Sky remove spl games from their listings

c/hallbear

I would love, LOVE it if this means the SPL is being arse raped already. Serves the bastards right.

Is there any way we could negotiate our own deal in Divison 3? Like show our games on RangersTV without having to give money to the SFL?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this stage it is probably a negotiation tactic or legally they can't advertise if there is an uncertainty.

It's this most likely - I don't think they can advertise it to subscribers if they don't know they can show it, otherwise they'll be in trading standards grief.

So it suggests they are renegotiating at the least, which is promising. At the very least, if they have to buy Rangers matches from the SFL you would imagine they'd expect that deducted from the SPL amount, also less the additional cost of covering these other matches.

I would expect Sky and ESPN to be playing the same brinkmanship game right up until the first payment. They're basically in a position to name their price if there has been a breach of contract.

It's this most likely - I don't think they can advertise it to subscribers if they don't know they can show it, otherwise they'll be in trading standards grief.

So it suggests they are renegotiating at the least, which is promising. At the <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">very</a> least, if they have to buy Rangers matches from the SFL you would imagine they'd expect that deducted from the SPL amount, also less the additional cost of covering these other matches.

I would expect Sky and ESPN to be playing the same brinkmanship game right up until the first payment. They're basically in a position to name their price if there has been a breach of contract.

The lassie on the phone earlier said they were waiting on confirmation of the revised fixture list before the listings would be back up, as that they were unsure which matches were to be televised, she said it would be sorted before the season kicks off!!

Could this be why the SPL are so desperate for our TV income from the 3rd division,SKY aint giving them shit so they are trying to steal ours.HA fucking ha ya shower of corrupt cunts.

Nail on the head mate. 00000042.gif

Just off the phone to Sky. They will be showing SPL games as agreed but they have nothing further to say on any agreement involving SFL games due to the "ongoing" dispute with the SPL, SFL, SFA and Rangers. I asked him to explain what all that meant and he said only that the SFL/Rangers will be the first to to put out any agreement news on any televised contract they may or may not have/get..

:sherlock:

Good, glad I cancelled., quick thought though reg new TV contact

Say 10,000 bears cancelled their SKY, rough estimate £400 a year that makes £4 million, if we all came back.

No idea how many cancelled, but it shows the power have, no wonder SFL told Doncaster to stick his £2million up his arse.

Good, glad I cancelled., quick thought though reg new TV contact

Say 10,000 bears cancelled their SKY, rough estimate £400 a year that makes £4 million, if we all came back.

No idea how many cancelled, but it shows the power have, no wonder SFL told Doncaster to stick his £2million up his arse.

Is it Rupret or Rupert ;)

I cancelled sports a long time ago. I could not stick the fact we were being fleeced for a smaller football package with SKY/ESPN than we received with Setanta. Anyway, I have kids so i decided not to cancel the whole package. Its hard to say what the TV deal is worth but id say no more than £15 a month per subscriber. Reports shown recently suggest circa 100000 viewers for games with Gers. Thats about £1.5M/Month. £2M wont cut it and Longmuir will know this.

If SKY really do want the scum in the EPL along with the mighty Rangers then this is one sure way to do it.

Do they have the cojonas to kill Scottish football in order to improve the value of their key product (English Football) ?

I would say they probably do actually.

To a degree Sky and the EPL are mutually dependent, which means Sky don't have the same degree of leverage over the EPL as they have over other sports. Sky is not able to dictate to the EPL. Heck, they couldn't even keep Rangers in the SPL nevermind shoehorn them and Celtic into the EPL.

Is it Rupret or Rupert ;)

I cancelled sports a long time ago. I could not stick the fact we were being fleeced for a smaller football package with SKY/ESPN than we received with Setanta. Anyway, I have kids so i decided not to cancel the whole package. Its hard to say what the TV deal is worth but id say no more than £15 a month per subscriber. Reports shown recently suggest circa 100000 viewers for games with Gers. Thats about £1.5M/Month. £2M wont cut it and Longmuir will know this.

Was meant to be Ruprecht, but was pissed when joined up. Exactly, Scottish football in the SFL will flourish, and the SPL will die a slow lingering death, at least in my dreams and hopefully ...

There pr team will be trying to put adverts together for the new spl season.

Thrilling Monday night games like Ross County v ICT.

Do want sky get something sorted with rangers games as i do want renew my sky sports but unless they do im gonna miss the super sunday games/barca games and be stuck with eastenders omnibus with old sunday hangover.