Today's referree

mick1271

In the past few years hardly a game has gone by when we havn't been slagging off the standard of our top tier referees. G Salmond was todays referee and i thought he had a good game , he kept it flowing and didnt really make an arse of anything .The bookings given out seemed fair enough and he had an even handed approach to the decisions he made. The main thing is he wasn't trying to be the centre of attention like the SPL referees we are normally used to. If this is the standard of refereeing we will get in the lower leagues I will be more than happy.

ps .we should have had a penalty when Little was brought down but in the spl he would probably have been booked for diving.

I thought he was pretty poor actually. Gave very soft free kicks to Brechin players for large periods of the second half and made a couple of baffling calls. Might just be me though.

I agree with this. Not that great a show tbh (although compared to some decisions SPL refs gave last year i see where you're coming from)

Why he can give a FK against Mackay but not give us a pen on the 83rd(?) min when mcculloch took a dig was a baffling call.

Aye a didn't think he was up to much either.

Black was pulled up for a few Brechin players blatant dives, his decisions were inconsistent regarding fouls and we should have had a penalty.

thought he had a crackin game. I think the fact that he was a top class sportsman helps him. Seems to talk with the players so nothing gets out of hand. I have thought he has been our best ref for the last year or two

He was pish!

As soon as we looked at their players, they were falling over & the ref couldn't wait to blow.

Linesman next to Rangers fans was pish aswell.

He should've kept it to the changing room mate.

I agree with this. Not that great a show tbh (although compared to some decisions SPL refs gave last year i see where you're coming from)

Why he can give a FK against Mackay but not give us a pen on the 83rd(?) min when mcculloch took a dig was a baffling call.

I watched the game while being constantly annoyed by my 2 weans and didnt see the penalty call in 83mins ,Blacks booking i thought was a borderline yellow. Wish i had taped it now . looking through the posts on here concerning the game ,there hasnt really been any talk of the referee which is always a good thing .

I thought the ref was OK, didn't agree with all the decisions either for or against us but on balance pretty fair.

However it seems the linesmen in Div 3 know just as much as them in the SPL about the offside rule. Even with the crap camera angles some of the calls seemed out of order.

this must be a wind-up, he was fucking shambolic.

At 1-0 Little was fouled inside the box as he went to pull the trigger, maybe clumsy rather than intentional, but a stonewall penalty & red card. He never gave it solely for the reason he took pity on Brechin. Fucking cunt cost me my bet on HT/FT, as 2-0 and 10-men Brechni it wouldve been gameover after about 20 mins.

I thought he was pretty poor actually. Gave very soft free kicks to Brechin players for large periods of the second half and made a couple of baffling calls. Might just be me though.

Agreed.

Thought he was pretty crap throughout, I'm still trying to figure out some of his decisions.His positional sense was very poor too.

a stonewall penalty

That was the sort of penalty that sometimes gets given and sometimes not. He did seem to be making an effort to turn away from the ball even although he handled. A red would have been harsh.

If anything bust your coupon mate it was a pretty poor team performance. I'd save your stake money for after we get going mate. A tight scoreline and it took extra time to crawl past them but that said there was a gulf that was oceans wide today.