Nacho Novo: "Celtic is a sham; it's not Catholic at all"

Shane

http://www.marca.com/2012/07/16/en/football/spanish_football/1342423938.html

PABLO GARCÍA CUERVO. MADRID 07/16/2012

He cannot walk through the streets of Glasgow. Sometimes they have to close shops for him before the fans and onlookers descend. Nacho Novo, a Rangers legend, has returned with his family for a brief visit to the city where he made his name as a footballer. There he awaits his new destiny, having ended his contract with Legia Warsaw where he played for half a season and won the Polish Cup.

The reforming of Rangers in the Third division as a result of its debts has been met with absolute rage from some Celtic supporters - its perpetual rival - which have gone to the extreme of repeated death threats to Nacho Novo.

"It used to be a common occurrence but, since the invention of Twitter, the threats have multiplied. A lot of Celtic supporters every day wish for my death and that of my children and it is really unpleasant although it's normal practice in Celtic, a sham of a club, calling itself Catholic but it's not at all", commented Nacho Novo.

"You only need to look at its recent history and see the shady events that club has had. It thinks it is fooling people. That's why it's an honour to be from Rangers, a team with values, with respect and with history. Whatever happens, it will always be the best team in Scotland", he concluded.

Come home, son. Come home. hail.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind he was linked to Aberdeen last year :lol:

"I would not go to Aberdeen - why would I give up playing against Barcelona and Real Madrid to play for Aberdeen?

"I have nothing against their manager but their fans hate me and I hate them, so why would I want to play for them?

It takes a foreigner to stick up for us, not only a foreigner but a catholic one at that. Those supposed real Rangers men who are frozen by fear to publicly back us should be ashamed or shamed into fighting back, the fans can only do so much we need more high profile people backing us.