Aurelio De Laurentiis confirms interest in buying 2nd club

Apologies if this has already been posted. DJW broke the story he had seen last night(http://rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=835:napoli-owner-de-laurentiis-interested-in-rangers-bid&catid=103:board&Itemid=531) and now it seems ADL has confirmed it(although not named a specific club) in his press conference.

Aurelio De Laurentiis has once again spoken of the possibility of buying a second football club, as he defends current outfit Napoli’s transfer policy.

The Vesuviani patron, who has taken Napoli from Serie C1 to Champions League football and Serie A inside eight years, recently dropped a hint that he would like to have a similar impact elsewhere in world football.

At Napoli’s pre-season camp today, the movie producer returned to the subject and confirmed that he is still interested in the idea.

“The second year in Serie C1, [then sporting director Pierpaolo] Marino asked if I wanted to buy another club,” recalled De Laurentiis at a Press conference today.

“He told me to go to Scotland because there was some mechanism that he had explained to me. Perhaps that’s why something has stayed with me about the idea of Scotland.

“The idea that I want more clubs around the world has been around for years. Because I’m revolutionising the film company does not mean that I cannot do the same in football.

“I have thought many times of investing in the American market, but eventually you have to go to where football is alive and vibrant, i.e. in Europe and South America.

“I’m looking with interest to invest in a second club.”

The President also took questions on his transfer plans with the Partenopei, reacting strongly to the suggestion that it has been a quiet summer for the club.

“What people do not realise is that Napoli’s transfer work began in January with an outlay of €12m. [Walter] Mazzarri has so far had only a trickle from Eduardo Vargas. This year we will see the true Vargas.

“Then, there has been €10m paid for Valon Behrami and Alessandro Gamberini, plus €7m to make permanent Goran Pandev’s move from Inter. It seems that the Macedonian doesn’t exist anymore, but he’s still a great player.

“We have already spent €29m. To me it would cost nothing to spend €30m to take Stevan Jovetic, but then who do I throw out to make space?

“There’s also Lorenzo Insigne…the market is always open, as Vargas’ example shows. Even if we don’t need them where there is the possibility to take a promising player we will do so.

“We can buy them and put them aside. The workshop at Napoli is always open even to buy those who we do not currently need. We can take them and then turn them out on loan.”

http://www.football-italia.net/21324/adl-buying-players-and-clubs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this be why Green is out of the country at the minute?

Does seem strange that with him being the top man at Rangers right that he is not over here trying to get Rangers a license to play next season.

The whole talking to uefa bit seems like a bit of a cover story to me, could well be something in this.

Even if they don't need a player they could acquire one to put out on loan, interesting if he was to get involved with us in any capacity. Then you read that it took 8 years for Napoli to get back to playing in Europe so I'd say he's a lazy cunt. We'll be back in 5........tops.

THE Charles Green-led Sevco consortium are set to come under more pressure to give up their controlling interest in newco Rangers.

Having already fought off approaches from a group headed by former boss Walter Smith and the Rangers for Change alliance set up by ex-Gers favourite John Brown, the resolve of Green and Co is set to be tested again by outspoken Italian Aurelio de Laurentiis.

The controversial multi-millionaire owner of Napoli has told friends in Italy that he is convinced his business plan which saw his side rise from the ashes of the country’s third division can work with the beleaguered Scottish side.

According to reports in yesterday’s edition of the highly-respected newspaper, La Stampa, the 63-year-old tycoon – infamous for his barbed comments at press conferences – is serious about bidding for the Ibrox club.

De Laurentiis, nephew of the movie producer Dino de Laurentiis, has been waiting for an opportunity to prove that his business plan can work with a foreign side.

He sees Rangers – now condemned to starting the new season in the Third Division following their recent liquidation – as being of similar stature to the Napoli side which last year performed so well in the Champions League before finally being knocked out by eventual winners, Chelsea.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/334055?

"De Laurentiis, nephew of the movie producer Dino de Laurentiis, has been waiting for an opportunity to prove that his business plan can work with a foreign side.

Yesssssssssssssss It's all coming together now!.......We make zillions from a blockbuster movie about the attempts by dark forces to annihilate the mighty Rangers but instead the plan backfires and the SFA and SPL.......Well! I better not give away the story ending :pipe:

I wonder who will play the parts of the villains of the piece.....Murray,Whyte,Regan,Doncaster,SPL chairmen,Liewell etc...Any suggestions fellow Bears? :uk:

A feeder club for Napoli is this a good thing or not I'm unsure. Will probably just mean they give us players they want but aren't quite ready to play first team football yet in practice.

We will never be a feeder club for no cunt!...you make it sound as if we are a wee numpty club to help other clubs bring players on!....FFS!

We will never be a feeder club for no cunt!...you make it sound as if we are a wee numpty club to help other clubs bring players on!....FFS!

Thats why I said I was unsure if its a good thing or not.

That's one way to look at it but Napoli could have someone as good as Cavani or Hamsik on their books who isn't quite ready for the Italian leagues but who would rip up the lower leagues here is how it could be a good thing for now as they wouldn't cost anything either.

Bardsley, weiss, Bartley. 3 recent examples. Need to get with the times. If we have a decent squad littered with some good young talent I'm all for it, especially if it means we can spend money where we need to...

Bardsley, weiss, Bartley. 3 recent examples. Need to get with the times. If we have a decent squad littered with some good young talent I'm all for it, especially if it means we can spend money where we need to...

A sensible head.

We're in no position to pick and choose. A position I'm ready to accept after my controversial post over the possible signing of Ian Black. He would be a massive player for Rangers at this time.

If we were offered any of Italy's finest potentials, I'd be more than welcoming.