Di Stefano makes offer

TheCopland

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right. I thought that was the newco name, was getting a bit confused there haha.

The original plan was to rename Sevco as "The Rangers", but seemingly no one noticed that the "The" was part of the OldCo name ... I could be mistaken but I think Sevco is struggling to come up with an alternative company name.

If Di Stefano is going to offer Green to purchase the oldco and merge the two back now that FA membership is confirmed that would be very clever.

However HMRC have said they wanted the oldco liquidated in order to persue Murray and Whyte so there's no way he would be successful in buying the oldco surely?

If Di Stefano is going to offer Green to purchase the oldco and merge the two back now that FA membership is confirmed that would be very clever.

However HMRC have said they wanted the oldco liquidated in order to persue Murray and Whyte so there's no way he would be successful in buying the oldco surely?

Or less he has folk willing to invest a couple of hundred million!

His thinking seems to be very confused. He seems to believe that he can purchase the OldCo and exit Administration sans a CVA and then subsequently pay off the creditors out of the huge profits made from playing in the English league system. I doubt that anyone is taking him very seriously.

What the actual fuck is going on with this guy? He wants to buy £135mil worth of debt for £1? This is up there with Blue Nose the clown.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4193406/Clown-email-gaffe-is-no-joke-for-fans.html

doh

Where does it say oldco Rangers have £135 million of debt.

It's not going to happen - but what he hopes to happen is he buys the Oldco which he thinks still has a claim to play in the English League. He would then lease Ibrox from it's owner - Sevco. He doesn't plan having one Rangers in Scotland and one in England. He will likely work with Charles Green. They both know the money that will become available if Rangers do manage to play in the English League and then EPL (although they still have to win their way up and it won't be as easy down there).

As I say it isn't going to happen. I personally think that to remain the member of any association will require some kind of nominal payment at the start of each season. When Rangers failed to make their payment in any season then the FA membership will have lapsed. He is mad but a genius nonetheless. He won't get anywhere with this. He was even trying to get one share in the Oldco which he insisted he MUST pay for - he could not be GIFTED the share. This is a lawyer in high profile legal cases - yet he has no formal legal qualifications in any country (as I understand things).

Where does it say oldco Rangers have £135 million of debt.

My apologies mate, I have been reading tabloids and the been for far to long its sticking in my head. Still oldco Rangers has over £20mil of debt, surely he would take this on if he bought it?

My apologies mate, I have been reading tabloids and the been for far to long its sticking in my head. Still oldco Rangers has over £20mil of debt, surely he would take this on if he bought it?

He would be taking on liabilities of up to £135 million. The tabloids and other media outlets use the term "up to" so that they can use the £135 million figure knowing that some will miss its significance.

So what does this mean for us? A reitergrating of oldco and newco and entry to the holy grail of English league football? Or a totaly new club based in England and with no relevance to Rangers FC? Im so fucking confused with all this.

In basic terms what Di Stefano is offering... It's a new club based in England, with the Rangers badge stuck on it.

He would be taking on liabilities of up to £135 million. The tabloids and other media outlets use the term "up to" so that they can use the £135 million figure knowing that some will miss its significance.

Thats all well and true. But that still doesn't explain why he is doing it?!?!

There has been no final judgement on the BTC so these blogs are talking shite.

The debt level is an unknown until that is sorted, if it ever is.

:21: Absolutely.. It will be killed off with the soon to be liquidation..