Is the The Team Squad going to be strong enough to win Cups?

Alexander

Cole Broadfoot Perry Wallace

Bedoya Black Hutton

Shiels

Little McCulloch

Not a bad side tbh... Feel a few of those might still go.. but a decent core.

As for CUPs.. generally unpredictable anyway.. OF course we can win. Never, ever bet against The Rangers! 00000042.gif

Lets not get ahead of ourselves lads...We haven't signed anyone yet. I think if we get a few of the players we have been linked with we will have a chance in the cups but I would much rather we concentrate on bringing through a good crop of youngsters without the pressure of having to win anything other than promotion. This year at least, anything more than that would be a bonus for me.

Call me a cynic, but i think we are a certainty to be drawn against Sellick in at least 1 of the cup competitions.

the hot balls will be ready to suit SKY?

or would the S.F.A. never try to rig this, being of such sporting integrity?

by the way, i would love to hump them from a lower division.

speaking of integrity, i have followed Rangers for over 50 years and i never heard of sporting integrity until, we got to Manchester for the U.E.F.A. Cup Final.

Mr Liewell was quick to introduce this ethic at that stage, when it suited them to rob us of the League title, and this phrase has been used by all and sundry ever since,

i used to think we only had Sellick to worry about, but the rest of Scottish Football have united against us.

so we know exactly where we stand, we owe nobody any favours in future

Good grief! surely were not considering signing Beattie up again?

We may not be in a position to pick and choose, but I feel that would be a

panic signing.

You need to be fit as a butcher's dog to negotiate some of the mud-bath pitches we will encounter in the lower divisions.

Get real folks.

We have lost a massive part of our squad and we are replacing them with SPL players who can't find an SPL team.

I think we, as a support, need a reality check with regards to our squad and it's chances.

Our only goal is to ensure our promotion from Div3 to 2, then from 2 to 1, cups are a bonus but will also be a distraction to the main priority.

If we win a cup, other than the Harry Ramsdens, it will be a maaaaassive upset. I'm not saying we can't do it, but believe me it would set the country on fire if we did.

The only way I think it's possible is if we create a really compact, hard to score against unit like Walter set up in 2008 and be prepared to go through replays (which would actually be good for income if it meant more games at Ibrox).

One thing is for sure though, all those 1-0 and 2-0 wins against Killie, Motherwell etc we were getting bored of in cup games will feel like gladiatorial, life-or-death battles from here on in. It will be a great feeling to treasure every goal and every win.

Of course it can. First one will be the Ramsdens Cup.

Celtic are shite, bottlers in big games. The only big game they will have this season is if they meet us in a cup.

You must be forgetting the Champions League final :P

If Ally can get a decent squad together that's capable of back-to-back promotions then I don't see why we can't challenge for the cups but anything other than league titles is a bonus for me (tu)

If we add Ian Black,Craig Beattie and as rumour has it Gary Teale,with Andy Little said to be re joining and poss Goian

Add Alexander,Big Jig,Kirk B,Perry etc I reckon we have a team which on it's day will be strong enough on a one off to beat anyone in any of the Cups.

How Sweet would that be beating them.......knocked out the cup by a third division team!

if we avoid big teams....oh wait a minute - WE ARE THE BIGGEST TEAM. yes we can win a cup or two in our journey up the leagues. for all lurkers - we will be back, you will always be in our shadow. i used to be indifferent to fans of the other teams, but frankly, you have shown how sad and pathetic you all are. i will now look forward to your demise, as we rise back to our rightful place.

I think we could win a cup. With a few additions we'd have one of the 3-4 best squads in the country. The only thing that might hold us back is our players getting used to a lower calibre of opposition, but then again they're training with each other so standards shouldn't slip too much. Obviously incredibly difficult to predict, but given that we should skoosh the league, we've got the chance to concentrate on the cups and make a real go of them.