SPL rethink looking likely

SteveJ

I'd disagree that we don't have players for SPL level. We don't have players to challenge for the title straight away but we certainly have a team that would be more than capable of comfortably finishing 2nd.

we'd be scrapping it for our lives avoiding relegation tbh, the team was dropping points even with the big players in the squad, its about time we face the realisation that we don't have a squad fit for the spl or div 1, its div 3 at best, we need the youth players to step up because if they don't we again could be at the bottom of the league in div 3.

its going to take quite a few years and patience to get back to where we were

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This cannot be true. :lol:

We have already seen every club chairman in the land come out and say how it is impossible to keep Rangers in the SPL and maintain sporting integrity and money should not be an issue in the decision.

Anyone taking such a moral standpoint could never go back on it.

Not without looking like a right fud.

The turkeys have just realised it's xmas eve. :craphead:

If we are blackmailed by the SFA into joining the SPL next season then it should be absolutely no sanctions - Quid Pro Quo, otherwise we should report them to FIFA.

We cannot survive with our pride intact by bowing to this transfer embargo. We don't have enough experiencd players for cover. The media would attempt to humiliate us all season watching us try to put a team on the park week to week.

<br>I seriously hope we don't accept any offer to join the SPL.<br>
<br>And me , we have no Squad to cope with the SPL and I think it is a Dead Duck .<br>Let it Burn and embrace what comes out of it. It needs to be Obliterated.<br>I suggest strongly if the SFA withhold our Licence on the grounds we don't accept this ,then we should take a Year out, and seek entry into the lower English Leagues. I would pay my season Premium  ticket price for no Football if it meant entry in to that League, and The FA.

I think we would need to get a good few decent players mate to finish 2nd, but tbh i just dont see us back in the SPL next season.

We'd need to bolster for sure, but if it's SPL then chances are we keep Goian, Boca and Edu. We'd have a good enough starting XI but we would need to add to that incase of injuries, suspensions etc... The other SPL teams will be weaker as well, they haven't been able to sign or re-sign many players either due to the uncertainty.

But like you I don't see us in the SPL either.

we'd be scrapping it for our lives avoiding relegation tbh, the team was dropping points even with the big players in the squad, its about time we face the realisation that we don't have a squad fit for the spl or div 1, its div 3 at best, we need the youth players to step up because if they don't we again could be at the bottom of the league in div 3.

its going to take quite a few years and patience to get back to where we were

Have you seen the rest of the SPL teams? We humped Dundee Utd with Salim Kerkar up front. The standard in this country isn't great. On the assumption that we would bolster our squad if we join the SPL, we should get 2nd.

I think we will be granted entry to the SPL & then relegated which will be the sanction handed down instead of a transfer embargo.

That's what I thought they would do on July 4th. But they were promised division 1 and after that plan failed they've had to go back to the drawing board.

I think we will be granted entry to the SPL & then relegated which will be the sanction handed down instead of a transfer embargo.

so they replace one illegal sanction with another?

relegation is not on the list of punishments, it's more likley they would put us back into SPL then suspend us for a full year ( worst case scenario imo )

No don't see us in the SPL as someone said earlier they'd all look like fuds after their speeches about integrity. Plus with the players that have left we don't have an SPL team now. Time to look after ourselves and our own interests. The SPL needs to be taken apart,it's not fit for purpose.

really?

exactly who do we have on the books mate?

I thnk we would need to invest pretty heavily in a few players to get second in the SPL this year, and we should be paid compensation from the SPL/SFA for this fucking shambles. We have lost around 15-20million pound worth of players, basically the whole spine of our squad. We will struggle to finish top 4 with our current team (unless I am mistaken on who our current team consists of.)

Aw we would have to invest in the squad which I'm sure we'd do if we get back into the SPL. But the rest of the SPL is getting weaker due to all the uncertainty. Motherwell have lost 10 players and have barely been able to replace them.

so they replace one illegal sanction with another?

relegation is not on the list of punishments, it's more likley they would put us back into SPL then suspend us for a full year ( worst case scenario imo )

Would a suspension not create the same problems for the diddy teams, funding from TV and sponsorships are reliant in us being part of the SPL.

If I was a sponsor/business I would pull my funding

Would a suspension not create the same problems for the diddy teams, funding from TV and sponsorships are reliant in us being part of the SPL.

If I was a sponsor/business I would pull my funding

pretty sure most of the sponsors would take the same line as sky

they would be fine as long as the SPL are only without Rangers for a year.

I don't think that is beyond them at all. I definitely think that will be something the weasels will look at tomorrow. They could end up with a full scale rebellion on their hands from all sides.