Arguing with a mhank on fb, have a question.

allanh91

Did they actually falsify their attendance figures to avoid paying tax or is it a rumour.

Brought up the subject and now look like a knob cos I cant back it up.

If in wrong forum, admin please remove. Just arguing about 'integrity'.

Did they actually falsify their attendance figures to avoid paying tax or is it a rumour.

Brought up the subject and now look like a knob cos I cant back it up.

If in wrong forum, admin please remove. Just arguing about 'integrity'.

Difficult to prove, but everyone in football knew(not just Big Jock) they would record an attendance of 30000 when the place was packed with 50000+, and they let priests in for free as a "man of the cloth", more likely they just wanted to be close to the ball boys.

Pedo bastards.

Difficult to prove, but everyone in football knew(not just Big Jock) they would record an attendance of 30000 when the place was packed with 50000+, and they let priests in for free as a "man of the cloth", more likely they just wanted to be close to the ball boys.

Pedo bastards.

It was more blatant than that. If they'd recorded 30,000 that would be up for debate. They'd record 18,000 and everyone would think "what the fuck?" - hard to estimate crowds by looking at them in the days before all seater stadiums.

In the Eighties they used to joke about it on the radio. Saying there was 25,000 at matches when the commentators were saying there was at least 50 odd thousand there. They would judge it on that the smeltic end and the bungle being full alone was at least around 30 thousand or so.

Pedo bastards.

To be honest this is a bit of an exaggeration. They certainly were guilty of under-declaring their gates. It was an open secret as it were but not quite in the same degree as the "Seville calculator". Obviously they had to keep it "reasonable" but we often joked about it in the late 60s and 70s. When it suited them, they would say to the press "must be nearly 90K in the ground" when we all knew it was no where near that figure. Other times, again when it suited them, the crowd figure could be 5 or 10 thousand more than declared. Over a season, I'm pretty certain that the average under-declared figure was probably in the region of a few thousand per week.

I should add that I'm old enough to know better than most and I'm not trying to be clever, just realistic.

Cheers for the input guys.

Basically called me a liar and claimed they were the gfitw and all that shite.

They couldn't fill their stadium after they won the league and we packed 47k in for a friendly. Do the maths. . . Yknow?

I can tell you for a fact from the mouth of a very close family member I know (a bluenose and older bear) who was unfortunate enough to have to be part of a group to do work on their (the mhanks) stadium in the late 60's that through that era and into the early 70's old man kelly was offered automated gates and declined as he said "why would I want to record the numbers entering", it was a well known fact they diddled the figures and on purpose.

Celtic have refused to give the official attendance for the games against Norwich and Inter Milan for fear of public humilation. They are thought to be the worse attendances in their history.

They lost a staggering amount of money hosting a star studded Inter Milan side and none of the punters turned up because they were all out buying school uniforms.

The Club are rotten to the core.

Cheers for the input guys.

Basically called me a liar and claimed they were the gfitw and all that shite.

They couldn't fill their stadium after they won the league and we packed 47k in for a friendly. Do the maths. . . Yknow?

Is this what you do on a Friday night? Sit on Facebook and argue with one of those mhanky bastards! Don't lower yourself to that mobs level. Dingy the vermin!

Look on any site, none of them have the official attendance. Only person to say anything was Alison Robbie on Twitter.

So what does she say the attendance was?

I've got it into my head there were 17,000 at the Norwich game and 20,000 at the Inter game. Hardly the worst attendances in their history.

To be honest this is a bit of an exaggeration. They certainly were guilty of under-declaring their gates. It was an open secret as it were but not quite in the same degree as the "Seville calculator". Obviously they had to keep it "reasonable" but we often joked about it in the late 60s and 70s. When it suited them, they would say to the press "must be nearly 90K in the ground" when we all knew it was no where near that figure. Other times, again when it suited them, the crowd figure could be 5 or 10 thousand more than declared. Over a season, I'm pretty certain that the average under-declared figure was probably in the region of a few thousand per week.

I should add that I'm old enough to know better than most and I'm not trying to be clever, just realistic.

To be honest it's not. I too am old enough to remember what they did, I'm originally from the East End and have been going to Ibrox since the early 60's and it's well known they fiddled the true attendances down to avoid tax implications and pay for the directors jollies.

:mad: