimately turn out to be a nightmare for most of them in the English Premier League.

join the new co ! but say you want a transfer and at least give the club some money , ie act like real rangers men ??????

I am a bit dissapointed with what Walter is saying about those who left us in the lurch.

McGregor was the biggy for me , he surprised me .

The fact they left wasnt the issue, but the circumstances and the timing of them going was the issue. We had 20 milion quids worth walk out the door it wont be forgoten.

And when people who say its ok to be a selfish cunt then I worry for society.

As i said earlier about this situation, players moving because its a short career , as Richard Gough said is shite . A short career is a poor squadie coming back from Afghanistan with loss of limbs , not some spoiled football player leaving our club.They where Twats for doing it, and Walter just stop being so nice with these cants.

The only guy i don't blame for leaving is Ortiz cause he couldn't adapt to the Scottish game everyone else like Davis, Naismith, Lafferty and McCabe RANGERS MEN i blame them for leaving as they are suppose to be Rangers fans and have took the cowards way out of things

"If you can put your hand on your heart and say 'No, I'd have stayed', you're quite entitled to go ahead and criticise them."

No problem.....I'll go right ahead and criticise them. Fucking slimy lying dogs. Dirty sewer rat bastards. Traitors. Backstabbers. Cowards.

Cheers for the advice Walter.

Walter's made his living for years working in the game of football therefore for him whatever his love for rangers its only natural that he would maybe see those jumping ship differently than the supporters of the club . For players , coaches, physio's , kitmen or whatever there are so very few out there that can see past the idea of it ultimately being a job & feel the same love or passion that the everyday or supporter does. Fortunately for all those that have quit , rangers is lucky enough to have some people associated with it that get the club and that's to the credit of the club and the individuals involved.

They should have all transferred to the newco then left and at least then the club they care so much about would have recieved money at least but Naismith really gets to me he's injured for half his rangers career but still got paid fully to faced

The players wern't being sold into slavery their wages were guaranteed to remain 100%. as well as their conditions.

They should have stayed and then been transferred at a fee. Everyone would have gained including Rangers.

The players did moved for their own greed ,and as much as I hate to say it .....Walter is wrong.

Aye, Walter is wrong. All the players are money grabbing traitors.

Mr Green has the law on his side, and we will be compensated for our losses. So he keeps saying.

The truth is, if they had all transferred over, we would be looking at another admin within 3 months. Not part of the greater plan, im afraid.

Around 1 million a month in wages off our books can only be beneficial to who? The fans? Rangers? Or Charlie boy? The man is a genius to come away from the player fiasco smelling of roses.

The players didnt trust him, otherwise at least 2 or 3 would have transferred over if only to get us a fee. I refuse to believe that they all just wanted to shaft us for money. They could have come over and sat on their contract and leave on bosmans eventually anyway. Something stinks.

The players didnt trust him, otherwise at least 2 or 3 would have transferred over if only to get us a fee. I refuse to believe that they all just wanted to shaft us for money. They could have come over and sat on their contract and leave on bosmans eventually anyway. Something stinks.

Why would they want to sit out their contracts when Premiership clubs are in for them, You dont really think the players left and then found clubs? Naimsmith and co knew exactly what they were doing and Everton fans had been saying since the end of May Naismith was going there.

Why would they want to sit out their contracts when Premiership clubs are in for them, You dont really think the players left and then found clubs? Naimsmith and co knew exactly what they were doing and Everton fans had been saying since the end of May Naismith was going there.

Of course clubs tried to tap them up. That happens with all players at all clubs, not just clubs in our situation. Im just saying in theory, they could have made just as much money in the long run. The common thought is that all 10 were just greedy bastards. I think it goes a bit deeper than that.

Charlie thinks we all zip up the back with his talk of legal action and writing letters to every english prem and championship club. Overwhelming legal opinion is that the players had a right to move.

The players are getting a rough ride from us. I think Walter is just pointing out that maybe everything isnt as it seems, but in his usual diplomatic way.

Of course clubs tried to tap them up. That happens with all players at all clubs, not just clubs in our situation. Im just saying in theory, they could have made just as much money in the long run. The common thought is that all 10 were just greedy bastards. I think it goes a bit deeper than that.

Charlie thinks we all zip up the back with his talk of legal action and writing letters to every english prem and championship club. Overwhelming legal opinion is that the players had a right to move.

The players are getting a rough ride from us. I think Walter is just pointing out that maybe everything isnt as it seems, but in his usual diplomatic way.

I think you're on the wrong forum,just in a diplomatic way :)

I think you're on the wrong forum,just in a diplomatic way :)

Aye, because im bothered that 20 million just walked out the door for nothing, it makes me a taig. The fact people trust an english business man over people that sweated blood for us makes me despair.

Why dont you try answer what you think would have happened if everyone transferred over and we had to pay the wages? Whos bin does that come out of?

None of the players trusted him. Time will tell i suppose. Looking forward to the court cases against them.

Aye, Walter is wrong. All the players are money grabbing traitors.

Mr Green has the law on his side, and we will be compensated for our losses. So he keeps saying.

The truth is, if they had all transferred over, we would be looking at another admin within 3 months. Not part of the greater plan, im afraid.

Around 1 million a month in wages off our books can only be beneficial to who? The fans? Rangers? Or Charlie boy? The man is a genius to come away from the player fiasco smelling of roses.

So walking away and getting a signing on fee and doubling their wages would not have anything to do with it, they wont be remembered for anything other than jumping ship but the people who stay will be remembered just because they did.

Walter has a nerve to be pointing that out considering he and his 'group' walked away after less than a week with one pathetic bid made, really must be concerned eh?

None of them had problems signing contracts under Murray and Whyte, I highly doubt the players have suddenly become so intelligent and suspicious that they were afraid of new ownership.

An official transfer request along with the agents no doubt having already looked around for clubs would have got them out easily and quickly enough, you really think we were going to hold out for unreasonable number of millions? 250k would be good for us in this situation, and their contracts would have been honoured for the short time they stayed as the contracts of those that did stay are being honoured now. I don't blame Green at all for not feeling he had to beg them and arrange urgent meetings amidst all the other shit, it's not like any of them were in Ibrox banging down Green and Malcolm Murray's office doors were they?

No, they took the greedy and cowardly way out, wanting their big signing on fees, that's all they'd have missed out on by staying and letting us get money. Footballers are like that often so you're being naive to think that 10 of them can't be the same. Lee Wallace showed it's very much possible to stay, sadly most aren't like him.