SFL vote Rangers into Division Three

Creampuff

Div 3 is what we expected and not surprised by the number of voted against D1.

The ball is now in the court of the SFA/SPL who will be absolutely shiting themselves with the prospect of a reduced tv deal, a huge gulf in each clubs revenue and teams being unable to pay their player wages in full and on time. Be careful what you wish for as they say!

One thing guaranteed is that our first game at home will have upwards of 45,000 not only as a sign of our loyalty and dedication to the cause, but as a huge GIRUY to the rest of Scottish football.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHARLES GREEN

"We are grateful to be accepted as members of the SFL and accept their decision to vote us into Division 3.

"It is a matter of regret for all of us involved with Rangers that the issues surrounding the club resulted in the SFL and its members being placed in a very difficult position not of their own making.

"From the outset, we made clear we would play where we were told to play and we just want to get back to playing football.

"This decision maintains the sporting integrity that clubs and fans across Scotland have been calling for but it also impacts massively on Scottish football as a whole and only time will tell what the consequences will be.

"Rangers has been handed the ultimate punishment of starting again from the bottom of the leagues but there is an overwhelming feeling among fans and within the club of 'wiping the slate clean' as a club free of sanctions.

"The people who brought shame on this great club are no longer part of it and everyone at Rangers is focused on rebuilding the club on top of a solid financial foundation.

"We wish to play a constructive part in Division 3 and encourage our fans to support the other clubs within the league by attending matches and delivering to them the benefits of having Rangers within their league. "

"We have been greatly encouraged by the number of supporters who have committed to buying season tickets no matter where we ended up playing and I personally want to thank them for their continued loyalty to the club.

"We are a football club and we just want to get back to playing football. Now is the time to move on and start afresh."

"Our task to rebuild the club will take longer now but we are committed to the job and fully believe we will bring success back to Rangers. "

Aye but what about the fukkin DEEDS?

Why would we take on Stranraer's fixtures?

I was hoping we would get to play them. An easy away trip there for me.

They were the losing team in the Play-offs so they will be the ones promoted to fill the space in Division 2.

Why would we take on Stranraer's fixtures?

I was hoping we would get to play them. An easy away trip there for me.

As they lost the play-off final for Div 2, we take their place in the league and they go up to Div 2 (tu)

ALLY McCOIST

"I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL.

"Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.

"I fully supported the fans views that starting again in Division 3 maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on.

"The SPL clubs and the SFA have made their positions clear over the last few weeks and it remains to be seen what the long-term effects of their decisions will be.

"Rangers has been severely punished for the actions of some individuals who previously ran the club and it will take time for us to recover but we will come back stronger thanks to the loyalty of the fans and the commitment of everyone at Ibrox who are working tirelessly to bring stability and success back to Rangers.

"I will be carefully monitoring events and reactions over the new few days and will be making further comments probably early next week."

I :h34rt: McCoist.

As it goes i have actually, i follow Stranraer and have been to quite a few Div 3 games,

people here think this is going to be a stroll, Div 3 is a seriously physical league and a mainstay of youth players wont be capable of getting out of it easily, believe me!!

I don't believe you - we wont just have youth players. And those we do will have the tools to deal with what they face.

We may have closure on where we play on the coming season, fair enough, but where is the money coming from to a) buy competitive players??, b) where's the money coming from to sustain the overhead running of Ibrox and Auchenhowie??, c) where's the money coming from to keep us afloat for the forseeable future full stop??

And dont tell me season book money will keep us in the black, or sponsorship deals, as we'll get a fraction of the sponsorship money's we had as RFC,

I've always said on here, i'm a realist, and Division 3 football for us, may as well be the Pallbearer droping the cord on the coffin,

we are finished as a 'major' club, and quite frankly i'm disgusted Charles Green never done anywhere near as much as he could have to get us back in the top flight,

put "sporting integrity" aside here, without us playing top tier, or at the minimum, second tier football, we are financially fucked,

this is the blackest day of all my 38 years as a Rangers supporter.

too many things i want to write here. but in a nutshell, this is the first time in our history really, where we can set up a plan that looks more than one year ahead. the last two decades have been pretty dull in fairness, granted we've had some great teams, but there has never been any challenge other than from the plastics. people seem to forget, but a few months ago, we were praying for a backer, and were wondering if our team would still exist, so given how bad things could have been, i'm just glad we have a team to follow follow. i dont care where we play, or who we play, as long as i get to see us. and regarding your 'major club' comment, that is not worthy of a reponse.

Other teams dont have a nigh on 50K capacity stadium to run, nor a state of the art training facility,

How the fuck does anyone come to the conclusion that SB's/Gate money's will sustain us, seriously, how many season books will be bought now, 18/20K at a reduced price on the SPL pricing!!

Go and do some maths FFS, the writing is on the wall, we are fucked!!!

I reckon we'll be fine - you make no mention of the fact we won't be paying arseholes like Lafferty & Whittaker, to name but two of those who've fucked us over, the best part of £50k a week either.

18-20k season tickets I think is slightly low an estimate - for every glory hunting "supporter" i've heard say they won't be back, i've heard 2 say they'll be buying tickets now.

Not to say we won't have a reduced income, however what we will have are massively reduced outgoings in the form of wages - the remainder of the first team, bye & large are not the high earners we used to have - them combined with a shrewd aquisition or 3 combined with those graduating from Auchenhowie should be the backbone of a decent team & hopefully by the time we're back up the leagues, some of those will have matured into fantastic players.

what's that saying we all love... thingmy... starts with the word "No"...

:crabflute:

I don't believe you - we wont just have youth players. And those we do will have the tools to deal with what they face.

As it's a forum, your entitled to your opinion, but i'd hazard a guess that you have never seen a division 3 game in your life, nor the type of football that's played there, so, we can only agree to disagree (tu)

I :h34rt: McCoist.

Agreed. We are so incredibly fortunate that he is captain of the ship during this storm. We all know what a sham this "Sporting integrity" bollix is, but he & Green stood above calling it what it is and gave excellent, dignified statements.

As it goes i have actually, i follow Stranraer and have been to quite a few Div 3 games,

people here think this is going to be a stroll, Div 3 is a seriously physical league and a mainstay of youth players wont be capable of getting out of it easily, believe me!!

yeah dorin goian must be shitting himself about facing archie mcteuchter, especially as dorin, a professional athlete doesnt have the same training regime as archie who walks over 5 miles a day as a postie before having 8 pints and a ton of chips for his supper. :beer1:

div 3 - 36 games possible 108 points and ill be surprised if we dont top 100

Should there even have been a vote or should the people in charge of Scottish football make a decision and tell people "This is what's happening"

Shower of gutless bastards

yeah dorin goian must be shitting himself about facing archie mcteuchter, especially as dorin, a professional athlete doesnt have the same training regime as archie who walks over 5 miles a day as a postie before having 8 pints and a ton of chips for his supper. :beer1:

div 3 - 36 games possible 108 points and ill be surprised if we dont top 100

Your going to be very surprised then (tu)

I know for fact that every player in that league is more than up for giving us a game, yes we may have 2 or 3 first teamers staying loyal, but as i said, our mainstay bread and butter weekly XI will be made up of mainly youth players, and again as i also said, people think this is going to be a stroll,

far from it, honestly, far from it!!!

Your going to be very surprised then (tu)

I know for fact that every player in that league is more than up for giving us a game, yes we may have 2 or 3 first teamers staying loyal, but as i said, our mainstay bread and butter weekly XI will be made up of mainly youth players, and again as i also said, people think this is going to be a stroll,

far from it, honestly, far from it!!!

175kw9.jpg

As it's a forum, your entitled to your opinion, but i'd hazard a guess that you have never seen a division 3 game in your life, nor the type of football that's played there, so, we can only agree to disagree (tu)

Your guess would be wrong - I worked as a photographer and covered more more fitba matches than I care to remember.

I've also been to any number of Dumbarton games over the decades at both Boghead and the Rock - we have much to look forward to and little to fear.

Behave mate.

When Livingston were demoted two divisions everybody thought that was the end of them and the following season they sauntered to the league title.

We will do the exact same.

Archived