Fighting Fund

Today I attended the Bomber meeting to represent the clubs I am a member of - the Hong Kong RSC and the Phuket Bawdeep Loyal RSC. I won't go into details on the meet itself as that is for other threads, however there was one very interesting point that came out about the FF and their latest expenditure.

Apparently their latest purchase has been towels for the first team.

WTF I hear you cry - indeed.

It seems that Jimmy Bell asked the club repeatedly for new towels for the returning players and was refused/ignored/put off/etc.

As a result the FF stepped up and fulfilled this requirement. Well done.

The point which amazed me even more was the cost that had caused so much debate and gnashing of teeth in the corridors of Green's empire - a whopping GBP 507.00 (five hundred and seven pounds).

I would seriously like to know if this is true as the FF men present did not dispute it at all.

If Green cannot supply his players with towels at 500 quid I would suggest there may be issues ahead, and all is not well. There were multiple ex-players present at the meeting and they literally gasped when this was mentioned. Says it all really.

Not a great sign, but not one that has me running for a lifeboat either.

Are you not amazed by that? I am still flabbergasted to be honest. Never in my life have I heard any team other than school teams looking for towels and the basics.

Today I attended the Bomber meeting to represent the clubs I am a member of - the Hong Kong RSC and the Phuket Bawdeep Loyal RSC. I won't go into details on the meet itself as that is for other threads, however there was one very interesting point that came out about the FF and their latest expenditure.

Apparently their latest purchase has been towels for the first team.

WTF I hear you cry - indeed.

It seems that Jimmy Bell asked the club repeatedly for new towels for the returning players and was refused/ignored/put off/etc.

As a result the FF stepped up and fulfilled this requirement. Well done.

The point which amazed me even more was the cost that had caused so much debate and gnashing of teeth in the corridors of Green's empire - a whopping GBP 507.00 (five hundred and seven pounds).

I would seriously like to know if this is true as the FF men present did not dispute it at all.

If Green cannot supply his players with towels at 500 quid I would suggest there may be issues ahead, and all is not well. There were multiple ex-players present at the meeting and they literally gasped when this was mentioned. Says it all really.

Who made the statement about this mate?

I am sure at the RFFF meeting this was proven to be false by Monty maybe? Can someone clarify and if it is false, close the thread (I'm on mobile now).

I thought Bomber looked across and asked if it was correct and someone mumbled something - they didn't dispute it today anyway that I heard.

I thought Bomber looked across and asked if it was correct and someone mumbled something - they didn't dispute it today anyway that I heard.

Somebody mumbling something is a different matter altogether.

Green out now!

Somebody mumbling something is a different matter altogether.

Green out now!

I just had a question mate, if the point was true or not - its not about Green, but if the club is not treating players with any respect, I assumed other fans would want to know.

Dingwall given up with t-shirts and started on towels now?

This has his grubby prints over such a dirty smear. (if proven to be untrue, as it seems to be)